Optus Adsl 2 auth outage (NSW)

Old, inactive threads
Martin V
Exetel Staff

Optus Adsl 2 auth outage (NSW)

Post by Martin V » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Customers in NSW may be experiencing Auth issues which would of started sometime last night. The issue is currently been investigated by Optus engineers and currently there is no ETR.

The next update will be in one hour.
Martin
eXeTeL Support

James D

Post by James D » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:40 pm

Update, the tunnels will be reset in a few moments,

If you are unable to re-connect please turn off your modem for 15 minutes and try to reconnect again.

I will supply an update as to when this is completed.

James D

Post by James D » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:04 pm

The issue has been corrected.

rodtod

Post by rodtod » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:11 pm

I had the same problem over the last weekend.
It is not my NB9W modem (I don't beleive). Nothing I would do over the weekend, including reloading saved parameters form a few months back helped. It came back by itself this morning, and been okay since.

Having no internet service over the weekend with two business people, and three [high school (incl HSC) and university] really puts a strain on things.

I have now had three multi-day incidences with no internet service since getting onto the exetel/optus adsl2 service in 2 months.
What is wrong?

rodtod

correzpond

Post by correzpond » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:15 am

Same experience. Out all day Sunday 28 October for approximately 24 hours then back on Monday morning without explanation. In between reset Netcomm NB1 Modem at my end, reset login etc. but no difference until Monday morning when the service appeared to resume spontaneously. What makes it more frustrating is no reference to an outage on the Exetel status page. Per the previous correspondent this is the second occasion within the past several weeks.

Martin V
Exetel Staff

Post by Martin V » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:01 am

This outage was caused over a week ago not for the 28th of oct.
Martin
eXeTeL Support

Martin V
Exetel Staff

Post by Martin V » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:54 pm

Then please log a fault through the IVR as mentioned before this outage notice has nothing to do with the connections that dropped off on the weekend.
Martin
eXeTeL Support