Changing ADSL2+ plans during contract period.

Old, inactive threads
SR1

Changing ADSL2+ plans during contract period.

Post by SR1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:23 pm

While trying to find out if I can change from one ADSL2+ plan to another ADSL2+ plan while on a 12 month contract, I found the following which has me really confused:

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_payment.php?link=link02
Contract Term
"For plans with an initial contract period you may move to another plan at any time during the initial contract period and at any time after the initial contract period ends."

But then under the heading -

Moving between Plans
"If the initial service period of your plan is greater than six months you cannot change plans until the initial service period has expired"

But when I log into the Exetel member acount facilities, and click on "Change my Service" it says

"Users on plans with an initial service period of 6 months may change plans at any time.
Users on ADSL2+ plans with a 12 month initial period may change plan at any time."

QUESTION 1:
Can I change my ADSL2+ plan to another ADSL2+ plan during a 12 month contract period?

QUESTION 2:
If I can change plans, will this mean my contract period starts from the date I change plans?

QUESTION 3:
If I can change plans but the contract period is unaffected, is there a limit to how many times I can change plans during the contract period?

QUESTION 4:
Will there be any penalties or charges for changing plans during the initial contract period?

QUESTION 5:
Are there any other limitations, such as being allowed to move to a more expensive plan, but not a cheaper one?

Another thing that has me a little confused...

Under the heading, "Moving between Plans" found at http://www.exetel.com.au/a_payment.php?link=link02

"You must submit a plan change request on or before midnight on the 26th of any month."

But if you click on "Change my Service" in the User Account Facilities, it states:

"Changing Your ADSL Plan
The "Change Service Plan" function allows you to move from your current plan to any other plan displayed on this page.
Customers on ADSL1 services requiring a speed change must have the request submitted before the 26th of the month for it to take effect on the 1st of the following month.
Customers changing plans with in the same speed (including ADSL2+ services) must submit their plan changes before midnight on the last day of any month."

QUESTION 6:
Provided customers who are currently on a ADSL2+ 12 month contract can change to another ADSL2+ plan, will they need to submit the plan change before the 26th of the previous month, or before midnight on the last day of the previous month?

Thank You.

LarryK

Re: Changing ADSL2+ plans during contract period.

Post by LarryK » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:30 am

SR1 wrote: http://www.exetel.com.au/a_payment.php?link=link02

Moving between Plans
"If the initial service period of your plan is greater than six months you cannot change plans until the initial service period has expired"
This is for those on a ADSL1 plan that had a 12 month term. It is not applicable for ADSL2. It would be sensible for me to amend that, of which I will do so shortly.
SR1 wrote: But when I log into the Exetel member acount facilities, and click on "Change my Service" it says

"Users on plans with an initial service period of 6 months may change plans at any time.

Users on ADSL2+ plans with a 12 month initial period may change plan at any time."
Currently for ADSL2 subscribers, to change plans there is no fee to do so, except of couse the change in plan price (if applicable) for the next month etc
SR1 wrote: QUESTION 1:
Can I change my ADSL2+ plan to another ADSL2+ plan during a 12 month contract period?
Yes
SR1 wrote: QUESTION 2:
If I can change plans, will this mean my contract period starts from the date I change plans?
No, you do not start a new contracted period.
SR1 wrote: QUESTION 3:
If I can change plans but the contract period is unaffected, is there a limit to how many times I can change plans during the contract period?
You can only request to change plans once a month.
SR1 wrote: QUESTION 4:
Will there be any penalties or charges for changing plans during the initial contract period?
No charge to change ADSL2 plans currently
SR1 wrote: QUESTION 5:
Are there any other limitations, such as being allowed to move to a more expensive plan, but not a cheaper one?
You can only change to a plan that is available to you in the Secure Users Facility. Whatever plan you change to has it own unique montyhly access, plan allowances etc.
SR1 wrote: Another thing that has me a little confused...

Under the heading, "Moving between Plans" found at http://www.exetel.com.au/a_payment.php?link=link02

"You must submit a plan change request on or before midnight on the 26th of any month."

But if you click on "Change my Service" in the User Account Facilities, it states:

"Changing Your ADSL Plan
The "Change Service Plan" function allows you to move from your current plan to any other plan displayed on this page.

Customers on ADSL1 services requiring a speed change must have the request submitted before the 26th of the month for it to take effect on the 1st of the following month.

Customers changing plans with in the same speed (including ADSL2+ services) must submit their plan changes before midnight on the last day of any month."

QUESTION 6:
Provided customers who are currently on a ADSL2+ 12 month contract can change to another ADSL2+ plan, will they need to submit the plan change before the 26th of the previous month, or before midnight on the last day of the previous month?
On or before 11:59 of the last day of the calendar month.
SR1 wrote: Thank You.
Your welcome.

lkml

Post by lkml » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:06 pm

Just want to ask the same questions. I think this should be make as sticky on the top of the list...:)

LHVWB

Post by LHVWB » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:01 pm

LarryK

I have just changed my service ADSL2+ service because the old plan that I was on no longer exsists. I had to change my plan before November to another plan and according to an email that I recieved shortly before the change occured I am now on another 12 month contract which seems to be in direct oposition to what you said to SR1.

SR1 wrote:

" QUESTION 2:
If I can change plans, will this mean my contract period starts from the date I change plans? "

LarryK wrote:

" No, you do not start a new contracted period. "

Also in the member facilities my contract end date has not changed, does this mean I am on a new 12 month contract or not? Could you please clarify.

Thank you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:19 pm

LHVWB wrote:LarryK

I have just changed my service ADSL2+ service because the old plan that I was on no longer exsists. I had to change my plan before November to another plan and according to an email that I recieved shortly before the change occured I am now on another 12 month contract which seems to be in direct oposition to what you said to SR1.

SR1 wrote:

" QUESTION 2:
If I can change plans, will this mean my contract period starts from the date I change plans? "

LarryK wrote:

" No, you do not start a new contracted period. "

Also in the member facilities my contract end date has not changed, does this mean I am on a new 12 month contract or not? Could you please clarify.

Thank you.
Hi,

If you change plans you do not enter into a new contract (well for residential and small business plans).

ssyt99

Post by ssyt99 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:48 pm

Hmm.... My friend changed his ADSL2+ plan because the old plan has gone. However, he was put into a new 12 months contract. Should he ask for removing the new contract and still stay in the new plan?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:58 pm

ssyt99 wrote:Hmm.... My friend changed his ADSL2+ plan because the old plan has gone. However, he was put into a new 12 months contract. Should he ask for removing the new contract and still stay in the new plan?
He was only put on a new contract if he relocated.

Knight-no-7

Post by Knight-no-7 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:19 pm

Quick Question, for ADSl2+ with phone,

a 12month contract means PHONE+NEt are locked in right? I cant change phone during that period right (or pay 100)?
[N3tFr33k]

James D

Post by James D » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:34 am

Knight-no-7 wrote:Quick Question, for ADSl2+ with phone,

a 12month contract means PHONE+NEt are locked in right? I cant change phone during that period right (or pay 100)?
You are able to change your plan during your contract.

If you want to relocate or terminate the service then there will be the 100 charge.