Please use this thread to advise of broken links etc

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Spudz wrote:1) When I click on the link for online form for billing enquiries at http://www.exetel.com.au/a_support_billing.php#billing , nothing happens. I guess there is no #billing section on that page. The page can be found here at http://www.exetel.com.au/a_support_billing.php


2) The link to Residential Agent draft contract doesn't work. ( http://www.exetel.com.au/pdf/residentia ... ements.pdf ) The link can be found on Residential agent programs page; http://www.exetel.com.au/agents_program_residential.php
Thank you for pointing out those errors.

i'll get them fixed.

ymo
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Wollongong NSW

Repeated text on SHDSL FAQ web page

Post by ymo » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:10 pm

http://www.exetel.com.au/c_shdsl_faq.htm
16. Does Exetel have a managed service available?

The links and network are managed 24x7. Control of the CPE, whether customer supplied or Exetel supplied is handed over to you once the circuit is complete. Control of the CPE, whether customer supplied or Exetel supplied is handed over to you once the circuit is complete. Exetel can assist you with CPE, router and network configuration issues on a charged time and materials basis if you need help.
I have highlighted the duplicated sentence.

Legend
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:40 am

Post by Legend » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:05 pm

The link to http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing ... 01#toggle2 opens a copy of the AUP that states "In the event that any user, on any plan, downloads more than 32 gb between 12 midnight am and 12 noon in any calendar month". This should now be 36GB.

Also, and this is not necessarily the right spot to post it but as it's related I'll include it here, could the AUP be amended to include something along the lines of "users are not entitled to download more than 36GB in the off-peak period"? I'm getting sick of correcting trolls at Whingepool. e.g.

I'd respectively suggest the following wording:

"Currently users are permitted to download 36GB in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period (the off-peak period) in any calendar month. There is no entitlement to download any more than this amount and so, in the event that any user, on any plan, downloads more than 36 GB in this period in any calendar month Exetel reserves the rights to allocate a separate bandwidth allocation for such users when they exceed that limit in any calendar month for the remainder of that calendar month."

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:20 am

Legend wrote:
1) The link to http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing ... 01#toggle2 opens a copy of the AUP that states "In the event that any user, on any plan, downloads more than 32 gb between 12 midnight am and 12 noon in any calendar month". This should now be 36GB.

Also, and this is not necessarily the right spot to post it but as it's related I'll include it here, could the AUP be amended to include something along the lines of "users are not entitled to download more than 36GB in the off-peak period"? I'm getting sick of correcting trolls at Whingepool. e.g.

2) I'd respectively suggest the following wording:

"Currently users are permitted to download 36GB in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period (the off-peak period) in any calendar month. There is no entitlement to download any more than this amount and so, in the event that any user, on any plan, downloads more than 36 GB in this period in any calendar month Exetel reserves the rights to allocate a separate bandwidth allocation for such users when they exceed that limit in any calendar month for the remainder of that calendar month."
1) I'll ask for it to be corrected.

2) I'll forward your suggestion

gong_guy
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 am

Post by gong_guy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 pm

..
Last edited by gong_guy on Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ymo
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Wollongong NSW

Optus ADSL2+ link now 200Mbps?

Post by ymo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm

I see that the Optus ADSL2+ link peaked at 200Mbps last night while the graph heading still states 150Mbps. I take it that this indicates the link has been upgraded again but the graph heading has not?

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/a_mrt ... _adsl2.php

hypt
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:15 am
Location: Revesby

Post by hypt » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:07 pm

I've been looking at the Mobile Capped Plans details page and the order page (in the user facilities) and found a few discrepancies:

* Included calls for Mobile CB plan is $230.00 on details page and $280.00 on order page.
* Flag fall is $0.25 on details page and $0.20 on order page.
* SMS charge is $0.25 on details page and $0.20 on order page.

Cheers,
Dan.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:41 am

hypt wrote:I've been looking at the Mobile Capped Plans details page and the order page (in the user facilities) and found a few discrepancies:

* Included calls for Mobile CB plan is $230.00 on details page and $280.00 on order page.
* Flag fall is $0.25 on details page and $0.20 on order page.
* SMS charge is $0.25 on details page and $0.20 on order page.

