Rejection of ADSL2+

Old, inactive threads
OBK

Rejection of ADSL2+

Post by OBK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:06 am

I applied for ADSL2+ and was rejected.

I've got an Optus home phone line and I'm on the Caulfield exchange which is Powertel and Optus ADSL2+ enabled, yet I was still rejected.

I thought Exetel also use Optus DSLAMS as well as Powertel??
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc-list.cfm? ... rovider=30

The reason for putting your application for rejection is: INACTIVE OR NON-TELSTRA SERVICE - INVALID SERVICE - SERVICE ********** NOT FOUND

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:14 am

Which ADSL2+ plan did you apply for? Phone or No Phone?

I think the problem may be because your using Optus for line rental, and sometimes these numbers will not port well.

The solution may be to change your line rental to Telstra, then apply.

CLoSeR
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

OBK

Post by OBK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am

I applied for the PTL C ($55 - 20GB/40GB) plan with no phone

I couldn't get ADSL2 with Telstra due to hardware issues with my phone line

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 am

The reason for this rejection is either your phone service is inactive or was recently activated at the time of submittion OR your phone service does not use Telstra equipment (and therefore is not on Telstra network at all).

It would be a better idea to assume the last, which is Optus are using their own equipment and not Telstra, which in your case we cannot connect the ADSL2 upto.

Please speak with Optus to ask if you can be placed on Telstra equipment or port your service to a provider which does.

OBK

Post by OBK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 am

JeremyP wrote:The reason for this rejection is either your phone service is inactive or was recently activated at the time of submittion OR your phone service does not use Telstra equipment (and therefore is not on Telstra network at all)..
does that mean if I apply for one of the phone+ADSL2+ plans it will be accepted?

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:46 am

OBK wrote: does that mean if I apply for one of the phone+ADSL2+ plans it will be accepted?
No, you need a Telstra provided service first to port it over (since we take over existing phone line)

OBK

Post by OBK » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:30 pm

JeremyP wrote:
OBK wrote: does that mean if I apply for one of the phone+ADSL2+ plans it will be accepted?
No, you need a Telstra provided service first to port it over (since we take over existing phone line)
so I need to be on telstra service, but then be ported over to a optus resold exetel service - even though i'm already with optus???

linarms

Post by linarms » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 pm

OBK wrote:so I need to be on telstra service, but then be ported over to a optus resold exetel service - even though i'm already with optus???
I've just had my ADSL2 request cancelled for this reason:
Exetel has received the Optus Rejection Advice Report for your application.

The reason for putting your application for rejection is: The order had to be cancelled as the capacity has been reached at the CRDF exchange.

Exetel Pty Ltd
Could this be because I'm already with Optus for my telephone service too?

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 pm

linarms wrote:I've just had my ADSL2 request cancelled for this reason:
Exetel has received the Optus Rejection Advice Report for your application.

The reason for putting your application for rejection is: The order had to be cancelled as the capacity has been reached at the CRDF exchange.

Exetel Pty Ltd
Could this be because I'm already with Optus for my telephone service too?
No the rejection was because there are no more ports available in the exchange - you'll need to wait unitl Optus adds more capacity.

linarms

Post by linarms » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Ok, and how will I know when that's happened?

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:20 pm

OBK wrote:so I need to be on telstra service, but then be ported over to a optus resold exetel service - even though i'm already with optus???
Because your on Optus equipment with Optus phone we cannot port it over.

You need to be on Telstra equipment preferrably Telstra equipment.

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:28 pm

linarms wrote:Ok, and how will I know when that's happened?
You could either email provisioning@exetel.com.au or call us maybe once every fortnight or month to see if any upgrade plans are due or any ports available.

funkz

Post by funkz » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:39 pm

I have exactly the same problem. Rejected because of 'SERVICE nnnn NOT FOUND'. OBK - were you able to rectify this issue?

I don't get this whole Optus -> Telstra -> Optus (but different) thing. Our home phone is through Optus. What do I tell Optus to do? Do I ring Tesltra and get our home phone through them? I'm in a shared house, the phone line was already there when I moved in so I am trying not to muck everyone around with changing phone providers 15 times.

And I thought Exetel made use of Optus DSLAMs? Or is Optus DSLAMs useless on Optus phone lines? Man this is a mess.

Yvonne

rejected on telstra

Post by Yvonne » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:08 pm

i got rejected too for adsl2+ not incl phone with powertel. My phone line is telstras:

Telstra Rejects Your Application For ADSL 2007-11-28
Reason Telstra Cannot Connect ADSL To Your Line B2B 7368

Theres not even a description of this code on the list so what does it mean!?

[edit] got a reply from exetel provisioning:
"This application was rejected because the maximum attainable download is way below the minimum allowed and so we have refused the connection"

:(

21st100

Post by 21st100 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:02 pm

How do you know if you have been rejected or accepted..
I applied for adsl2+ with phone and i just got 1 email saying that exetel has received my application etc...in the member tools it says that the application is PENDING and the cutover date is the 20th of December...
Was i supposed to get any emails notifying me that i got accepted the approx time of activation etc etc....