Old, inactive threads
markwfrancis

What is the real line rental

Post by markwfrancis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 pm

I just tried to order an upgrade to plan INCPHONE C. The order form says:

Line Rental (Included): $25.00 Per Month

However, when I click OK a confirmation screen comes up that says:

Line Rental: $30.00 Per Month

Why the discrepancy? Which one is true? Does this affect the overall cost of $85 per month?

Confused.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:29 pm

I'm really surprise Exetel haven't fixed this error. It has caused confusion for a long time now. No, it does not affect the overall cost of $85 per month. You can interpret it as $60 ADSL + $25 phone or $55 ADSL + $30 phone, the difference is only semantics, it doesn't affect your monthly payment (which is a total of $85 per month).

I personally think of it as $25 per month line rental because this is the exact price difference between the INCPHONE C and ANYPHONE C plans.

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:59 pm

It is $25 a month according to sales advice, but even the bill shows it as $30.

Many of the webpages on Exetel's site have been (and are) inconsistent at times, I think that simply comes down to poor design / coding.

Essentially, if you are going to display the information again, then include the same information again.. They do a fair bit of recycling of pages..

That said though, love the ISP, not the website.

James D

Post by James D » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:46 am

I believe that the ADSL 2 + Inc phone has a line rental of $25 per month, I have asked for the conformation page to be updated.

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:53 pm

James D wrote:I believe that the ADSL 2 + Inc phone has a line rental of $25 per month, I have asked for the conformation page to be updated.
James, you might want to get the invoices corrected as well, then, as they show $30 for the line rental.