SMS details not correct between FREE and then charged

Old, inactive threads
royale

SMS details not correct between FREE and then charged

Post by royale » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:06 pm

I am writing this only in the interests of professionalism on the part of Exetel. When you have sent 20 SMS's they are obviously free, but once you have then sent your 21st it still actually shows up as free. It is only until you have sent the 22nd one that it comes up as showing that you will be charged $0.05. This was also the case last month, although, when we are billed (as least I was) we are billed for the correct SMS usage.

Could the SMS Department have a look into this, if need be I will take a screenshot of what I am talking about to further clarify. ie: This month (as of now) I have just sent my 24th message, yet only 3 are showing up with $0.05 being charged.

Royale

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:21 pm

I've asked for it to be fixed.

NetworkAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by NetworkAdmin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 pm

It looks like a billing/accounting problem. I will ask the database administrator to look into it.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Re: SMS details not correct between FREE and then charged

Post by raymond » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:38 pm

royale wrote:I am writing this only in the interests of professionalism on the part of Exetel. When you have sent 20 SMS's they are obviously free, but once you have then sent your 21st it still actually shows up as free. It is only until you have sent the 22nd one that it comes up as showing that you will be charged $0.05. This was also the case last month, although, when we are billed (as least I was) we are billed for the correct SMS usage.

Could the SMS Department have a look into this, if need be I will take a screenshot of what I am talking about to further clarify. ie: This month (as of now) I have just sent my 24th message, yet only 3 are showing up with $0.05 being charged.

Royale
The display error has been fixed. You may view the report again.

royale

Re: SMS details not correct between FREE and then charged

Post by royale » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:29 pm

raymond wrote:
royale wrote:I am writing this only in the interests of professionalism on the part of Exetel. When you have sent 20 SMS's they are obviously free, but once you have then sent your 21st it still actually shows up as free. It is only until you have sent the 22nd one that it comes up as showing that you will be charged $0.05. This was also the case last month, although, when we are billed (as least I was) we are billed for the correct SMS usage.

Royale
The display error has been fixed. You may view the report again.
Good work Gents...

royale

Post by royale » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Back on the SMS thing again, this month there seems to be a slightly different rather small issue.

Again with the 20 free SMS's (I have now as of December sent 2). The first come up showing that I would be charged $0.05, yet the free "counter" did decrease accordingly. I then sent the 2nd SMS, this time around, it made the 1st one appear as $0.00 but now the 2nd has $0.05 on it. I am assuming that once I send a 3rd, it will then make the 2nd appear as $0.00. Again, the "$ counter" has decreased accordingly but there must be a small glitch in the calculation system somewhere along the line.

royale

Post by royale » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:09 pm

royale wrote:I am assuming that once I send a 3rd, it will then make the 2nd appear as $0.00
As suggested, this is what is happening with subsequent messages, the most recent one sent shows a charge of $0.05 with the one prior then coming up as $0.00.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:36 pm

royale wrote:Back on the SMS thing again, this month there seems to be a slightly different rather small issue.

Again with the 20 free SMS's (I have now as of December sent 2). The first come up showing that I would be charged $0.05, yet the free "counter" did decrease accordingly. I then sent the 2nd SMS, this time around, it made the 1st one appear as $0.00 but now the 2nd has $0.05 on it. I am assuming that once I send a 3rd, it will then make the 2nd appear as $0.00. Again, the "$ counter" has decreased accordingly but there must be a small glitch in the calculation system somewhere along the line.
This is the display error. I will have it fixed tomorrow.

William M

Post by William M » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:42 am

That problem has been addressed.