Disconnecting every 10 - 20 Minutes

Old, inactive threads
glinted

Disconnecting every 10 - 20 Minutes

Post by glinted » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:11 pm

After a really good run and had no problems for several months it looks like the service has resorted back to the old frustrating sevice I used to have where my modem is disconnecting every 10 - 20 Minutes. I started getting interuptions a few weeks ago and then it has just got worse now & today it has disconnected about 20 times already and I'm really getting tired of this.

I will wait for the mods to first blame me then tell me off because I have made a complaint which is usualy the routine here and of course it will be Unwireds fault even though I signed up to Exetel and have never once talked or even had one thing to do with Unwired.

I have to unplug my modem for 10 seconds & then wait till it reconnects again... :x

glinted

Post by glinted » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:14 am

Well it is back again, now been disconnected every 10 minutes or so.. have had to put up with this all in the last day and it has been really bad for the last several days but now getting worse. Does the windy conditions cause these problems as it seems to get worse when windy? Anyway this is very, very anoying, I have shifted my modem around all day & it makes no difference anymore. I spend most of my time unplugging the modem & waiting for the connection to come back that doing anything else .

glinted

Post by glinted » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:33 pm

Well there is no wind around today and it is now disconnecting every 15 minutes.... :twisted:

edit: actually it is more like every 3 - 5 minutes it disconnects :twisted: :evil:

glinted

Post by glinted » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:48 am

Since yesterday I have been getting disconected all the time again, moving the modem won't fix it :twisted: i really hate this!

richardk
Exetel Staff

Post by richardk » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi,

What might be a suggestion is to download Navi Diagnostics by clicking on the link provided below.

http://www.navini.com/Website/Content/S ... nloads.htm

Once you have done this I suggest you perform a trend analysis to graph your connection stats in the place where you get the best signal strength.

When it has been graphed I would then send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with the trend analysis attached and a engineer will be able to help you with your wireless drop out problem.

Thank You

glinted

Post by glinted » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:50 pm

I will try this diagnostic thing later today when I get time. the connection is not just unreliable know it is extremly slow as well.

Well i have decided to move out of this place in a month and the next house will either have a good reception or I'm also considering using my mobile company who offer wireless now.,..

karLos

Post by karLos » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:36 pm

i have also had issues staying connected since early sunday morning, and couldn't connect at all for most of that day. i will run this test program when i get home also.

trev

Post by trev » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 pm

glinted wrote:Well I have just been warned in a private message that I must remove my sig links. I have had these links in my sig for as long as I remember and now they are getting nasty about this. Well if its not bad enough getting a terrible serive now they have nothing better to do with ther time than to tell customers that they must remove their sigs,
Did you even read the forum rules? Here's the relevant part for you:
Commercial Use
The forum is for commercial use exclusively by Exetel.

Permission to advertise may be negotiated directly with Exetel Management on the following basis:

1) the rate will be $250 per ad.
2) each post containing commercial information will be deemed an ad.
3) in almost all cases applications will be rejected in any event.

Unsolicited advertising will be deleted by the forum administrator. The ad will be billed to the sender at a rate of $250 per ad plus a $50 administration fee.

dogwomble

Post by dogwomble » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:32 pm

Please don't shout, it's rude, and is likely to get you banned from these (or any other) forums.

And yes, it could be considered advertising, in the sense that you are actively promoting another site/product/service/whatever. Please refer to the rules of the forum, which I'm sure you have to follow regardless of which forum you psot in.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:52 pm

glinted wrote:
trev wrote:
glinted wrote:Well I have just been warned in a private message that I must remove my sig links. I have had these links in my sig for as long as I remember and now they are getting nasty about this. Well if its not bad enough getting a terrible serive now they have nothing better to do with ther time than to tell customers that they must remove their sigs,
Did you even read the forum rules? Here's the relevant part for you:
Commercial Use
The forum is for commercial use exclusively by Exetel.

Permission to advertise may be negotiated directly with Exetel Management on the following basis:

1) the rate will be $250 per ad.
2) each post containing commercial information will be deemed an ad.
3) in almost all cases applications will be rejected in any event.

