Exetel Announces "Naked" ADSL2+ Plans

Old, inactive threads
dragon

Re: Calling-In Costs

Post by dragon » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:12 am

CLoSeR wrote:
critterbuilt wrote:I live 800km from Sydney if my voip is routed through there will people calling me from a standard phone be charged STD rates. E.g. Would my mate in the same town only be billed a local call charge when he calls me or would he pay STD rates :?:
If you select the Sydney DID then I imagine he would be charged STD rates.

Exetel plans to provide DID's for most capital cities, and major regional areas (Newcastle).

Will wollongong have their own DID?
i know that sometimes friends call in for hours at a time and i don't think they'd like to call in at STD charges

ForumAdmin

Re: Calling-In Costs

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:20 am

dragon wrote:
CLoSeR wrote:
critterbuilt wrote:I live 800km from Sydney if my voip is routed through there will people calling me from a standard phone be charged STD rates. E.g. Would my mate in the same town only be billed a local call charge when he calls me or would he pay STD rates :?:
If you select the Sydney DID then I imagine he would be charged STD rates.

Exetel plans to provide DID's for most capital cities, and major regional areas (Newcastle).

Will wollongong have their own DID?
i know that sometimes friends call in for hours at a time and i don't think they'd like to call in at STD charges
I don't know.

The additional DID locations will be put on the web site and the order forms in the near future.

antonio

Re: cancellation charges and porting exisiting phone numbers

Post by antonio » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:41 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
dm9876 wrote:[

>****All Naked ADSL2 plans have an initial contract period of 12 months. If an ADSL2 service is cancelled (including moving to another address) before the end of 12 months there is a termination fee equal to the number of unused months multiplied by $40.00 per unused month.

yet in the "other charges" section is this

>Canceling the service during the selected initial contract period incurs a cancellation charge of $100.00.

So which is it? I really hope to take advantage of the savings with Naked + VOIP but I may need to move house in about 4 / 5 months.

r
Please wait until you've moved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am currently using engin voip on an exetel adsl 1 512/128plan. I rate the quality 75%. I tried exetel voip for several months-but the quality was not acceptable, however I would like to revisit it on the faster an ADSL2 speed.

I am in a similar situation as I have my house for sale.
I would like to know what the cancellation charges are ?
The balance of the contract or $100 cancellation charge?

:?:

ForumAdmin

Re: cancellation charges and porting exisiting phone numbers

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:44 am

antonio wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
dm9876 wrote:[

>****All Naked ADSL2 plans have an initial contract period of 12 months. If an ADSL2 service is cancelled (including moving to another address) before the end of 12 months there is a termination fee equal to the number of unused months multiplied by $40.00 per unused month.

yet in the "other charges" section is this

>Canceling the service during the selected initial contract period incurs a cancellation charge of $100.00.

So which is it? I really hope to take advantage of the savings with Naked + VOIP but I may need to move house in about 4 / 5 months.

r
Please wait until you've moved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am currently using engin voip on an exetel adsl 1 512/128plan. I rate the quality 75%. I tried exetel voip for several months-but the quality was not acceptable, however I would like to revisit it on the faster an ADSL2 speed.

I am in a similar situation as I have my house for sale.
I would like to know what the cancellation charges are ?
The balance of the contract or $100 cancellation charge?
:?:
The early termination charge on an 'old' ADSL2 plan is $100.00.

If your VoIP quality with Exetel was unacceptable and only 75% on Engin the issue will almost certainly be with some part of your set up.

I use VoIP at home and all Exetel office connections are VoIP with no problems.

antonio

Post by antonio » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:12 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.
The $100 cancellation charge is not unreasonable.

I should probably have said my system quality is good 75% of the time.
The quality is down 25% of the time, I believe because the 128 upload suffers when the bandwidth is shared, with the computer or at peak use periods.

Voice gets choppy, and time lag is longer.
The extra speed should fix this.

jonzei

Post by jonzei » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:23 pm

I am trying to determine if my Exchange (BKLN, VIC) offers "naked" ADSL2 plans. The link on the order form, i.e.

http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/naked_adsl2.pl

Displays the following:

ADSL2 Number: 039314nnnn
Exchange Code: BKLN
Exchange Availability: NO
Exchange Capacity Reached: NO
Telephone Service Availability: Not available now
ADSL2 Service Availability: Not available now
Theoretically Estimated Low Speed:
Theoretically Estimated High Speed:

What do you make of that? I read it as No, but knowing from the time I joined up, it is not necessarily true, it may well mean that since I'm with Exetel it says I can't have it (that was the previous story when I moved from aaNet).

Is there another link?

Cheers
Jon

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi,

I've also checked our suppliers latest list in regards to the exchange mentioned and currently it is not available. That exchange is also not mentioned in any new site plans, so for this year at the least, it's a no.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:30 pm

paulp wrote:Hi,

I've also checked our suppliers latest list in regards to the exchange mentioned and currently it is not available. That exchange is also not mentioned in any new site plans, so for this year at the least, it's a no.
Well at least for Jon's sake, not much of that left. :D

tohagan

NOPHONE order form has wrong modems and uneeded filters

Post by tohagan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 pm

I noticed that the order form for NOPHONE/Naked DSL does not include the NB9/NB9W modems that are needed to support the VoIP service offered with this bundle. (Hopefully Optus has now patched their DSLAMS to support this product). The modems offered don't support the VoIP service your selling. Also I think most customers using Naked DSL won't need a line filter since they won't have a PSTN phone hence they should not be offered the useless line filter product on this service order form.

Finally, I think your existing NB9/NB9W VoIP setup page needs to be renamed to be for phone line accounts and new revised version created for NOPHONE/Naked DSL accounts. It's particularly important to get the emergency phone number connection correct but there are also other settings I'd like to be sure about for this service.
See http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_pdf/NB9_NB9W.pdf
Last edited by tohagan on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dm9876

Post by dm9876 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 pm

>>The early termination charge on an 'old' ADSL2 plan is $100.00.

This is still not clearly stating what is the early termination charge on these "new" naked ADSL2+ plans.

amathers

Voip service

Post by amathers » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:20 pm

I've been using a VOIP service for about a year and I'm generally not happy with the quality of the calls to the point where I'm regreting going to VOIP.

I have a few of questions.
Is it possible to "try out" the Exetel VOIP service before commiting to the change?
Do emergency calls still go via the PSTN line?
Can the PSTN line be used in the event of a failure of the VOIP system?

The price is good, however, the quailty would need to be better that my current VOIP service.

How much does it cost to change over?

SpaceMonkey

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi,

I received a notification today that my current inc phone plan is being withdrawn from service and I will need to transition to another plan. Given that this now makes the naked DSL plans more attractive to me is there any way I'll be able to transition to one of them rather than to one of the new inc phone plans?

ExetelRocks

Post by ExetelRocks » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:22 pm

I'll try again :)

Any news on the Werribee exchange in VIC?

Also, is Exetel VoIP traffic given priority (QoS) over other VoIP providers?

Thanks!

cryptwizard

Post by cryptwizard » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:03 pm

How can I switch from my current Optus ADSL2+ to this naked ADSL2+ and what sort of costs will be involved as a customer still in contract?

WirlWind

Post by WirlWind » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:14 pm

My mother can NOT live without home phone for (up to) 14 days while the ADSL2+ plan gets activated.

Is there any way to hold off the phone line disconnection until the final day or two, while still activating the connection?