Exetel Announces "Naked" ADSL2+ Plans

Old, inactive threads
Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:40 pm

drnick_ wrote:ok, i freely admit to being a bit clueless when it comes to ADSL and phone lines, so apologies if this is a dumb question

my brother is currently an Exetel unwired user, and will more than likely switch to one of these Naked ADSL2 plans.

his residence has all the wiring for a phone line, but it is not activated by any provider of any kind. Basically he has a line there from the previous tennant, but has no use for a landline himself, so never activated it - there is no number associated to his line.

Would he just need to pay the standard $88 connection fee, get an ADSL2 modem, and away he goes?

Cheers,
Nick
He'll need to get the line activated via Telstra, and use the phone number issued to him in the application. Once Naked ADSL is provisioned, he'll lose dial tone and the ability to use the line for normal phone calls.

MarkWepps

Post by MarkWepps » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:42 pm

How come iiNet can sign up users without a phone number on Naked ADSL2 but Exetel cant

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Sorry if I have missed it but I see that this plan includes 100 local or national VOIP calls.

So does that mean the VOIP plan is included?

Which plan? (Not sure if there is much difference in plans currently)

Any monthly charge or minimum?

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:18 pm

GaryG wrote:Sorry if I have missed it but I see that this plan includes 100 local or national VOIP calls.

The calls are made using VOIP, and it comes with a DID. There is no charge for the voip account, its included in the plan.

You will have to pay for calls after the first 100 local/national calls, and for any international calls.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

Suspect

ADSL2+ via Optus Exchange Kangaroo Flat

Post by Suspect » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:24 pm

G'day,

I'm currently on the ADSL2+ service via an Optus DSLAM port (with Exetel), and already make use of the Exetel VOIP service. The Optus DSLAM is sitting in the Telstra Exchange, but i'd just like to make sure that the naked plan applies to my situation?

CLoSeR

Re: ADSL2+ via Optus Exchange Kangaroo Flat

Post by CLoSeR » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:29 pm

Suspect wrote:G'day,

I'm currently on the ADSL2+ service via an Optus DSLAM port (with Exetel), and already make use of the Exetel VOIP service. The Optus DSLAM is sitting in the Telstra Exchange, but i'd just like to make sure that the naked plan applies to my situation?

Couldn't say at this stage, depends which carrier Exetel uses for the ADSL2+ Naked Plans.

What do you mean by applies to your situation? Do you mean can you apply for the naked services?
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

Ford Zephyr

Naked ADSL

Post by Ford Zephyr » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:33 pm

Does this work on standard ADSL and does the capability of my local exchange have anything to do with whether I can use the service?

Will the naked ADSL handle an alarm system hooked up to the same line?

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:54 pm

If I change over from Exetel ADSL1 to Naked ADSL2 how long will I be without internet access?

Will I be able to keep my current IP address?

fester

Post by fester » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:12 pm

isn't the termination fee (even if moving to another address) a bit harsh compared to exetels adsl1/adsl2 contracts?
****All Naked ADSL2 plans have an initial contract period of 12 months. If an ADSL2 service is canceled (including moving to another address) before the end of 12 months there is a termination fee equal to the number of unused months multiplied by $40.00 per unused month.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:26 pm

fester wrote:isn't the termination fee (even if moving to another address) a bit harsh compared to exetels adsl1/adsl2 contracts?
****All Naked ADSL2 plans have an initial contract period of 12 months. If an ADSL2 service is canceled (including moving to another address) before the end of 12 months there is a termination fee equal to the number of unused months multiplied by $40.00 per unused month.
It's less than what Exetel is charged.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:27 pm

MarkWepps wrote:How come iiNet can sign up users without a phone number on Naked ADSL2 but Exetel cant
iiNet have skills/knowledge that Exetel doesn't.

But then they also charge absurdly high prices.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:28 pm

GaryG wrote:Sorry if I have missed it but I see that this plan includes 100 local or national VOIP calls.

The standard VoIP rates apply and will be published on the web page tomorrow.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: Naked ADSL

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:30 pm

Ford Zephyr wrote:
1) Does this work on standard ADSL and does the capability of my local exchange have anything to do with whether I can use the service?

2) Will the naked ADSL handle an alarm system hooked up to the same line?
1) It isn't "standard" ADSL - its ADSL2+ and the exchanges it works on can be found by keying your number in to the first section of the application form.

2) No - it won't handle an alarm system.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: ADSL2+ via Optus Exchange Kangaroo Flat

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:31 pm

Suspect wrote:G'day,

Yes it does.

peter010203

Post by peter010203 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:45 pm

I'm wanting Naked ADSL2+ however i won't be using my exisiting phone line as i'll leave that for standard telephone calls,not interested in voip.So if i was to get another phone line installed simply for Naked ADSL2+,does Exetel actually install this line or Telstra?

Now if there's no line rental here,does that mean Exetel pay the instalation fee and i simply pay the monthly internet bill?

Basically have 2 phone lines

1-the standard line used for telephone calls in and out
2-The Naked ADSL2+ line