Trials Of "Churning" Between ADSL2 ISPs

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin

Trials Of "Churning" Between ADSL2 ISPs

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:49 am

Exetel will begin a trial starting on 7/12/07 of the processes that will allow an end user to move from one SSS based ADSL2 ISP to another SSS based ADSL2 ISP who participates in this process - please bear in mind that iiNet has currently indicated that it won't be participating - you can make up your own mind why that would be.

It will also allow customers on ADSL1 services to transfer to (and presumably from) to SSS ADSL2 services.

In effect this process aims to achieve the same results currently being achieved by the ADSL1 'churn process'.

SSS (Spectrum Shared Services) are provided by, among others, Powertel, iiNet, TPG and Internode - but not Optus, AAPT or iPrimus who, as far as I know, provide ADSL2 via ULL (Unloaded Local Loop).

This trial will go for around three months and will not be able to be used generally for at least that time.

We will keep interested users advised of progress via this thread.
Last edited by ForumAdmin on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:59 pm

I am interested.
i currently have aanet ADSL and wanted to move to Exetel ADSL2+ service but due to the 2-3 weeks of downtime needed for this move, i couldn't move to Exetel ADSL2+ service. But hopefull this will allow me to have a smooth transtion to Exetel from aanet.

cheers,

adriansmith

Post by adriansmith » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:59 pm

That's great news... if fast churn was available I would be off iiNet in an instant...

UberSchnell

Post by UberSchnell » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:09 pm

As soon as this is available, or if you are looking for test candidates, count me in.

meinwest

Great Idea

Post by meinwest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:27 pm

Have Spoken to TPG and they can do the SAME and Move me to ADSL2+ seeing exetel cant offer it...

Chloness

Sign me up to that

Post by Chloness » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:47 pm

I couldnt get Exetel ADSL in any flavour in September as there were no ports available on any ADSL type in Richmond Vic. (Well that is what the extel website said). I have currently 4 existing Exetel accounts in other locations and a pioneer member on one of them and hated having to go with Internode. (Great service but pricey for the allowance).

I think there are ports in Richmond now but I am scared of the downtime as I use the internet extensively for work.

Please pick me pick me if you need a test candidate.

MarkWepps

Post by MarkWepps » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:56 pm

Too bad PowerTel isnt available in WA. Otherwise I would change in a heartbeat

Also What about churning to an ADSL2 Provider. EG iiNet ADSL2 from Exetel ADSL1

I tried to do it but iiNet came back saying it failed

bemuse

Post by bemuse » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:19 am

will i be able to apply if im on a RiM

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:11 am

sevusal wrote:I am interested.
i currently have aanet ADSL and wanted to move to Exetel ADSL2+ service but due to the 2-3 weeks of downtime needed for this move, i couldn't move to Exetel ADSL2+ service. But hopefull this will allow me to have a smooth transtion to Exetel from aanet.

cheers,
If it works out there should be the same minimal down time to move from an ADSL1 service to a SSS ADSL2 service provided by a carrier that participates in the SSS churn process.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 am

MarkWepps wrote:Too bad PowerTel isnt available in WA. Otherwise I would change in a heartbeat

Also What about churning to an ADSL2 Provider. EG iiNet ADSL2 from Exetel ADSL1

I tried to do it but iiNet came back saying it failed
iiNet, as far as I know, has declined to participate in this trial.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:16 am

MarkWepps wrote:
1) Too bad PowerTel isnt available in WA. Otherwise I would change in a heartbeat

2) Also What about churning to an ADSL2 Provider. EG iiNet ADSL2 from Exetel ADSL1

3) I tried to do it but iiNet came back saying it failed
1) Powertel has a few of its own exchanges in WA and has access to some iiNet exchanges. During this trial iiNet is not allowing Powertel to migrate its own users to Powertel on iiNet exchanges - you don't need to think very hard to realise why.

2) You should be able to 'churn' from any ADSL1 service to any SSS ADSL2 service provider that is participating in this program. Although iiNet are included on the Telstra list as participating it doesn't seem to work so you should direct that question to iiNet.

3) As above - iiNet state they have been able to do this for some weeks now so you should ask iiNet as the ISP who is, apparently, not accepting your churn request. There's no point in enquiring here.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:40 pm

so when can we start this process.

My brother is with TPG and im trying to convince him to change to exetel but he does not what to be without internet for long period of time.

Thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:45 pm

nihonjin wrote:so when can we start this process.

My brother is with TPG and im trying to convince him to change to exetel but he does not what to be without internet for long period of time.

Thanks.
Not before early next year.

We need to throughly test the processes.

pleiades

Post by pleiades » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:48 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: Not before early next year.

We need to throughly test the processes.
Considering early "next" year has passed, any news of progress regarding if/when the churn process may be available?

forostie

Post by forostie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:24 pm

Powertel are still in Phase 1 - You can churn over SSS (Say, from Telstra ADSL to Powertel ADSL2+ and vice-versa, but are still finalising the legalities of the Partner-to-Partner churn (ADSL2 carrier to carrier). Rumour has it alot of the delay is iinet's fault.