Exetel Announces "Naked" ADSL2+ Plans

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin

Exetel Announces "Naked" ADSL2+ Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:45 am

By the end of today Exetel will have activated the ability for new customers to apply for the new "Naked" ADSL2+ plans.

These plans (prefixed NonPhoneA - E) allow a customer to use an ADSL service without having to rent a voice telephone line. There are five plans that start at $50 a month for 56 gb of included downloads through to $105.00 a month for 96 gb of included downloads. A prospective customer must have an operating telephone line connected to a Telstra exchange to be able to apply for this service and once the service is connected the customer will no longer be able to make calls using that telephone line and the telephone number will no longer belong to them – and, of course, they will no longer be billed for telephone line rental.

All the “Naked” ADSL2 plans include 100 free local and national calls over an Exetel supplied VoIP service (which includes a Direct Indial Number to replace the standard telephone number) or the customer can elect to use any other VOIP provider to make and receive telephone calls. To take advantage of the free local and national calls the customer must have a VoIP capable modem, router or dedicated VoIP connectivity device to connect their current hand set to the ADSL2 service.

The “naked’ ADSL2+ service is available from a limited number of exchanges but should be available to well over 50% of current ADSL, ADSL2, Cable and Wireless Broadband users.

At an entry price of $50.00 a month (with 56 gb of included download data – uploads aren’t charged) and with no requirement to pay for telephone line rental (typically between $20.00 and $30.00 a month) Exetel believes this new offering delivers the lowest price availability for ADSL with usable amounts of data downloads available in Australia today. If a user is able to take advantage of the free VoIP local and national calls (and the very low cost international calls and calls to mobiles) this service also provides the lowest telephone call costs available anywhere in Australia.

Each ‘naked’ ADSL2+ service also includes the Standard Exetel broadband plan inclusions of 20 email addresses, 200 mb of web space and 20 free SMS (with only a 5 cent charge for additional SMS).

The plans will be available today for new applicants and for current users early next week.

oldman

Re: Exetel Announces "Naked" ADSL2+ Plans

Post by oldman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:33 am

ForumAdmin wrote:By the end of today Exetel will have activated the ability for new customers to apply for the new "Naked" ADSL2+ plans.
Great news. :)
All the “Naked” ADSL2 plans include 100 free local and national calls over an Exetel supplied VoIP service...
I assume the 100 free calls is a per month offering? If so, is that a calendar month?
The plans will be available today for new applicants and for current users early next week.
No further news on whether a current Inc.Phone user can move across w/o penalty?

ForumAdmin

Re: Exetel Announces "Naked" ADSL2+ Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:59 am

oldman wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
All the “Naked” ADSL2 plans include 100 free local and national calls over an Exetel supplied VoIP service...
1) I assume the 100 free calls is a per month offering? If so, is that a calendar month?
2) No further news on whether a current Inc.Phone user can move across w/o penalty?
1) Per calendar month.

2) Not yet.

dsc68

Post by dsc68 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:20 am

Do the new plans include an off peak allowance?

oldman

Post by oldman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:29 am

dsc68 wrote:Do the new plans include an off peak allowance?
http://exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_naked.php

thermalben

Post by thermalben » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:41 am

Even though there is no regular phone service for Naked ADSL2+ plans, is there still a dial tone on the line? If not, how do you trouble shoot line faults?

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:23 pm

How and when will we be able to check which exchanges are available for Naked ADSL?

MarsBarland

Post by MarsBarland » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 pm

i only had a new account connected 7 days ago, which involved connecting a telstra phoneline. wish i had of waited.

is there a free changeover offer for new connections done within the last 14days or so to the other ADSL2+ plans?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:29 pm

MarsBarland wrote:i only had a new account connected 7 days ago, which involved connecting a telstra phoneline. wish i had of waited.

is there a free changeover offer for new connections done within the last 14days or so to the other ADSL2+ plans?
This information will be available next week.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:33 pm

Edwin wrote:How and when will we be able to check which exchanges are available for Naked ADSL?
On the order form.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:34 pm

thermalben wrote:Even though there is no regular phone service for Naked ADSL2+ plans, is there still a dial tone on the line? If not, how do you trouble shoot line faults?
A dial tone is not necessary to check data service on a line.

roby

Post by roby » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:37 pm

will this be available in the Hawthorn exchange in melbourne victoria

roby

Post by roby » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:42 pm

also I live where I work in a school and have adsl 1 using the schools fax line if I want to have naked adsl will I have to put in my own phone line with telstra then swap my adsl 1 to the new line and then order naked adsl 2? this sounds to hard and costly.

hope you can help

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 pm

roby wrote:also I live where I work in a school and have adsl 1 using the schools fax line if I want to have naked adsl will I have to put in my own phone line with telstra then swap my adsl 1 to the new line and then order naked adsl 2? this sounds to hard and costly.

hope you can help
Get ADSL2+ no telephone then.

HilaryC

Post by HilaryC » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:45 pm

If you go from ADSL2+ (with phone) to 'naked' adsl with VoIP, do you get assigned a standard 10 digit phone number & can you hook a fax machine to this line?

Thanks.