Upgrade from ADSL1 to ADSL2 while relocating

Old, inactive threads
shute

Upgrade from ADSL1 to ADSL2 while relocating

Post by shute » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:44 am

Hi,

I'm a ADSL 1 plan user. I'm moving my house and want to change my existing ADSL 1 plan to a ADSL 2 plan with home phone.

How can I do all these? will I be charge relocation fee + plan changing fee?

My ADSL 1 plan 6 month contract has expired.

Thank you.
Last edited by shute on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

dogwomble

Post by dogwomble » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:12 am

I was in the same situation a few months back. When I did this, there was an option in the members section (under 'Moving My Service' - part of the ADSL section) to Move ADSL1 to ADSL2, which was designed with this in mind.

I don't currently have that option - but maybe it's because I've already migrated to ADSL2.

Check to see whether that option is still available.

shute

Post by shute » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:09 pm

Many thanks dogwomble:)

shute

Post by shute » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Well, the 'Move ADSL1 to ADSL2' opption seems having been removed.

In my situation,

1) should I cancel the existing ADSL1 plan, and apply a ADSL 2 from my new address?

and, there're something to confirm

2) is the local phone price is 0.18 cent (I doubt it's 18 cent)

3) for a plan, say, OPT C, does its price like this:

totle $60,
including $30 for phone line rental, and $30 for ADSL

Thank you very much.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:13 pm

You need to select the option to Move ADSL To New Address option, then select one of the ADSL2+ plans of your choice.

OPT C is $60 per month, $30 for ADSL2+ and $30 for line rental.

Yes, local calls are $0.18 untimed.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

shute

Post by shute » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:52 pm

Thank you CLoSeR.

If I understand correctly, acctually Exetel will canel my existing ADSL 1 plan and set a ADSL 2 + phone for me at my new address.

there is no fee happening because
1) my existing ADSL 1 plan 6 month contract has expired, and
2) their is no Line Activation Charge for ADSL2 + phone.

and a new 12 month contract starts.

Am I right?

One last question is, if I change to another ADSL2 plan, say, from OPT C to OPT D withing the first 12 month, is there any charge?

Thank you.

Cocka

Post by Cocka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:10 pm

shute wrote:Thank you CLoSeR.

If I understand correctly, acctually Exetel will canel my existing ADSL 1 plan and set a ADSL 2 + phone for me at my new address.

there is no fee happening because
1) my existing ADSL 1 plan 6 month contract has expired, and
2) their is no Line Activation Charge for ADSL2 + phone.

and a new 12 month contract starts.

Am I right?

One last question is, if I change to another ADSL2 plan, say, from OPT C to OPT D withing the first 12 month, is there any charge?

Thank you.
You are up for a Tel$tra charge, $100 I think it is, for disconnecting the existing ADSL service, also you have to have an existing phone connection up and running at the new premises (at your cost) for them to take it over and I think if you change plans it is only dearer if it involves a speed change.
I once thought I made a mistake but I was wrong ?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:01 pm

Cocka wrote:You are up for a Tel$tra charge, $100 I think it is, for disconnecting the existing ADSL service
Not quite right Cocka :D

As shute says his ADSL1 contract has expired, there is no charge to cancel his ADSL1 service. To get best use of the pre-paid month it would be best to cancel near the end of the month (if possible).

There is no charge for changing ADSL2 plans (I obviously don't know whether this will always be the case).

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

shute

Post by shute » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:30 am

Thanks Gidget and Cocka.
You are up for a Tel$tra charge
in another post sb mentioned that when disconnecting my Telstra fixed phone, I do not deal with Telstra. Exetel will do that. (http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=23695)

is that right? and how much for disconnecting?
you have to have an existing phone connection up and running at the new premises
so what should I do to make sure this?
for I would not move into my new address until next month, and although I know there is a phone plug there, I can't check it now.

In my case, would it better for me to do like this:

1) upgrade from ADSL1 to ADSL 2 at my present address

2) change my location next month

I'm confused, sorry.
To get best use of the pre-paid month it would be best to cancel near the end of the month
what is the 'pre-paid month'? how does it work? :shock:

many thanks!

Thomas G
Exetel Staff

Post by Thomas G » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:30 am

shute wrote:
is that right? and how much for disconnecting?
We will deal with them indirectly, meaning we recommend you contact them after the service has transferred to make sure they no longer bill you. You will need to speak with Telstra about what they may or may not charge you.

so what should I do to make sure this?
for I would not move into my new address until next month, and although I know there is a phone plug there, I can't check it now.
You will need to have an active telephone line installed under your name before you can apply for any of our ADSL services.

Once you have a telephone line connected, if our service is available there it would be easiest to apply for a "relocation" to our ADSL2+ (inc. line rental) service at the new location.

what is the 'pre-paid month'? how does it work? :shock:

many thanks!
Basically payment is taken in advance for the entire month, on the 1st day of the month.

shute

Post by shute » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:28 pm

Thomas G wrote:
You will need to have an active telephone line installed under your name before you can apply for any of our ADSL services.

Once you have a telephone line connected, if our service is available there it would be easiest to apply for a "relocation" to our ADSL2+ (inc. line rental) service at the new location.
the point is, I'm applying an ADSL2+phone plan in my future new address.

do I still have to have 'an active telephone line under my name?
Basically payment is taken in advance for the entire month, on the 1st day of the month.
if I apply to chang plan on 1st Nov, and move to my new address on 10th Nov, what will happen to the service?

Thomas G
Exetel Staff

Post by Thomas G » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:23 pm

the point is, I'm applying an ADSL2+phone plan in my future new address.

do I still have to have 'an active telephone line under my name?
You will need to have a telephone at the new residence as we are unable to install or connect lines.
if I apply to chang plan on 1st Nov, and move to my new address on 10th Nov, what will happen to the service?
It will be relocated if it is possible to do so. Differences in costs between the plans should be credited/deducted on the 1st of the following month of the new service. If this does not occur a simply email billing@exetel.com.au.[/quote]

shute

Post by shute » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:50 pm

many thanks.

It seems I will have to follow the next 4 steps, could anyone have a final check for me?

step 1: make sure the phone in my new address will be suitable for an Exetel ADSL2+phone plan

step 2: upgrade my ADSL 1 to ADSL 2+phone in my present address. exetel will disconnect my present Telstra fixed phone, and I will contact Telstra for double check later.

step 3: move my home

step 4: relocate my ADSL 2+phone to my new address.

shute

shute

Post by shute » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Thomas G wrote:
You will need to have a telephone at the new residence as we are unable to install or connect lines.
If there is a phone working now in the new residence now, is that good enough, or do I need to check any other thing?

Thomas G
Exetel Staff

Post by Thomas G » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:29 pm

The phone line will need to be in your name and you will also need the account number.