Who do I talk to to get my exchange enabled for ADSL2+

Old, inactive threads
Phillo

Who do I talk to to get my exchange enabled for ADSL2+

Post by Phillo » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:27 pm

Hi there.....

This question may have been asked in the past, but I am trying to find out the proper procedure to request for my exchange to be upgraded for ADSL2 access.

I am in a considerable amount of pain because i actually have to pay telstra money directly for my phone line.

ANYWAY.... I want to know who i could petition/request/plead to get my exchange enabled.

By the way... my exchange is Lysterfield (LYFD) in Melbourne.

Thanks.
- Phil

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am

As Exetel are a reseller of the Optus phone/ADSL2+ bundle, there's not much they can do it in upgrading an exchange - they need to wait for Optus to do it, and to then offer wholesale access.

Phillo

Post by Phillo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:25 am

Thanks. I understand that Exetel is only the reseller and they are at the mercy of the telco's who provide the equipment.

BUT... surely there must be a department/person/ivr/unchecked email address i could contact at optus to request the upgrade??

I have no idea where to start.

Thanks again

- Phil

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:42 am

There is no way that one can request an exchange be upgraded, it is done based on user demographics, and the ability to provide backhaul cheaply to the exchange in question.

Phillo

Post by Phillo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for the response.

Your response was the type of answer I was expecting.... but I thought i would ask as there is no harm in trying.

Thanks again

- Phil