12 Midnight to 12 Noon 48 gb Reminder

Old, inactive threads
GaryG

Post by GaryG » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:06 pm

tocpcs wrote:
GaryG wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:That's true - last month it affected less than 1.0% of Exetel customers and in future I doubt it will affect more than 0.1% of Exetel customers.
That definitely places it well in context for anyone upset by the change.

I didn't get a response to my earlier post asking about the e-mail warning becoming a standard option for both peak and off peak?
Because it could be resource intensive, unworkable, and something the majority might not be interested in (just a guess).
Well if the majority wouldn't be interested, it shouldn't be too resource intensive. :D

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:14 pm

GaryG wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:That's true - last month it affected less than 1.0% of Exetel customers and in future I doubt it will affect more than 0.1% of Exetel customers.

I didn't get a response to my earlier post asking about the e-mail warning becoming a standard option for both peak and off peak?
It could be done and I'll ask for it to be added to the list.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:19 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
GaryG wrote:

Thanks

andrewvs

Post by andrewvs » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:47 pm

+1 for opting out of the cut-off.

kogi

Post by kogi » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:20 am

So, no more color pools in off-peak?

kogi

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:12 am

kogi wrote:So, no more color pools in off-peak?
Correct

CordlezToaster

Post by CordlezToaster » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Add this to the list:
Once off peak limit has been reached start to use our onpeak allowance. Once its all gone, then charge us the $3gb.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm

CordlezToaster wrote:
Add this to the list:
Once off peak limit has been reached start to use our onpeak allowance. Once its all gone, then charge us the $3gb.
Or not.

It totally defeats the purpose of on and off peak allowances.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Isn't the plan quota limit that we purchased the main part of our plan? Shouldn't we be entitled to use than WHENEVER we want?
I thought the offpeak 48gb was just a "bonus". I believe your "purchased" quota should be used up in it's entirety before you start charging over-use fees.

T.

p.s. However... like I stated last Friday, I won't hold my breath in this becoming reality. Exetel don't seem to want to see this point of view.

p.p.s. Not that I'm really worried, I've never gone over the 48gb yet, however it's the principle of the matter.

If 48 GB + quota is too much traffic, then lower the 48GB "bonus".

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:36 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Isn't the plan quota limit that we purchased the main part of our plan? Shouldn't we be entitled to use than WHENEVER we want?
I thought the offpeak 48gb was just a "bonus". I believe your "purchased" quota should be used up in it's entirety before you start charging over-use fees.
The offpeak is a bonus but the plan we are paying for is for use between 12 Noon and Midnight. The rest of the time we need the "bonus".
No don't - what would be the point of that?

Anthony Michaud

Post by Anthony Michaud » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:40 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Isn't the plan quota limit that we purchased the main part of our plan? Shouldn't we be entitled to use than WHENEVER we want?

T.

p.s. However... like I stated last Friday, I won't hold my breath in this becoming reality. Exetel don't seem to want to see this point of view.

p.p.s. Not that I'm really worried, I've never gone over the 48gb yet, however it's the principle of the matter.

I'm not aware of any Exetel plan that caters for more than 48Gb in peak. Why don't you just pretend that you "only" get 48Gb, and if you use 30Gb off peak, and then 18Gb in peak, turn your modem off for the rest of the month.

Simple. :P
Linux/*SD: How do you want to work quickly, reliably, cheaply and .... oooh look - something shiney over there. We'll be back to finish this later ...

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:43 pm

T.

If you share the allowances you no longer have peak and off peak.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:51 pm

GaryG wrote: The offpeak is a bonus but the plan we are paying for is for use between 12 Noon and Midnight. The rest of the time we need the "bonus".
Isn't it just set like that to differentiate between peak and off-peak hours? Way back when Exetel started the offpeak was only 8hrs long If I recall correctly and "peak" was the remainder...

Anthony Michaud

Post by Anthony Michaud » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:36 am

thomashouseman wrote:
GaryG wrote: The offpeak is a bonus but the plan we are paying for is for use between 12 Noon and Midnight. The rest of the time we need the "bonus".
Isn't it just set like that to differentiate between peak and off-peak hours? Way back when Exetel started the offpeak was only 8hrs long If I recall correctly and "peak" was the remainder...
The way I understand it - we're not entitled to 96Gb of data - we're entitled to 48Gb of data on peak, and 48Gb of data off-peak. Think of them as seperate entities, it's easier to rationalise.
Linux/*SD: How do you want to work quickly, reliably, cheaply and .... oooh look - something shiney over there. We'll be back to finish this later ...

yasak

Post by yasak » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 am

I don't know if this is off topic but:
So is there a still pool between 36gb to 48gb??
or the speeds should be same regardless if we download i.e. 10gb or 47gb?