Looking for advice: ADSL Service has been Rejected

Old, inactive threads
rvdavid

Looking for advice: ADSL Service has been Rejected

Post by rvdavid » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:30 am

Hi everyone.

I've just moved into a new house and applied to "move" my adsl service from my old to my new place of residence.

Unfortunately I have been rejected - the following details were provided

"Telstra Rejects Your Application For ADSL"
"Reason Telstra Cannot Connect ADSL To Your Line"
"Incompatible infrastructure - Pair Gain System or RIM"

I'm not well versed in this lingo, but I know this does not mean that I can get ADSL without any dramas (if at all) I'd like to use an ADSL connection and not very keen on using Wireless broadband.

I would like to ask for some advice as to what my next course of action would be.

What is the problem? and what actions would I need to take to get an ADSL connection?

Thank you in advance,

rvdavid

Jared Lee

Post by Jared Lee » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:57 am

You can try ADSL1.

You've recently applied for relocation and install ADSL2+, and that one is not available because your new line is connected to the exchange via RIM.

If you want to try to relocate to new place as ADSL1, send an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au with your phone number and we'll try resubmit your relocation request again as ADSL1. Please specify which ADSL1 plan as well.

There is no guarantee though because if there is no mini-mux port at the exchange, then it may fail.

rvdavid

Post by rvdavid » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:15 am

Thank you Jared,

I will send an email to provisioning now with details as per your reply.

Regards,

rvdavid

rvdavid

Update: Thank you

Post by rvdavid » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:08 am

Hello again,

Just thought I'd do an update to say that the course of action suggested by Jared Lee had worked for me.

I am happy with the turn of events and the relative "painlessness" of the whole thing.

Thanks again Jared.

Cheers.

ashlan

Great news

Post by ashlan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:59 pm

This is great news -- i have had the same problem while moving to a new address, and applied for ADSL2. Had the same reason for rejection. I have found a few forums that had said this meant ADSL1 was not an option either -- so you have given me hope!
Perth WA · ADSL1 8192/384 · Netgear DGN220v3
WWW: Ashlan Nathens · scribblegraph
GPlus: +Ashlan Nathens · +scribblegraph