Not getting billed for SMSes

Old, inactive threads
zforum69

Not getting billed for SMSes

Post by zforum69 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi I know it might seem strange for a customer to highlight that they are not being charged ... but I'm not being charged.

Although I probably will not be using it again unless/until the limitations I encountered are fixed see this forum thread: http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=23668 I still have 328 SMSes that have not been billed, with the last one (and the majority of the 328 SMSes) being sent last Thursday. Yesterday I just got my mobile phone bill without the 328 SMSes being charged. I'm sure the billing cycle is not that slow that I would not see it in that bill.

Note that I no longer have an ADSL service with Exetel, so I am not going to get an ADSL bill at the end of this month for it to be charged against, so it seems I am never going to be billed for the SMSes.

Anyway if you need my service number to see what is going on, just PM me.

On a related note why is this service called SMS from ADSL, when it really has no connection to the ADSL service? I am obviously a prime example of that.

Z

zforum69

Post by zforum69 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:03 pm

James wrote:You will be billed on the 1st apparently.

It's called SMS from ADSL, as you are most likely using a DSL service to send those messages.
I guess the next question is how do I get those invoices? When I had ADSL I used to get a "view ADSL invoices" section in my user facilities which I assume is where the SMS charges will be. I no longer have that so does that mean I will simple see another invoice in my voice invoice for the first of the month?

Z

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:31 pm

It will be in your voice invoices.

zforum69

Post by zforum69 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:47 pm

James wrote:It will be in your voice invoices.
Just got my mid month invoice and no 328 SMS charges. Also I did not get a special invoice just after the new month, and looking at the SMS section in User facilities it says all my SMS have been billed i.e. Total Unbilled SMS: 0

I'm happy for Exetel to write it off, but I don't expect it to as it is entitled to charge me. But Exetel does need to re-examine its billing system as it is definitely not billing me when it should have.

Z

dogwomble

Post by dogwomble » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:10 pm

It sounds like there's a bit of confusion somewhere. I am assuming those were sent in the month of November.

If you sent those through your Exetel mobile, I eblieve the billing period is based around the middle of the month - so if you don't see them on your bill, that's definitely something that needs investigation by an Exetel staff member.

If they were sent as part of your ADSL service (ie. using exeSMS or thorugh the user facilities), they will be based around the ADSL billing cycle and will appear on your next ADSL invoice, due on the 1st December.

Hopefully this clarifies things.

zforum69

Post by zforum69 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:08 am

dogwomble wrote:It sounds like there's a bit of confusion somewhere. I am assuming those were sent in the month of November.
No confusion on my part. Reread from the beginning of this thread with particular note on the dates of the postings.

Z

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:20 pm

zforum69 wrote:
James wrote:You will be billed on the 1st apparently.

It's called SMS from ADSL, as you are most likely using a DSL service to send those messages.
I guess the next question is how do I get those invoices? When I had ADSL I used to get a "view ADSL invoices" section in my user facilities which I assume is where the SMS charges will be. I no longer have that so does that mean I will simple see another invoice in my voice invoice for the first of the month?

Z
I've asked a sysadmin to respond to you.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:25 pm

zforum69 wrote:
James wrote:It will be in your voice invoices.
Just got my mid month invoice and no 328 SMS charges. Also I did not get a special invoice just after the new month, and looking at the SMS section in User facilities it says all my SMS have been billed i.e. Total Unbilled SMS: 0

I'm happy for Exetel to write it off, but I don't expect it to as it is entitled to charge me. But Exetel does need to re-examine its billing system as it is definitely not billing me when it should have.

Z
SMS is billed on the first of each month.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:51 am

zforum69 wrote:
dogwomble wrote:It sounds like there's a bit of confusion somewhere. I am assuming those were sent in the month of November.
No confusion on my part. Reread from the beginning of this thread with particular note on the dates of the postings.

Z
Send me a message with your ADSL number and I'll get it checked.