What is the problem wih PADO not being reurned?

Old, inactive threads
terryc

What is the problem wih PADO not being reurned?

Post by terryc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:52 pm

As per subject.

Service went dodgy on the 15th (#620925). Finally died on the afternoon of the 18th and I logged a fault via telstra copper.

Long story short; not too impressed that a technician was never ordered and that all the support droids loop on "fault is still being investigated".

As far as I can see, exetel's boxen are not responding to the user login message.

Some real information from a real technical person would be appreciated.

(only able to post this due to helpful neighbour)

NetworkAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by NetworkAdmin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

I am sorry our 'droids' are not meeting your expectation. Perhaps they are not the droids you are looking for?

The ticket number is 623155.

You logged the fault at 3:30pm last Friday.

The carrier picked it up on Monday morning.

The carrier investigated and on Tuesday told us they could see your circuit connected and to ask you to power cycle your modem to clear and reset the connection.

There was still no connection, even though you had sysnc, so we re-logged the case wuith carrier on Tuesday afternoon.

The carrier advised us that they could see your circuit connected correctly as before. We told them that it was not connected to our LNS's.

The case was escalted with the carrier.

This morning (9:30am) our helpdesk notes show "[the carrier] called asking whether or not the service is "disconnected" but i told them that it is still active in our database (they should know whether or not the codes are still on though). They said that they'll look into this further and then call back later."

Then 15 minutes later "[carrier] called, wanted to confirm login details customer is supposed to use, will call back as they are still testing the service"

The latest information from 10am today is "[Carrier] called in again and said that they had spoken to their superiors who have advised that there is a loopback issue with the address 172.27.75.92, they can see the customer hitting the BRAS but cannot auth as the address 172.27.75.92 is rejecting the connection/auth"

We have requested that the case be escalated again and are awaiting further information.

terryc

Post by terryc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Thank you. At least that story sounds better than öur supplier is still investigating"".

So, basically Telstra has stuffed it somehow. <tic>If only they could work out which switch they wiggle every Sunday afternoon to drop the link, then they would know which one to toggle</tic>

BTW, your droids couldn 't get their head around the fact that this link has never been PPPoE, but will only connect as PPPoA. I will see what the new modem does when the link comes up again.

Meanwhile, I'll keep telling it to reconnect from time to time. If the activity light is anything to go on, then they have stepped up their testing.

Anthony Michaud

Post by Anthony Michaud » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:08 am

NetworkAdmin wrote:I am sorry our 'droids' are not meeting your expectation. Perhaps they are not the droids you are looking for?
You forgot the hand action.

:D

Anthony.