Strange email from exetel

Old, inactive threads
astrogirl

Strange email from exetel

Post by astrogirl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi, I posted this over on whirlpool and it was suggested that I post it here on the exetel forums too. Hope I have picked the right board, it was a bit hard to decide where it fit. Anyway...

I got two emails titled "Your ADSL status has been upgraded" from exetel this afternoon (timestamped 3.52pm - I just got home and found them).

The strange thing is... that I have been an exetel member since the 18th january LAST YEAR. 2007. Is there a reason why I would be getting this email today on my one year anniversary?

Here is the first part of the email:
Exetel has received the Telstra Completion Advice Report for your Transfer application.

Your Transfer Service has been completed.

Telstra Wholesale do not provide any updates for churn applications so you will receive no further notification from Exetel and if you call us there is nothing that we can tell you. You can assume that your churn will occur on the day you have nominated.

Exetel has received the Telstra Acknowledgment Advice Report for your application.

The rest is the standard activation email telling me what my modem settings should be etc. Since posting over on whirlpool I've discovered that I did indeed receive this email a year ago (I still have it) so it probably isn't just an email that I should have gotten and didn't. Also it seems to be exactly the same as the 2007 one except that it is from a different email address. The original one was from adsladmin@ and this new one is from residentialsupport@

I can only assume it is a glitch of some sort... my account details seem ok. It's just a bit odd... is it safe to ignore it?

NetworkAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by NetworkAdmin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:50 pm

I think it is safe to ignore. I will ask a database admin to check just in case. They may be in touch and ask for your line number.

austdata

Post by austdata » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:55 pm

G'day Astrogirl,
It sounds to me as though your original plan no longer exists and Exetel are moving you to next best fit in the current plans.

Have a look at the current ADSL1 offerings and see if your original plan is still there. If it's not check which one is the closest and see if that's what's in your customer account area now.

It may be an idea to e-mail residential support and see what they say.

Cheers,

Mike

raymond
Exetel Staff

Re: Strange email from exetel

Post by raymond » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:16 am

astrogirl wrote:Hi, I posted this over on whirlpool and it was suggested that I post it here on the exetel forums too. Hope I have picked the right board, it was a bit hard to decide where it fit. Anyway...

I got two emails titled "Your ADSL status has been upgraded" from exetel this afternoon (timestamped 3.52pm - I just got home and found them).

The strange thing is... that I have been an exetel member since the 18th january LAST YEAR. 2007. Is there a reason why I would be getting this email today on my one year anniversary?

Here is the first part of the email:
Exetel has received the Telstra Completion Advice Report for your Transfer application.

Your Transfer Service has been completed.

Telstra Wholesale do not provide any updates for churn applications so you will receive no further notification from Exetel and if you call us there is nothing that we can tell you. You can assume that your churn will occur on the day you have nominated.

Exetel has received the Telstra Acknowledgment Advice Report for your application.

The rest is the standard activation email telling me what my modem settings should be etc. Since posting over on whirlpool I've discovered that I did indeed receive this email a year ago (I still have it) so it probably isn't just an email that I should have gotten and didn't. Also it seems to be exactly the same as the 2007 one except that it is from a different email address. The original one was from adsladmin@ and this new one is from residentialsupport@

I can only assume it is a glitch of some sort... my account details seem ok. It's just a bit odd... is it safe to ignore it?
You can safely ignore it. There is no problem with your service.