DCing from host on Wc3

Old, inactive threads
darthur

DCing from host on Wc3

Post by darthur » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:41 am

I'm having a problem staying connected to hosts on Wc3 TFT.This problem generally only occurs during Offpeak.

During a game It's as if my connection to the host just suddenly stops and I'm lagging out. After I lag out i exit the game and sit in the chat lobby for about 30 seconds before it all loads up and the latency is fine. Also, before I suddenly get cut off, I'm not lagging at all, latency is fine (from what youd expect in offpeak).

I'm not sure if this is just something that's meant to happen during offpeak or if there's a something i can configure to stop this, but I really do have no latency problems, my connection doesn't drop, it's just losing the connection to the host.

This problem also occurs when downloading a map on Wc3. I'd start downloading off whoever the uploader is, and my download would stop, and someone else would start downloading off the uploader i had.

So any help or insight is appreciated. It happens every single game during off peak from around 11:30pm - 4:00am. (It does free up later into the morning, 4am +)

David_h
Exetel Staff

Post by David_h » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:56 am

This could mean your connection to the modem has dropped off, are you using a home wireless network?

I'd suggest checking to see if others are using the network and to make sure no other programs are running to see if it's something your pc might be doing in the background
-David