Unsolicited advertising will be deleted by the forum administrator. The ad will be billed to the sender at a rate of $250 per ad plus a $50 administration fee.
DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADVERTISING AND HAVING LINKS TO MY WEBSITES IN MY SIGNITURE WHICH IS WHAT EVERY OTHER DAMN FORUM I GO TO ALLOWS. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR PATHETIC LIFE THAN PICKING ON A CUSTOMER WHO IS TRYING TO GET HELP WITH THEIR CONNECTION THEN YOU ARE A COMPLETE #$$%%## HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET, THINKING THAT HAVING LINKS IN MY SIG IS ADVERTISING - MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO CHECK OUT A FEW MORE FORUMS AND SEE WHAT MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO DO WHICH IS NOT DEFINED AS ADVERTISING!! I ACTUALLY ONW AND RUN SEVERAL BUSY FORUMS AND I KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERNECE BETWEEN ADVERTISING AND HAVING A LINK TO MY WEBSITES IS>>
Hi Glinted,

Just relax:) Can you please send your trend analysis to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au so that we can look at what the issue is.
James

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:24 pm

James wrote: Just relax:)
James
You deserve a medal - the patience of a saint!

You must have counted to 100 before typing that :)

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:59 pm

Thank you for your final opinion. In my case, I still recommend Exetel as one of Australia's best ISPs.

If you think 3 will do a better job of it, that's fine. I have heard on Whirlpool that the service that 3 offers has quite a lot of problems and that is why I prefer to stay with Exetel.

Cheap, great service and great staff.. What more could you want from an ISP?
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

dogwomble

Post by dogwomble » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 pm

So let me get things straight.

You come to a forum, and break the rules. You are reminded of the rules by ExeTel customers in this thread. And then you rudely abuse those customers using foul language, insults and "obsene abuse", while claiming you run some high traffic forums and know how rules work.

I'm sure we'll all happily say goodbye. This "blessing in disguise" is not for you, it's for ExeTel and ExeTel's customers - one fewer ungracious ignorant little child that we have to deal with. We'll be glad to see the back end of you and most of all your abusive and obnoxious rants and get back to what this forum is all about, helping legitimate users who have difficulties with their Internet connection instead of people who spoil it for these users because they have an attitude problem.

Remind me never to visit any forums you run. Your blatant ignorance of how the world works would make these forums extremely nasty places to be around. I sure hope you aren't setting such a bad example for your kids, if you have any.

Legend

Post by Legend » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:21 pm

glinted wrote:Well after the obsene abuse I have got here from the exetel staff and the threatening pms from the MR Big ADMIN himself over trival crap about sig links I have now ordered a new Package from 3 to use their mobile internet service and I will now cancel my next month's order for my service with Exetel
From your very first posts here and at Whirlpool it was obvious that your connection was marginal and you were lucky to get a good connection at any time. You've been told this time and time again by various users, including me, and yet you ignored all advice and persisted with a poor connection, preferring to whinge instead, thinking THAT would magically fix your problem. I really hope a move to 3 fixes your problem.

I'd like to add that I do think it's hypocritical of you to claim that you have received "obsene (sic) abuse" from others because you're not too shy on the obscene abuse yourself, as a couple of whims from you in my archive at WP will confirm to anyone who wants proof.

Have a nice life.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:26 pm

glinted wrote:Well after the obsene abuse I have got here from the exetel staff and the threatening pms from the MR Big ADMIN himself over trival crap about sig links I have now ordered a new Package from 3 to use their mobile internet service and I will now cancel my next month's order for my service with Exetel and i think this is a real blessing in disguse, no more receiving crap from disgruntled exetel staff and mods and I can now have a much better coverage with my new service plus I get the first 6 months at half price. I will be extremely glad to see the back end of this forum and most of all that damn modem.
Hi Glinted,

Whilst you wait for your modem, you may want to still send a trend analysis to residentialsupport so they can help you out, but if you want to ensure you are not charged for next month please cancel your service online in the user facilities area before November.

Good luck with your new provider, and try not to go over your download allowance, $100 per gigabyte is pretty steep; long link replaced

EDIT, by Klaas, to "hide" long link, so that it doesn't break the forum :)