Exetel Web SMS API / PHP Class / Windows GUI (eXeSMS)

Old, inactive threads
w33ds

Post by w33ds » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi,
Excellent tool, I was trying to put in an international mobile number and exesms will only allow 11 characters this number is 13 characters, any chance on extending the limit?

Thanks,
w33ds

Montaro

Post by Montaro » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:31 pm

w33ds wrote:Hi,
Excellent tool, I was trying to put in an international mobile number and exesms will only allow 11 characters this number is 13 characters, any chance on extending the limit?

Thanks,
w33ds
Hi,

I would however the Exetel API would not allow it. The 11 character maximum is an "industry standard"..aparrently.

I too cannot send international SMS to several countries due to the longer country codes.

Hopefully someone from Exetel can verify this issue and perhaps even resolve it.

Kindest Regards,

Montaro.

William M

Post by William M » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:00 am

Montaro wrote:
w33ds wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
w33ds
Hi,

I would however the Exetel API would not allow it. The 11 character maximum is an "industry standard"..aparrently.

I too cannot send international SMS to several countries due to the longer country codes.

Hopefully someone from Exetel can verify this issue and perhaps even resolve it.

Kindest Regards,

Montaro.
Hi,

Just in clarification, if you're referring to the destination mobile number - that is already set to allow a maximum of 15 numerical characters.

In reference to the "from" or "sender" field it has been extended to 15 numerical characters only or 11 alphanumerical characters only.

The API document has also been updated with this information.

Thanks Will

Montaro

Post by Montaro » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:55 am

William M wrote:Hi,

Just in clarification, if your referring to the destination mobile number. That is already set to allow a maximum of 15 numerical characters.

In reference to the "from" or "sender" field it has been extended to 15 numerical characters only or 11 alphanumerical characters only.

The API document has also been updated with this information.

Thanks Will
Thanks for this information Will. I had not checked with the API document regarding this for quite some time. I will update my software to allow for 15 character numerical values.

This functionality will be available in the next release, along with a few bug fixes and hopefully a new feature or two. Stay tuned for an update, or periodically check Help -> Check for Updates

Mick01

Post by Mick01 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Hey Montaro, I just downloaded your app... I like it, very cool. Wish I had the skills to do stuff like that!

One very minor thing I noticed is when you click the check for updates button the popup that says you have the latest version comes up underneath the first window and you can't get to the Ok button.

Mick

Montaro

Post by Montaro » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:28 pm

Mick01 wrote:Hey Montaro, I just downloaded your app... I like it, very cool. Wish I had the skills to do stuff like that!

One very minor thing I noticed is when you click the check for updates button the popup that says you have the latest version comes up underneath the first window and you can't get to the Ok button.

Mick
Hi Mick,

Thanks for the bug report. I'll have this fixed for next release.

Kindest Regards.

echang01

good stuff

Post by echang01 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:42 pm

hey montaro,

it's awesome that you're doing all this stuff, i actually was looking for soemthing like this =)

i msg'd u on irc, if u have time could u gimme an email, cheers
What's Open 24hours in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, all over Australia?
www.whatsopen.com.au

stealth

Suggestion

Post by stealth » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:55 pm

Would it be possible for eXeSMS to maybe sync your sms address book with the one in the exetel members area?

Montaro

Re: Suggestion

Post by Montaro » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:01 am

stealth wrote:Would it be possible for eXeSMS to maybe sync your sms address book with the one in the exetel members area?

Heyyy that is an interesting idea!

I'm working with some of the Exetel staff on this one so I might mention some kind of API access to read/write from your web-based address book.

Good thinking, I'm impressed ;-)

stealth

Post by stealth » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Maybe even the messages aswell? :wink:

leithant

Can't add address book entry

Post by leithant » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:06 pm

Hi,

Upgraded from 1.2 to 1.4 today, and it didn't import my address book. If I try to add new entries I get " " is not a valid integer ". It also says this when I start the app.

thanks.

Edit: Fixed - deleted the ini file.

Montaro

Re: Can't add address book entry

Post by Montaro » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:47 pm

leithant wrote:Hi,

Upgraded from 1.2 to 1.4 today, and it didn't import my address book. If I try to add new entries I get " " is not a valid integer ". It also says this when I start the app.

thanks.

Edit: Fixed - deleted the ini file.
Next release will have more error checking. Until then, try starting fresh with a new INI file.. and for addresses, open the old version and export them (if it supports this, v1.3+) and import them into the new one.

I promise future releases will be backward compatible, or have an upgrade feature.

Radical Posture

Post by Radical Posture » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:49 pm

Cracker of an APP Montaro . . . good on you.

I got the ' "is not a valid integer' message on start up too. Tough for me though, I'm not up with what the hell "new INI files" are !

Any chance of scheduling SMSs on the APP. I have scheduled an SMS via the exetel website, but, it says "you can't schedule an SMS that far ahead" - that being about 2 weeks ahead.

Some flexibility with moving single addresses between groups would be good.

I tried teh update. Another text box came up behind teh "check for updates" text box but I couldn't read it.

Cheers again.

Zool

Post by Zool » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Awesome app :D

Im running Vista and cant add or import contacts, I get an error message something like "unable to write to c:\program files\eXeSMS\exesms.ini"
any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks
Steven

Montaro

Post by Montaro » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:25 pm

Radical Posture wrote:Cracker of an APP Montaro . . . good on you.

I got the ' "is not a valid integer' message on start up too. Tough for me though, I'm not up with what the hell "new INI files" are !

Any chance of scheduling SMSs on the APP. I have scheduled an SMS via the exetel website, but, it says "you can't schedule an SMS that far ahead" - that being about 2 weeks ahead.
This is a project goal for version 1.5, we're already 2 steps ahead of you ;-)
Some flexibility with moving single addresses between groups would be good.
I'll make sure this is added for v1.5 also..
I tried teh update. Another text box came up behind teh "check for updates" text box but I couldn't read it.

Cheers again.
Ah sorry I forgot to address this, for some reason this doesn't happen to me so I guess it slipped my mind. It will be addressed too.