ATTENTION: The ONLY ADSL 2 Speed Issue Thread

Old, inactive threads
thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:03 pm

Exetel, could we please get an update?

I emailed and PM'd Dylan as requested a week or so back and started getting the automated daily phonecalls saying that the issue was being investigated, but I've never heard back from Dylan and the phonecalls have stopped.

Issues are still the same:

Any reply would be appreciated, even a "We're still investigating".

Thanks,

Thomas.

sykdup

Post by sykdup » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:30 pm

Nearly everthing is timing out for me tonight again. Took me about 30mins just to access this forum.

I have been told it won't be fixed until at least the end of the month which is absolutely crazy. Come on Exetel pull your finger out and fix the problem we are sick of this crap.

I asked about a credit and what the actual cause of the problem was and I got back a reply that was completely unrelated to my questions. I bet Exetel will be getting a credit from Optus if they are actually at fault like we are being told so why don't you pass it on to your customers for the sub standard connection that we are paying for.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:36 pm

sykdup wrote:Nearly everthing is timing out for me tonight again. Took me about 30mins just to access this forum.

I have been told it won't be fixed until at least the end of the month which is absolutely crazy. Come on Exetel pull your finger out and fix the problem we are sick of this crap.

I asked about a credit and what the actual cause of the problem was and I got back a reply that was completely unrelated to my questions. I bet Exetel will be getting a credit from Optus if they are actually at fault like we are being told so why don't you pass it on to your customers for the sub standard connection that we are paying for.
How much would you like to bet? Name the amount please.

With all services we buy from various providers we offer the same guarantee that we get - with ADSL there is no guarantee as we do not get one from Telstra/Optus, with SHDSL/Ethernet there is a 99.95% uptime guarantee as that is what Powertel/Optus provide us.
Last edited by James on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbd

Post by jbd » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Same ongoing problem that everyone else has. I figure more voices the better. I posted my first complaint on here a week ago, and sent an email to Dylan as instructed via the forum threads, and so far not a single response from an Exetel person. No automated phone messages or anything.

My speed is a bit better than some others on here as seen below, but when my GUI for my modem says 19800 then 2400 is woeful in my opinion.

sykdup

Post by sykdup » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:46 pm

jbd wrote:Same ongoing problem that everyone else has. I figure more voices the better. I posted my first complaint on here a week ago, and sent an email to Dylan as instructed via the forum threads, and so far not a single response from an Exetel person. No automated phone messages or anything.

My speed is a bit better than some others on here as seen below, but when my GUI for my modem says 19800 then 2400 is woeful in my opinion.

I could only dream of those speeds. I have only just managed to access the speedtest.net website without it timing out.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:02 pm

James wrote:
sykdup wrote:Nearly everthing is timing out for me tonight again. Took me about 30mins just to access this forum.

How much would you like to bet? Name the amount please.

With all services we buy from various providers we offer the same guarantee that we get - with ADSL there is no guarantee as we do not get one from Telstra/Optus, with SHDSL/Ethernet there is a 99.95% uptime guarantee as that is what Powertel/Optus provide us.
Thanks James, but you didn't answer my question!

- aNt -

Post by - aNt - » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 pm

There is no grounds for a credit as you waived all your rights when signing up to the service. Nearly all ISP's do not have a service level agreement for residental ADSL services.

*EDIT* - Believe me, I think we should be eligible as well considering the degradation of service. However, it's very unlikely that will happen.
Last edited by - aNt - on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- aNt -

Post by - aNt - » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Fact is, ATM the service is rubbish, but it is out of Exetel's control. Optus need to get their technicians to repair their equipment.

damo65

Optusnet = #$@!

Post by damo65 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:12 am

I was on the Bigpond circuit for 2 years before costs/ plan cancellations forced me to switch to ADSL2.
Slower than Bigpond ADSL!
More dropouts than Bigpond ADSL!
Speed below dialup!

I don't know what Optus offered you, Exetel, but you made a baaaad deal!
I've had service issues with Optus before, and unless the service improves, I'll be away to another ISP and you can chase me for any cancellation fees, scumbags!

darthur

Post by darthur » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:56 am

Since about 12:30am today I've not been able to load webpages, logon to msn or xfire, because they time out. It's picking up a bit now (although most of the webpages still time out) so I was able to do a speed test.

Just wondering if there's something wrong because I usually get atleast 300-800kb/s during the first couple of hours of offpeak. (I'm especially curious because its in the second half of the month so it shouldn't be too congested)

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:34 am

AthlonXP wrote:Fact is, ATM the service is rubbish, but it is out of Exetel's control. Optus need to get their technicians to repair their equipment.
It's not a physical problem to repair, as previously stated I believe it is a congestion issue on certain Optus BRAS.

jacobsa

Post by jacobsa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:56 am

Well whatever is the cause, its occuring for me as well. I am a network engineer and have had the service for about one and a half months.

I am on the Wollongong Exchange, ADSL2+ service.

When first installed, synced at 13000, saw about 400KB/s (not really what I expected), then the next day I had no sync. Contacted Exetel and they fixed the sync issue immediately, but I then found it had changed to an 8000 service.

Since then I have never really seen much more than 400KB/s.

Starting on Friday the 19th, the net has been terribly slow. I am seeing exactly what you guys are seeing. Anything from 300KB/s down, to 30KB/s down. Couldn't get on speedtest.net for a while there to even check.

I have reset modem, re-checked modem settings, etc.. Nothing has changed at my end, its simply just slowed down. It jumps around, but definately not a decent service.

Any word or a listing of what Exchanges are affected?

- aNt -

Post by - aNt - » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:13 am

James wrote:
AthlonXP wrote:Fact is, ATM the service is rubbish, but it is out of Exetel's control. Optus need to get their technicians to repair their equipment.
It's not a physical problem to repair, as previously stated I believe it is a congestion issue on certain Optus BRAS.
My mistake. How about "Optus need to get their technicians to conduct maintenance on their equipment"?

ymo

Post by ymo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:04 pm

My Wollongong service seems fine. Syncing at 13436k/821k I just got:

Test Results
----------------------------------
Test run on 20/10/2007 @ 09:58 PM

Mirror: Exetel
Data: 9 MB
Test Time: 8.35 secs

Your line speed is 9.05 Mbps (9048 kbps).
Your download speed is 1.1 MB/s (1131 KB/s).

tx3dude

Post by tx3dude » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:40 pm

ymo wrote:My Wollongong service seems fine. Syncing at 13436k/821k I just got:

Test Results
----------------------------------
Test run on 20/10/2007 @ 09:58 PM

Mirror: Exetel
Data: 9 MB
Test Time: 8.35 secs

Your line speed is 9.05 Mbps (9048 kbps).
Your download speed is 1.1 MB/s (1131 KB/s).
If we all had what youve got - this place would have a few less threads. I havent received an automated phone call today so i dont know whats going on. my speeds are still well below what my line is capable of... wait and see