Payment Via American Express

Old, inactive threads

Would You Prefer To Pay By AMEX If Exetel Gave This Option?

Yes - I currently use Visa/Mastercard
22%
Yes- I currently use direct debit
15%
Yes - I'm currently not an Exetel customer
1%
No - I don't have an AMEX card
55%
No - I have an AMEX card but wouldn't use it
8%

Total votes: 446

fittler6

amex

Post by fittler6 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:01 am

we have as many as possible of our business expenses on amex, so all expenses are on one statement. Much easier to administer. Availability of payment by amex would be greatly appreciated

Fredco

american express

Post by Fredco » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:29 pm

yes I would prefer AMEx if there are no HUGE fees to pay

wadeberry

payment by American Express

Post by wadeberry » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:34 pm

As indicated by another user, I would need info about any loading for AMEX payments or any other conditions before I fully endorse this new method.

chingy213

Post by chingy213 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:19 am

I would pay via Credit card if they removed that silly charge of 2 dollars.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:27 am

chingy213 wrote:I would pay via Credit card if they removed that silly charge of 2 dollars.
It isn't free to process credit card payments, besides $1.10 is quite reasonable.

chingy213

Post by chingy213 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:09 pm

James wrote:
chingy213 wrote:I would pay via Credit card if they removed that silly charge of 2 dollars.
It isn't free to process credit card payments, besides $1.10 is quite reasonable.
Again, 1.10 i refuse to pay.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:35 pm

chingy213 wrote:
James wrote:
Fine by Exetel, it's a user pays system.

ronald

Post by ronald » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:46 pm

chingy213 wrote:
James wrote:
I can't help myself but find the whole discussion really silly.

Here we've got a thread with 122 (now 123) replies, about 90 of which are from people who state that they do want something that does cost money, but don't want to pay for it.

I wonder, do those guys also go to the newsagent and ask for a paper, then refuse to pay and rather expect to get it for free?
Or use public transport and refuse to pay because after all they pay taxes already? Or post a letter but refuse to pay for the stamp?

Or is it just because most of these posters seem to post without reading any of the preceding discussion where it has been pointed out multiple times that AMEX does charge the merchant for every payment and if the user does not pay then somebody else has to?
Or do they just not care and somehow assume that just because AMEX charges them a fee for their own card they can just as well charge everyone else for the payments they make with it, and people better pay up?
(If that's the case, why do they still pay for their newspaper?)

Or do they live in fantasy-land, where it is possible for a merchant to just "absorb" cost that's inequitably caused by some customers, without it having an impact on their bottom line and thus in the end the services they are able to provide for a certain stated price?

Or is it something else? For some reason with all those numerous posts stating that people want something but not pay for it, there was not a single one stating how this would be economically feasible and why everyone else should just buckle up for it, i.e. how this makes sense.

Could someone please explain - I just don't get it. Inquiring minds want to know.

But in case Exetel might some day consider offering Vanilla ice, please assume my answer to be "I want it, if I don't have to pay for it".

Cheers,

Ronald

triple5adam

Post by triple5adam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 am

So what was the outcome here? Can we use amex or not..

trev

Post by trev » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:16 pm

Any update?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 am

I believe it is still being investigated.

msilsby

Yes

Post by msilsby » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:05 pm

I don't pay an annual fee, but love my Qantas frequent flyer points.

A word of advice for anyone out there who is good with paying their monthly bills on time - try it even if you aren't!

Ring up your credit card company before/after your yearly fee has been charged. Advise them you no longer wish for the card as you don't feel you are getting value for it. This particularly works well for AMEX as many business still charge extra for it, even though AMEX now charge the same as MasterCard and Visa. Explain that you like having the card, but are no longer prepared to pay a premium just to pay a premium. Expect to have your annual fee refunded. I haven't paid the annual fee for about 3 years now.

As for Exetel being able to use the AMEX, bring it.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 am

The poll results, if they held true across the Exetel user base, clearly show there is no overall advantage in Exetel offering payment by American Express at this time.

We have made our case, as best we can, to AMEX on what we would need (on behalf of our customers) to make the AMEX payment option available.

It's unlikely we will get anything that we've asked for so we'll leave it in abeyance pending any 'movement' by AMEX on the key requests.

Thank you for your input.

NotHappy

Post by NotHappy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm

The only method for me to have the company i work for foot the bill for my internet is to pay by Amex. As thats not available I'll be having to find a new ISP.

I have been a long time, loyal, people referring customer...to this point.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:56 pm

NotHappy wrote:The only method for me to have the company i work for foot the bill for my internet is to pay by Amex. As thats not available I'll be having to find a new ISP.

I have been a long time, loyal, people referring customer...to this point.
I am sorry, however it is not possible to offer this.