Reminder Of 12 Midnight To 12 Noon Conditions

Old, inactive threads
CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 pm

wokii wrote:I AM A CUSTOMER AND I WAS NOT TOLD !
Hey, customers were informed.

Regardless, Exetel were nice enough to send you an alert advising you've exceeded 48GB this month.

48GB in 20 days, your doing well.. I think you've been getting more than your money's worth from Exetel for sometime now.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

wokii

Post by wokii » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Yes you are right i have done well the last few months. I don't know about MORE than my money's worth as i was only doing what i am allowed to do. So i would say I'm getting my money's worth. The alert is a nice thing, BUT as i have said b4 they missied me somehow so they may have missed others.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:24 pm

wokii wrote:I AM A CUSTOMER AND I WAS NOT TOLD !

I don't need to come onto the fourms unless i have a problem.
I haven't had any problems for sometime. So i haven't been on the fourms.

Fourms arn't the place to notify Customers of there Plans details changing.
Even in their emails they state they will tell me if it changes, only one to say i would be charged if i went over 72gb"s .I DID NOT! recieve any email advising me that the plans were changing to 48gb or even a link to a fourm page ect.. about this topic . So how would i know it's changing if they havn't sent me an email like they said they would and I have no reason to vist the fourms So how would I know?

I was just venting a little anger i guess. I don't really care that they have changed the plan It is still a great plan. But i still would of liked to know before getting a reminder saying it's going to cost me more.
So Exetel I DID NOT get an email notifying me of the changes so maybe some others didn't get one either.
Yes you were - the email sent to your nominated address is shown as 'received'.

It's up to you to read the emails sent to you and to ensure that your spam filter doesn't delete them.

Check in the user facilities that your nominated address is the correct one - the one I can see seems to be that of a female (megan).

And if you feel it's OK to treat other people rudely perhaps you would understand that people abused by you won't feel inclined to help you.

wokii

Post by wokii » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: Yes you were - the email sent to your nominated address is shown as 'received'.

It's up to you to read the emails sent to you and to ensure that your spam filter doesn't delete them.

Check in the user facilities that your nominated address is the correct one - the one I can see seems to be that of a female (megan).

And if you feel it's OK to treat other people rudely perhaps you would understand that people abused by you won't feel inclined to help you.
PM sent.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:45 pm

This 'subject' is closed - it's off topic in the first place and is dealt with on an individual basis.

Any continuation posts will be deleted.

petervien

Post by petervien » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi,

I'm slightly over my 48gig limit this month. Does that mean i get billed $3/gig for gigs over?

I'm getting conflicting information, because the email i received appears to state that under 72gig is ok for january, but the 48gig limit applies from feb 1st.

I just got this email from exetel today:

"Dear: MR XXXXXXXXX

This is an automated warning that you have downloaded 52834 MB in the
period 12 midnight to 12 noon so far this month.

You are reminded that if your downloads exceed 48 gb in this period in
any month you will be charged excess usage of $3.00 per gb or part
thereof.

Regards

Exetel Billing Team"

??????? i'm confused?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:05 pm

The automated warning email you received was in error and was meant to get sent out from February onwards.

You are correct in that you have up to 72Gb available for January. The hard limit of 48Gb commences on 1 February.

frotac

More flexibility

Post by frotac » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Exetel should consider a option for users that want to have a little more to download per month. Such as for $15 extra you can apply online when ever you want an extension you get 10 gig peak and 10 gig off peak. I think with this it is fair but also gives users more flxibility. Because to pay $30 for 10 gig is not appealing at all. These extra downloads that are paid for also do not carry until the next month! This option would be awesome!

ForumAdmin

Re: More flexibility

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 pm

frotac wrote:Exetel should consider a option for users that want to have a little more to download per month. Such as for $15 extra you can apply online when ever you want an extension you get 10 gig peak and 10 gig off peak. I think with this it is fair but also gives users more flxibility. Because to pay $30 for 10 gig is not appealing at all. These extra downloads that are paid for also do not carry until the next month! This option would be awesome!
I'll forward your suggestion.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: More flexibility

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:49 pm

frotac wrote:Exetel should consider a option for users that want to have a little more to download per month. Such as for $15 extra you can apply online when ever you want an extension you get 10 gig peak and 10 gig off peak. I think with this it is fair but also gives users more flxibility. Because to pay $30 for 10 gig is not appealing at all. These extra downloads that are paid for also do not carry until the next month! This option would be awesome!
Awesome, yes. But it would be SOO infeasible.