Cheers,
Dan.
Thank you - I'll get them fixed.

MJH
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:58 am

Post by MJH » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:49 am

It appears that the Optus Internet link has been upgraded to 550 mbps according to https://www.exetel.com.au/members/a_net ... ink=link01
Traffic 2 To/From The Internet Via Optus (550 mbps plus) Click here
though page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/a_mrt ... rnet_2.php has not been update
Traffic 2 To/From The Internet Via Optus(500 mbps Plus)

G-Box
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by G-Box » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:12 pm

(typos)

http://www.exetel.com.au/c_support_faq.htm

The ADSL username and password, also referred PPP Username, ADSL Account Name or CHAP/PAP Username and password. You enter these in your modem setup to allow you to connect to Exetel. If you are in NSW your USERNAME is your 10 digit phone number followed by @nsw.exetel.com.au , for example if your adsl line number was 0212345678 your would ender 0212345678@nsw.exetel.com.au . If you are in States/Territories other than NSW your USERNAME is your telephone number followed by @YOURSTATE.exeopt; for example if you were in South Australia your USERNAME would be 0812345678@sa.exeopt .

Your PASSWORD is your phone number, followed by the first 2 letters (in CAPITALS) of the street name of your ADSL service. For example, if your adsl line number was 0212345678 and the street name for that line was 200 West Street, you password would be 0212345678WE

You and Your seems difficult on your end :p

:-)

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:39 pm

G-Box wrote:(typos)

http://www.exetel.com.au/c_support_faq.htm

The ADSL username and password, also referred PPP Username, ADSL Account Name or CHAP/PAP Username and password. You enter these in your modem setup to allow you to connect to Exetel. If you are in NSW your USERNAME is your 10 digit phone number followed by @nsw.exetel.com.au , for example if your adsl line number was 0212345678 your would ender 0212345678@nsw.exetel.com.au . If you are in States/Territories other than NSW your USERNAME is your telephone number followed by @YOURSTATE.exeopt; for example if you were in South Australia your USERNAME would be 0812345678@sa.exeopt .

Your PASSWORD is your phone number, followed by the first 2 letters (in CAPITALS) of the street name of your ADSL service. For example, if your adsl line number was 0212345678 and the street name for that line was 200 West Street, you password would be 0212345678WE

You and Your seems difficult on your end :p

:-)
Thank you - I'll get it fixed.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:39 pm

MJH wrote:It appears that the Optus Internet link has been upgraded to 550 mbps according to https://www.exetel.com.au/members/a_net ... ink=link01
Traffic 2 To/From The Internet Via Optus (550 mbps plus) Click here
though page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/a_mrt ... rnet_2.php has not been update
Traffic 2 To/From The Internet Via Optus(500 mbps Plus)
Thank you - it's been fixed.

MJH
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:58 am

Post by MJH » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:58 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
MJH wrote:It appears that the Optus Internet link has been upgraded to 550 mbps according to https://www.exetel.com.au/members/a_net ... ink=link01
Traffic 2 To/From The Internet Via Optus (550 mbps plus) Click here
though page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/a_mrt ... rnet_2.php has not been update
Traffic 2 To/From The Internet Via Optus(500 mbps Plus)
Thank you - it's been fixed.
Thanks for the confirmation. :)

layzee
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:25 am
Location: .au
Contact:

Post by layzee » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 am

User Facilities > Order/Amend/Cancel Other Services > Order VoIP Services > Order VOIP Hardware

"Netcomm NB9W" Spec Sheet link is broken.

http://www.exetel.com.au/pdf/nb9_SpecSheet.pdf

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:32 am

layzee wrote:User Facilities > Order/Amend/Cancel Other Services > Order VoIP Services > Order VOIP Hardware

"Netcomm NB9W" Spec Sheet link is broken.

http://www.exetel.com.au/pdf/nb9_SpecSheet.pdf
Thank you - I'll get it fixed.

Locked