ADSL2 w/Tel @ Five Dock?

Old, inactive threads
drayzen

ADSL2 w/Tel @ Five Dock?

Post by drayzen » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi,
Just wondering if there has been any updates with getting Five Dock NSW enabled for ADSL2 w/Tel?
I've been waiting for this to happen for a few years now, will it ever???
At this rate I'll have FTTN before it... :lol:
I find it a bit funny that I've got my dad on it in Umina (Central Coast NSW) and I can't get it in Five Dock...
I couldn't find any enabled exchange lists like there used to be, are they still around somewhere?

cheers, Al

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:41 pm

If you put your phone number in here:

http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_with_phone.pl

it will tell you if you can get an INCPHONE plan or not.

I don't have any information on whether or when different exchanges will be enabled, but the above will at least tell you if you can or can't right now.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi,

Currently there is still no ETA on when Five Dock will be enabled, nor in the future any time soon.

drayzen

Post by drayzen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Sorry guys, looks like I'm off to iinet.
I've been pretty patient, I've waited for over a year, maybe two, hoping that you would get ADSL2 w/tel provisioned in what is certainly not a low density area.
I finally gave in and was going to settle for straight ADSL2 but now there's no ports available and the manner in which I was initially told this was a bit ridiculous.

Initially my application was rejected "...because you are not currently connected to a Powertel enabled exchange."
Having already checked this on Broadband Choice and seeing that my exchange was enabled I wondered what the hell was going on...

Upon querying the rejection, more detail was provided saying that it was a false rejection as there are no ports available.
Why could I not just be told that in the first place and saved me having to query the rejection.

Anyway, I didn't particularly want to change ISP's but I'm sick of waiting.
I guess there's not much you can do if Optus won't set up Five Dock.

At the end of the day the net result, pardon the pun :p, is one less customer.

Best of luck with it, maybe you'll have something for me in the future, but it will have to be something convincing as I find it a bit of a hassle to have to change ISP's, even though reluctantly in this case...
cheers, drayzen