$3/Gb is already the cost (with the necessary profit margin) of delivering traffic. Regardless of whether $30 for 10Gb is appealing to you, that is the market price of such excess usage.

The reason why the base monthly offering of 8Gb-48Gb + 48Gb off-peak is relatively cheaper is because of all the users out there who only use internet for browsing and mail. Their unused quota go towards subsidising the costs of high usage users.

If Exetel were to offer additional "prepaid data" you can be assured that the ones electing to purchase this would be those high usage users. Hence there would be no subsidising effect and such prepaid data would have to be offered at close to $3/Gb anyway. So it would not be feasible.

If you REALLY want more data for cheap, you could install and activate a second, third, etc phone line and pay for multiple ADSL services. With a router that auto-switches between phone lines, you could have 10 phone lines and 10 ANYPHONE A plans giving you 560Gb of bandwidth per month (80Gb peak + 480Gb off-peak) for the low price of $400 per month (that's 71c/Gb). But you would incur upfront costs of about $1,500 phone line installation + $880 ADSL activation + cost of router. Amortised over 12 month, this works out at about $1.07 per Gb (plus cost of router)

dsc68

Post by dsc68 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:59 am

wokii wrote: So Exetel I DID NOT get an email notifying me of the changes so maybe some others didn't get one either.
I didn't get any notification of the off peak change either. My contact details are correct, I'm subscribed to the right notification lists and I've checked by mail logs for the past two months and no Exetel emails where rejected as spam.

The last plan change notification I received was on the 2nd Dec about charging for exess of 72GB. I only happened upon this thread by chance because I was looking for something else.

It might be advisable to send out a reminder if only to prevent some potential ill will.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:28 am

dsc68 wrote:
wokii wrote: So Exetel I DID NOT get an email notifying me of the changes so maybe some others didn't get one either.
I didn't get any notification of the off peak change either. My contact details are correct, I'm subscribed to the right notification lists and I've checked by mail logs for the past two months and no Exetel emails where rejected as spam.

The last plan change notification I received was on the 2nd Dec about charging for exess of 72GB. I only happened upon this thread by chance because I was looking for something else.

It might be advisable to send out a reminder if only to prevent some potential ill will.
We'll do that but it's very odd that you didn't receive the next advice if you received the December 2 advice.

tycannah

No Notification of changes to my ADSL conditions

Post by tycannah » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:47 pm

Likewise for me i was just floored by an autonotification that my 48Gb midnight to midday limit was exceeded for January 2008 and that I am now being charged $3 per GB.
I DID NOT RECEIVE A NOTIFICATION.
I do get regular notifications from Exetel for everthing else and the fact that I am receiving autonotifications should indicate that its still working.
I did receive the email of Dec 3rd 2007 that referred to a 72Gb limit before the charge would be applied but I did not receive any subsequent change in conditions notification.
I believe that this is an honest error on Exetels behalf.
I have always been a strong proponent of Exetel and its generous off peak policy and have always adjusted my user habits accordingly.

I assume that Exetel will adjust my bill because of the lack of recent notification. Please confirm.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:50 pm

tycannah,

The email you received was in error. The 48Gb excess charges commence from 1 February and you will not be charged for 48Gb-72Gb usage in January.

ForumAdmin

Re: No Notification of changes to my ADSL conditions

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:53 pm

tycannah wrote:Likewise for me i was just floored by an autonotification that my 48Gb midnight to midday limit was exceeded for January 2008 and that I am now being charged $3 per GB.
I DID NOT RECEIVE A NOTIFICATION.
I do get regular notifications from Exetel for everthing else and the fact that I am receiving autonotifications should indicate that its still working.
I did receive the email of Dec 3rd 2007 that referred to a 72Gb limit before the charge would be applied but I did not receive any subsequent change in conditions notification.
I believe that this is an honest error on Exetels behalf.
I have always been a strong proponent of Exetel and its generous off peak policy and have always adjusted my user habits accordingly.

I assume that Exetel will adjust my bill because of the lack of recent notification. Please confirm.
You won't be charged for going over 48 gb in January (only if you go over 72gb).

The email you received is in the format it will be in from 1st February onwards and will be sent to you if your downloads exceed 40 gb (as a warning to moderate your downloads fro the rest of the month) and then again at 48 gb to advise you that you will now be charged for further downloads.

We are also considering blocking your ADSL connection when you reach 47 gb downloads in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period by 'sending you' to a page that warns you that any further downloads will cost you and that you agree that you have been advised of this happening by you restoring your internet connection.