CRC Rx Fast 55410
CRC Tx Fast 3925
CRC Rx Interleaved 0
CRC Tx Interleaved 0
Path Mode Fast Path
DSL Statistics

Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Sometime my DSL Speed was 160/160 at night! I had this slow speed during august and september and i could not bear it any more! I thought I was penalize for the excess download. However the past two months I had not exceed my download limits, so I should get what I suppose to get now!
When I was first connected my DSL speed was 6xx/8xxxkbps then 4xx/3xxxkbps then 2xx/1xxxkbps then its droping to this unbelievable speed! Plz help

[`[*Test Results*]`]
[(----------------------------------
Test run on [*08/10/2007*] @ [*08:04 PM*]

Mirror: [*Exetel*]
Data: [*3 MB*]
Test Time: [*120.41 secs*]

Your line speed is [*203 kbps*] (0.2 Mbps).
Your download speed is [*25 KB/s*] (0.02 MB/s). )]

James D

Post by James D » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:30 am

Please email your details to dylanf@exetel.com.au so it can be looked into.

Toiletboy

Post by Toiletboy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:50 pm

I've sent the details to the email address mentioned but have not yet receive any imformation :roll:
Plz tell me anything even if you will only say it's still in progress! :shock:

DylanF
Exetel Staff

Post by DylanF » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Toiletboy wrote:I've sent the details to the email address mentioned but have not yet receive any imformation :roll:
Plz tell me anything even if you will only say it's still in progress! :shock:
Sorry I have not had a chance to get back to you yet. I have noted down all of the information I have received from customers regarding ADSL2+ slow speed issues and I have been taking this up with suppliers.

I have been watching this forum and I have received quite a number of emails about it. Some of you may not have received a reply and for that I apologise but once an update is known on this issue I will ensure it is posted up where all can see.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:04 pm

Obvious question: have you tried isolating your modem (i.e. unplug all other phone, fax, etc devices from the line and plug only your modem directly into the wall socket without a splitter). I only ask because your line attenuation is extremely high and I'm wondering if that is caused by anything in your house.

You say that you were originally syncing at 8xxx kbps. This implies that your line attenuation has gotten continually worse over time. Are your phone lines noisy at all, i.e. static in the background of phone conversations, etc?

Speed shaping penalties do not affect your sync speed. You should always sync at a high rate, but your bandwidth is then limited by Exetel if you are placed in the penalty pool. So that fact that your sync speeds have been decreasing / line attenuation increasing is a sign of degradation of your phone line.

You should wait until DylanF responds, but perhaps calling out a phone technician to examine your lines may be a good thing to try.

Toiletboy

Post by Toiletboy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:34 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:Obvious question: have you tried isolating your modem (i.e. unplug all other phone, fax, etc devices from the line and plug only your modem directly into the wall socket without a splitter). I only ask because your line attenuation is extremely high and I'm wondering if that is caused by anything in your house.

You say that you were originally syncing at 8xxx kbps. This implies that your line attenuation has gotten continually worse over time. Are your phone lines noisy at all, i.e. static in the background of phone conversations, etc?

Speed shaping penalties do not affect your sync speed. You should always sync at a high rate, but your bandwidth is then limited by Exetel if you are placed in the penalty pool. So that fact that your sync speeds have been decreasing / line attenuation increasing is a sign of degradation of your phone line.

You should wait until DylanF responds, but perhaps calling out a phone technician to examine your lines may be a good thing to try.
The phone was a bit noisy however it was fine for the first four months since I connected on March. I have not put any appliances in the room nor the house.
I will wait, much appreciated for responding.

Toiletboy

Post by Toiletboy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Any progress about my problem! I am desperate...

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Staff have gone home for the day, but should be able to reply first thing in the morning :)
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:40 pm

semaj wrote:Staff have gone home for the day, but should be able to reply first thing in the morning :)
Many staff members still monitor the forum after hours.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

Toiletboy

Post by Toiletboy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:33 pm

Modem Status
Connection Status Connected
Us Rate (Kbps) 128
Ds Rate (Kbps) 352
US Margin 6
DS Margin 6
Trained Modulation ADSL_G.dmt
LOS Errors 13
DS Line Attenuation 61
US Line Attenuation 31
Peak Cell Rate 301 cells per sec
CRC Rx Fast 5525
CRC Tx Fast 64
CRC Rx Interleaved 0
CRC Tx Interleaved 0
Path Mode Fast Path

DSL Statistics
Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

[`[*Test Results*]`]
[(----------------------------------
Test run on [*17/10/2007*] @ [*12:15 PM*]

Mirror: [*Exetel*]
Data: [*3 MB*]
Test Time: [*81.97 secs*]

Your line speed is [*299 kbps*] (0.3 Mbps).
Your download speed is [*37 KB/s*] (0.04 MB/s). )]

This is today's test result. I am very upset that I am paying as much as 60 bucks a month for this kind of speed. I already suffered for the previous two months so I want Exetel to give me a explanation on it. If I will not get the responce but still get charged for the "service', do you think its fair for me? Certainly then I will be asking refund but that is not what i want...

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:44 pm

I hope you've logged a fault, your sync rate has something seriously wrong with it. Theres absolutely no point running a speed test to complain about poor speeds when your downstream rate is 352.

This means you definitely wont be able to download more than about 30KB/s, until the sync rate issue is resolved.

Have you tried an isolation test, this involves removing all devices connected to your telephone line outlets (handsets, filters, etc). Leave only your ADSL modem connected, unfiltered.

Then restart your modem, and see if the sync rate improves. If it doesn't, then log a fault for low sync rate. You should be getting 1536 downstream at a minimum.

Regards,

CLoSeR

Toiletboy

Post by Toiletboy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:45 am

I use the phone line only for the ADSL2 service. I've tried the isolation test(for me, I only need to switch off the modem then restart it) many times as suggested by other Exetel staffs however no improvement was seen.

Below is some imformations about my distance from the exchange
Line of Sight: 1245 m
Estimated Cable: 1930 m
Estimated Attenuation: 27
Estimated Maximum Speed: 14666

My 'real' line attenuation is double the amount as shown above.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:06 am

The information provided on adsl2exchanges.com.au is only a guide. Your actual cable length sounds like its alot further based on your lines noise.

However, you should be syncing at atleast 1536 downstream.

Can you please email jamesd@exetel.com.au

You need to include the following information in the email.

-service number
-service type
-state the problem (very low sync rate)
-link to this thread

David_h
Exetel Staff

Post by David_h » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:25 pm

While you're at it I'd also suggest doing an isolation test and make sure all filters are removed at the same time.

A large amount of faults that come through this way have either faulty filters or something in their home causing the problem
-David