Internet down since Friday

Old, inactive threads
kenttregenza
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:10 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kenttregenza » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:24 pm

us too...Brisbane Mansfield exchange... posted tickets... no response except for automated "reset your router". Very annoyed

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:38 pm

kenttregenza wrote:us too...Brisbane Mansfield exchange... posted tickets... no response except for automated "reset your router". Very annoyed
Then learn to use the ticket logging system and follow the instructions.

It would help you and it would actually allow your ticket to be processed.

If you, like some other posters here, refuse to follow the instructions then your ticket will continue to be automatically closed.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:46 pm

freshmeat wrote:Still CAN't CoNNECT!!. DELETED.
now 2 days without NET connection.

1) Logged fault 3 times. no fix yet. except the stupid answering machine.
cycle modem many times. didn't change any settings. tried differnet caps.. still can't connect...

2) been using exetel for a loonnng time first time i'm out this long...

more info ? no connection. adsl snr all good 27/47 nothing 's changed from old values. adsl line connected no filters no nothing except adsl line

3) DELETED am i suppose to do if i can't call and talk to someone and can't access the net ?!?!?
1) It seeems that you don't bother to actually follow the instructions.

It isn't a "stupid answering machine" it's a voice based fault logging system requiring replies from you in the format it asks for them.

If you don't bother to follow the instructions then you get nowhere.

2) Then you will eventually realise that you have a line fault that can only be remedied by you logging a fault and having Exetel register that fault with Telstra.

3) There's no reason for you to talk to anyone but you can do that by selecting the correct option on the IVR.

However until a fault is logged, correctly, and until you actually follow the instructions you are given then no progress will be made.

If you continue to use bad language in your posts here then they will be deleted in full and if you do it three times you will lose your posting rights.

freshmeat
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:17 pm

Post by freshmeat » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:03 pm

0) Apologies for the bad language.

1) I have logged a fault since last Friday.Actually the net went out exactly on Feb 1st. -> I have follow proper instructions

2) line fault = Tesltra ? I just want to know what the problem is.

3) Actually , talking to an actual person Reassures me that the matter is not just being ignored. (People assume the worst when they're pissed :twisted: )

john r
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Brisbane

back on

Post by john r » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi all,
Finally after 8 days we are back on line. Hopefully we will never have such a long outage again. Must say this has lowered my opinion of Exetel.Some better communication is needed when it affects so many for so long.I'm sure I'll feel better after a long , long period of no internet problems.
Regards John. :D

Martin V

Post by Martin V » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:20 pm

freshmeat wrote:0) Apologies for the bad language.

1) I have logged a fault since last Friday.Actually the net went out exactly on Feb 1st. -> I have follow proper instructions

2) line fault = Tesltra ? I just want to know what the problem is.

3) Actually , talking to an actual person Reassures me that the matter is not just being ignored. (People assume the worst when they're pissed :twisted: )
One thing you should understand is that we're having difficulty with the massive work load we normally would expect, simple fact is that telstra are not able to resolve such matters that quickly which really causes us stranded. PM your number and i will try to give you an update.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: back on

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:23 pm

john r wrote:Hi all,
Finally after 8 days we are back on line. Hopefully we will never have such a long outage again. Must say this has lowered my opinion of Exetel.Some better communication is needed when it affects so many for so long.I'm sure I'll feel better after a long , long period of no internet problems.
Regards John. :D
If you read any of the comments published about the huge strain, and subsequent repair time delays, caused b the heavy rain damage then you should know that delays in fixing your line fault are and were totally nothing that Exetel coud do anything about.

If you listened to the twice daily voice meassages you would have known that:

1) Your fault was logged
2) It was with the carrier
3) No update had been received from the carrier.

It's VERY hard to know what more communication could have been given to you or what more could have beendone to rectify your line fault.

Understand that heavy rain produces a huge increase in in ground line faults and NO company (even one as large as Telstra) has the resources to meet such huge increases in fault fixing requests.

Asserting that twice daily updates sent to you automatically are somehow not sufficient communication to keep you infrormed is really pushing your frustration to an unrealistic level.

However, if you do have any suggestions on how any aspect of the services that Exetel provide to you can be improved please post your suggestion(s) in the reevant threads and, as always, we will carefully consider them.

john r
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Brisbane

you're wrong

Post by john r » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 pm

We were not given twice daily messages we were twice given a message that the problem was resolved (incorrect both times) and when it was fixed I was not told, I found out by trying it. I was happy to put this behind me but such an incorrect response is breathtaking. None of my work colleagues who have Broadband with big pond had any outage so you can see why I and many others were getting frustrated. Critising people for losing patience when they have done nothing wrong and their accounts were debited the night before all this happened is just poor manners. My suggestion is that Exetel DO send twice daily messages to our phone . Also some more TLC when it comes to these forums.
No smiley face this time. John

vxc
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Sydney

General letter addressed to the Forum Admin

Post by vxc » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Dear Forum Admin,

Could you please explain why a thread in these forums titled "No Connection since last Friday" has been archived and that, it appears to have been replaced with this thread, called somewhat similarly "Internet Down since Friday" ?

My interest in this matter is that it would appear that some discussions concerning the possibility of a reimbursement/rebate for the lengthy downtime experienced by customers is lost to this thread.

For those interested in the issue, the relevant clause in the Terms of Service covering lost of service and the possibilty of reimbursement is covered in clause 11.5
11.5 Where a Customer's complaint is about a significant and sustained loss of access to, or use of, the Service which is not reasonably attributable to the Customer or non Exetel owned equipment, the Customer may be entitled on request to a refund or a rebate of any access fees for the period in which the Customer's access or use was interrupted (including when an Intervening Event occurs) as stated in the Agreement or under the law.

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_terms_conditions.php

I would like to suggest that comments made to customers about the possibility of a rebate/reimbursement be made with this in mind and not to be passed off with comments made by some forum administrators about no SLA agreement and hence potentially misleading customers.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: General letter addressed to the Forum Admin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:26 pm

vxc wrote:Dear Forum Admin,

Could you please explain why a thread in these forums titled "No Connection since last Friday" has been archived and that, it appears to have been replaced with this thread, called somewhat similarly "Internet Down since Friday" ?

My interest in this matter is that it would appear that some discussions concerning the possibility of a reimbursement/rebate for the lengthy downtime experienced by customers is lost to this thread.

For those interested in the issue, the relevant clause in the Terms of Service covering lost of service and the possibilty of reimbursement is covered in clause 11.5
11.5 Where a Customer's complaint is about a significant and sustained loss of access to, or use of, the Service which is not reasonably attributable to the Customer or non Exetel owned equipment, the Customer may be entitled on request to a refund or a rebate of any access fees for the period in which the Customer's access or use was interrupted (including when an Intervening Event occurs) as stated in the Agreement or under the law.

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_terms_conditions.php

I would like to suggest that comments made to customers about the possibility of a rebate/reimbursement be made with this in mind and not to be passed off with comments made by some forum administrators about no SLA agreement and hence potentially misleading customers.
This is a help forum for customers experiencing problems with their Exetel service.

Such people post here with the hope that someone reading their post can help them resolve their problem as they know a solution to it.

If it's an issue specific to one customer - such as a line fault, no-one who posts here can help them and the only way to solve the problem is to log a fault and then follow the progress of the ticket.

No-one here can help you with any contractual issue you might have - that's betwen you and Exetel.

Contractual issues have no place in this sub-forum (if indeed they have any place on any of the sub-forums) and therefore posts about such things/threads led off topic with such things will be closed and archived - in some cases with the off topic post deleted.

Locked