No PPPOE Auth

Old, inactive threads
mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Post by mediaatt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:02 am

No worries Anthony - its gotta make you laugh though....

Guys - has anyone got PPPoE Auth back ???

Please advise as I think 6 days is far to long....

DICK

kenttregenza
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:10 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kenttregenza » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:22 am

Hi Dick,

Nope still down ... although all my tickets are "resolved" now.... grrr

7 days....

Kent

Martin V
Exetel Staff
Posts: 464
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:38 pm
Location: Sydney where else :P

Post by Martin V » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:32 am

mediaatt & kenttregenza pass your ticket number to me please,

Consider the fact that telstra is getting 300% more faults logged to them as normal and they are low on tech's and because of the recent weather things have gone a bit out of hand so resolution time has gone up.
Martin
eXeTeL Support

mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Post by mediaatt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:39 am

kenttregenza wrote:Hi Dick,

Nope still down ... although all my tickets are "resolved" now.... grrr

7 days....

Kent
Keep replying to them and they will become OPEN - I am now wondering if any of the Support team actually read this forum because they are not providing any feedback via this forum..

I am getting a little frustrated...

DICK

mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Post by mediaatt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:45 am

Martin V wrote:mediaatt & kenttregenza pass your ticket number to me please,

Consider the fact that telstra is getting 300% more faults logged to them as normal and they are low on tech's and because of the recent weather things have gone a bit out of hand so resolution time has gone up.
I have two open - one for me and another for a local gent that has no idea about technology that I provide support services for..

Tickets are...

632399 - Richard McLean
634221 - Ian Reeder

Both are for the same issue and the status of 634221 is now resolved and it CLEARLY isn't...

Martin - I hope you can provide us with some meaningful feedback in relation to this issue.

Thanks for your reply

DICK

tocpcs
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:01 am
Location: Online

Post by tocpcs » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:35 am

mediaatt wrote:
Martin V wrote:mediaatt & kenttregenza pass your ticket number to me please,

Consider the fact that telstra is getting 300% more faults logged to them as normal and they are low on tech's and because of the recent weather things have gone a bit out of hand so resolution time has gone up.
I have two open - one for me and another for a local gent that has no idea about technology that I provide support services for..

Tickets are...

632399 - Richard McLean
634221 - Ian Reeder

Both are for the same issue and the status of 634221 is now resolved and it CLEARLY isn't...

Martin - I hope you can provide us with some meaningful feedback in relation to this issue.

Thanks for your reply

DICK
Perhaps the ticket is set to resolved after it has been sent to the supplier for them to resolve?

Anthony Michaud
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Victoria
Contact:

Post by Anthony Michaud » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:41 am

tocpcs wrote:Perhaps the ticket is set to resolved after it has been sent to the supplier for them to resolve?
Correct. This is the easiest way for support companies supporting large numbers of clients (who don't always acknowledge that an issue has been resolved). To ensure that time isn't wasted chasing up issues that have been resolved, the tickets auto-"close".

To keep the ticket open, keep replying to it.
Linux/*SD: How do you want to work quickly, reliably, cheaply and .... oooh look - something shiney over there. We'll be back to finish this later ...

mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Post by mediaatt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:43 am

tocpcs wrote:
Perhaps the ticket is set to resolved after it has been sent to the supplier for them to resolve?
Perhaps....

But in this case the issue is not resolved and the status should not be set to "resolved"

The thing that is getting up my nose most is that I continue to get asked silly questions about using PPPoA on my hardware setup when this is just NOT an option.

All I really want is for Support to acknowledge that there is a PPPoE Auth issue and them to fix it - is that really asking to much ???

Not getting anywhere fast....

DICK

kenttregenza
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:10 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kenttregenza » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:56 am

I agree Dick - why close tickets if they aren't closed? I've posted this on another thread. Why not have ticket status like "we're working on it...."

... and the Network Status page (off the home page) keeps saying everything is fine...

7 days... 7 days... imagine having for example a low cost mobile phone service provider where you pay say ... $50 a month going... you have no SLA... so we can't help that our tower isn't working nor will it for a week... thanks for your money though...

lewana
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 am
Location: Mansfield QLD 4122

Another one here in Mansfield

Post by lewana » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi All,
This must be the right forum, we all have the same issue.
I've interogated my usage and it all came to a screaming halt midnight 31/1.
No ADSL Light.
All firmware settings correct.
Changed leads and locations in house.
finally got ADSL light back on this am, but still no connection (not sure why here).
Haven't tried the PPPoA setting, but see no reason why I should.

What else??

kenttregenza
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:10 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kenttregenza » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 pm

lewana,

Create a new ticket via the Exetel helpdesk (logon with the name & password your modem uses)

oh and keep the ticket open by replying "its not fixed!" if it ever gets closed and the problem isn't solved.

...and then... wait... I think seems to be the norm...

Sorry I can't be of any more help but it seems there is no other "fix"

mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Post by mediaatt » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:01 am

Martin V wrote:mediaatt & kenttregenza pass your ticket number to me please,

Consider the fact that telstra is getting 300% more faults logged to them as normal and they are low on tech's and because of the recent weather things have gone a bit out of hand so resolution time has gone up.
Well Martin - you have my support tickets - is there any feedback that you can provide ???

Its now 7 days and the issue has yet to be resolved and as far as I know yet to be identified....

What's doing ??

DICK

freshmeat
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:17 pm

Post by freshmeat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:56 am

I get the suspicious feeling that this has something to do with Telstra's recent unveling of ADSL2+ on 900 exchanges... they must have changed something....

<gasp1> maybe we're on all getting ADSL2+ :shock: !

mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Post by mediaatt » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:13 am

freshmeat wrote:<gasp1> maybe we're on all getting ADSL2+ :shock: !
That is unlikely !!

DICK

mediaatt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:40 am

Post by mediaatt » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:53 am

Just a short note to advise that PPPoE Auth is now working..

DICK

Post Reply