Moving from Lets Go ADSL2+ to Exetel ADSL2+ questions

Old, inactive threads
luanix

Moving from Lets Go ADSL2+ to Exetel ADSL2+ questions

Post by luanix » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi,

I'm currently have my phone line and ADSL2+ with Let's Go (they use Optus line) and I'm exploring the options to move to Exetel ADSL2+ with phone bundle.

Can you tell me what are the steps involved?

The reason I ask is because I receive confusing answer from the Sale person. He said that I have to switch my phone line to Telstra first before applying for Exetel...This doesn't make sense because according to your web site, you provide ADSL2 over Optus line which is the same as Lets Go, so why do I have to switch to Telstra first?

I also ran the check of my current phone number on your web site and this is the result:

ADSL2 Number: 039879xxxx
Exchange Code: RWOD
Exchange Availability: YES
Exchange Capacity Reached: YES
Telephone Service Availability: Telephone Chun Service Available
ADSL2 Service Availability: Exsting ADSL2 Service
Theoretically Estimated Low Speed:
Theoretically Estimated High Speed:

From the result above, it indicates that I can churn my phone line to your company. Can you advise what are the steps involve to switch over to your company? and whether I need to switch to Telstra first?

Thank you

ymo

Re: Moving from Lets Go ADSL2+ to Exetel ADSL2+ questions

Post by ymo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:13 am

luanix wrote: Exchange Availability: YES
Exchange Capacity Reached: YES
My understanding of those two lines is:

ADSL2+ DSLAMs are installed in your exchange but all the ports are in use.

Of course if you are already on a resold Optus service then canceling that would free up a port but you would have to be first in line to get it back - this would be a risk.

I hope someone else can confirm or deny this interpretation.

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:05 pm

Isn't churning between two ADSL2+ providers possible? Use the same port and get it reassigned to Exetel?

dogwomble

Post by dogwomble » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:43 pm

No. The problem is, there is no 'standard' reseller of ADSL2 services.

On ADSL1, the majority of churns were with Telstra ports, and even though Telstra is Telstra, being a single port provided by a single company makes it easier for a 'churn' process to be implemented.

With ADSL2, if you go from say iiNet to Exetel, you've got the problem of it being on completely separate infrastructure, so simply reprogramming the port is unworkable, seeing as they are not going through the same port.

luanix

Post by luanix » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am

After many phone calls, the only way to switch to Exetel is to go back to Telstra (cost me $59) and then subscribe to Exetel...I still don't understand why I have to do this even though Exetel is providing ADSL2 over Optus line.

Thank you all who replied to this post.

johnf1

letsgo to exetel

Post by johnf1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:23 pm

I'm also moving from LetsGo adsl2+, and want to get Exetel adsl2+ with phone. I understand you have to go thru Telstra first, but from your experience can you please tell me what the best sequence of steps is to avoid unnecessary delays?

Also, what happens with your internet connection while your phone is changed to telstra?

Will I have to pay for a new application fee instead of a churn fee?

Thanks,
John

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: letsgo to exetel

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:27 pm

johnf1 wrote:I'm also moving from LetsGo adsl2+, and want to get Exetel adsl2+ with phone. I understand you have to go thru Telstra first, but from your experience can you please tell me what the best sequence of steps is to avoid unnecessary delays?

Also, what happens with your internet connection while your phone is changed to telstra?

Will I have to pay for a new application fee instead of a churn fee?

Thanks,
John
I've asked a senior provisioning person to reply to you.

johnf

Re: letsgo to exetel

Post by johnf » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:03 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
johnf1 wrote:I'm also moving from LetsGo adsl2+, ...
I've asked a senior provisioning person to reply to you.
Thanks FA

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Hello,

In regards to moving to Exetel ADSL2 with line rental, essentially the services we offer are direct port-ins from the Telstra network.

In terms of doing this as quickly as possible you should port the number to the telstra network. In doing so, you must make sure the phone number you have is also able to be portable to other networks from the telsta network. In addition, once that has been done the provisioning time to porting back to Exetel is around 14-16 days in general assuming natural progression of an application.

Once the number is ported to Telstra you would lose internet access (I'd assume) from your current service provider ( as it has transfered different networks)

However, noting your first post, the exchange is currently at maximum capacity so I would be very careful in making a decision to migrate over to Exetel (via the Telstra network) as the capacity issue may still be there come time to apply to Exetel.

johnf1

Post by johnf1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:26 pm

thanks paulp,

so I'll be offline for at least two weeks. eek! :(

BTW
I'm not the OP in this topic. I'm on the Girrawheen exchange in WA.

John

kheong

Post by kheong » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm currently on Letsgo ADSL2 + phone bundle and would like to move to Exetel ADSL 2 & phone.

Since Letsgo is on Optus Wholesale, this FAQ says I should be able to do a quick churn:
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... b9#p212532

So will I need to move to Telstra first or not?

I'm on the South Perth exchange:
http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=SPTH

cheers,

kheong

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:22 pm

kheong wrote:So will I need to move to Telstra first or not?
Not any more. This used to be the process, but since mid June it has changed so that users on Optus infrastructure can churn directly, without requiring you to move back to Telstra.

kheong

Post by kheong » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:41 pm

That's awesome--thanks for the reply!

cheers,

kheong

kheong

Post by kheong » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Sorry, I forgot to ask--to churn from Letsgo to Exetel, do I still use the "EXETEL Pty Ltd ADSL2 Residential Online Order Form"?

If yes, can I specify the change-over date to be the day before my Letsgo contract expires? How is that done in the order form? How much downtime with the phone and ADSL2 can I expect?

If there's a difference in churning different ISPs using Optus, would you please confirm you've quickly churned Letsgo ADSL2+ users before? I just need to ensure my downtime will be minimal.

thanks,

kheong

XIANGLI

Post by XIANGLI » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:04 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
kheong wrote:So will I need to move to Telstra first or not?
Not any more. This used to be the process, but since mid June it has changed so that users on Optus infrastructure can churn directly, without requiring you to move back to Telstra.
I got the similar problem about churning from Comcen to Exetel. Comen is not on the list of 'local calls service' providers. So i cannot continue the application form.