Telstra Wholesale Account Number

Old, inactive threads
netsurfer

Telstra Wholesale Account Number

Post by netsurfer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi....

I am in the middle of moving from AAPT (ADSL+Phone) to Exetel (ADSL2+Phone supplied by Optus).

When I filled in the forms I supplied my OLD AAPT account number. They came back to me saying it is invalid and asked me supply them with my Telstra Wholesale Account number.

AAPT support informed that they cannot supply this number; however, Telstra gave me a 10-digit number which I passed to Exetel. Exetel came back to me this time saying Optus rejected the number because it is invalid.

Can't Exetel get this information from my phone number and name? as it is not easy to get it. The last time people were unfriendly.
Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,
netsurfer.

richardk
Exetel Staff

Post by richardk » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:09 am

Hello,

I understand your fustration with trying to get the correct account number to transfer the telephone and Internet service.
We can't get the correct account number from our Wholesale carrier due to privacy reasons.

The best that EXETEL can do is try to see if Optus would be able to give you the last four digits of your telephone account number. If you would like that information I would suggest that you contact our provisioning department and we will try and get that information for you to give to your telephone carrier to see if they can help.

Thank You

netsurfer

Post by netsurfer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi...

Thank you for your reply.

I contacted Matt (AAPT ISP Representative on forums.whirlpool.net.au) and he was kind enough to help me get the number.

Today, my line was churned to Exetel.

I thought of sharing that.

brainspace

Post by brainspace » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:06 am

Thank you netsurfer!

I had the same difficulties getting the Telstra wholesale account number out of Telstra with our AAPT phone. Thanks to your post I tracked down Matt at whirlpool, he was very helpful and furnished the number. For others trying to find Matt he is user #190008