does my exchange has ADSL2+ availability?

Old, inactive threads
sevusal

does my exchange has ADSL2+ availability?

Post by sevusal » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi Admin,

I am finally moving to Exetel ADSL2+ service from aaNet ADSL service. I have few questions:

- I live in Mitcham, VIC. HOw do I check whether my exchange has ADSL2+ service? i.e. the plan WITHOUT the telephone (PowerTel).

- I will cancle my service from aaNet on 25th Jan. Does this mean that I can not apply for Exetel service before that i.e. this week?

- How long it will take to transfer my line to Exetel ADSL2+ (without telephone)? Is it still 2 weeks?

Thanks,
Tosh

dogwomble

Re: does my exchange has ADSL2+ availability?

Post by dogwomble » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:29 am

sevusal wrote:- I live in Mitcham, VIC. HOw do I check whether my exchange has ADSL2+ service? i.e. the plan WITHOUT the telephone (PowerTel).
Your best bet would be to check with http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au.
- I will cancle my service from aaNet on 25th Jan. Does this mean that I can not apply for Exetel service before that i.e. this week?
If you go for PowerTel (ie. without telephone), you will need to wait for the aaNet service to be cancelled properly before applying for this service. It can take up to 2 weeks, but it seems most customers get connected in a couple of days.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:54 am

There has been changes to the provisioning of ANY PHONE services, I will get this confirmed and let you know.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

Thy_Zombie!

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Hey CLoSeR

I had a look at my exchange, using the adsl2exchanges link you provided earlier. Don't know if you care, but thought I would point out that their data is a little outdated in regards to the plan types & prices for eXeTeL. They list OPT A thru OPT G plans that contain the "Bundling Required" symbol?

Also, when you do confirm that "there has been changes to the provisioning of ANY PHONE services" effecting the ADSL2 connection time, would you please echo your response in the thread ADSL1 Transferring to ADSL2?? where I asked a question along the same line. Thanx.

- TZ!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Thy_Zombie! wrote:but thought I would point out that their data is a little outdated in regards to the plan types & prices for eXeTeL. They list OPT A thru OPT G plans that contain the "Bundling Required" symbol?
Yeah. The OPT plans were the old names for INCPHONE plans and PTL the old names for ANYPHONE. As long as they are listed then you can gain confidence the exchange supports Exetel's Optus and/or Powertel services.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:49 pm

It seems you no longer need to wait for days without internet to switch to the ANYPHONE plans, there has been developments in the provisioning of these services and now they will occur like fastchurns providing your existing ISP is part of the fast churn process.

Like the INCPHONE plans, the ANYPHONE plans are now cutover on a specified date, and you continue using your existing service until this date.

I should mention that this is still very new, and in the testing stages. But we've had successful fast churns to the ANYPHONE plans.

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:45 pm

CLoSeR wrote:It seems you no longer need to wait for days without internet to switch to the ANYPHONE plans, there has been developments in the provisioning of these services and now they will occur like fastchurns providing your existing ISP is part of the fast churn process.

Like the INCPHONE plans, the ANYPHONE plans are now cutover on a specified date, and you continue using your existing service until this date.

I should mention that this is still very new, and in the testing stages. But we've had successful fast churns to the ANYPHONE plans.
So do you mean I can apply ANYPHONE plan before 24th Jan and when I will cancle my service with aaNet on 25th, I should have my internet connection from Exetel? Sorry to ask you again and again but i was told in the past and again by you in this forum that I should get my service canceled first with aaNET before applying for my ADSL2+ connection!

Thanks! :)

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:21 am

sevusal wrote:
CLoSeR wrote:It seems you no longer need to wait for days without internet to switch to the ANYPHONE plans, there has been developments in the provisioning of these services and now they will occur like fastchurns providing your existing ISP is part of the fast churn process.

So do you mean I can apply ANYPHONE plan before 24th Jan and when I will cancle my service with aaNet on 25th, I should have my internet connection from Exetel? Sorry to ask you again and again but i was told in the past and again by you in this forum that I should get my service canceled first with aaNET before applying for my ADSL2+ connection!

Thanks! :)
There is no longer the requirement to cancel your ADSL1 service, just apply and you'll be given an estimated date of cutover (churn).

On that day, your connection will be switched to Exetel.

Thy_Zombie!

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Nice work eXeTeL! This almost cements my decison to cut-over to ADSL2... even if this is still very new, and in the testing stages.

Now all I need is for eXeTeL to waive the $88 Line Activation Charge, that is, for existing eXeTeL customers :P

Must say, in the last six months or so, eXeTeL has continued to impress!!

- TZ!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Thy_Zombie! wrote:Now all I need is for eXeTeL to waive the $88 Line Activation Charge, that is, for existing eXeTeL customers :P
Not likely to happen.

James D

Post by James D » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:01 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Thy_Zombie! wrote:Now all I need is for eXeTeL to waive the $88 Line Activation Charge, that is, for existing eXeTeL customers :P
Not likely to happen.
Correct, There are costs involved to have the services activated.

Thy_Zombie!

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:12 pm

Calm down boys... comment was made with tongue in cheek, hence the Razz EmotIcon... and again here :P

Have a great arvo and keep up the rapid replies and great work!

- TZ!

James D

Post by James D » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm

We where calm :)

Just explaining so that when other users read this thread they know why :)

Thy_Zombie!

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:57 pm

I should have realised ;)

OK, now you can pass over to me the "peace-pipe" you eXeTeL staff are smoking :lol:

Speaking of pipes (and refering to this thread exetel increase download limit in near future?)... now we can start working on that "$400,000,000.oo to spend on a cable to Europe"... with the "$3 million a month" that eXeTeL are making. By my calculations, and at the sacrafice of every other expenditure, it should only take 133.333' months for eXeTeL to make this happen :roll:

- TZ!

James D

Post by James D » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Thy_Zombie! wrote:.
I should have realised ;)

OK, now you can pass over to me the "peace-pipe" you eXeTeL staff are smoking :lol:

Speaking of pipes (and refering to this thread exetel increase download limit in near future?)... now we can start working on that "$400,000,000.oo to spend on a cable to Europe"... with the "$3 million a month" that eXeTeL are making. By my calculations, and at the sacrafice of every other expenditure, it should only take 133.333' months for eXeTeL to make this happen :roll:

- TZ!
LOL i had to laugh at that one.