Lost Sync (and usuage blockage?) -AUTOMATIC BLOCK AT 48 GB

Old, inactive threads
colostomy bag

Lost Sync (and usuage blockage?) -AUTOMATIC BLOCK AT 48 GB

Post by colostomy bag » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:32 am

I haven't had internet access for about 20 hours. The nb9w (1.5/256) reports no sync, however VOIP is OK and SIP registration succeeds. Puzzling in that although I can't get any URLs some (but not all) say usage blockage. I'm under the 48 gb but that should be irrelevant anyway. Best all.
Last edited by colostomy bag on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

StaRbursT

No usage. Blocked

Post by StaRbursT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:42 am

Hello im having the same issue. I do a check on the modem and all is connecting fine. As soon as i try the net, it starts out with http://blocked.exetel.blah blah blah

Dont know what the go go is. im under cap which doesnt really matter cause i pay if i go over. Anyone offer some assistance??

colostomy bag

Re: No usage. Blocked

Post by colostomy bag » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:06 am

StaRbursT wrote:Hello im having the same issue. I do a check on the modem and all is connecting fine. As soon as i try the net, it starts out with http://blocked.exetel.blah blah blah

Dont know what the go go is. im under cap which doesnt really matter cause i pay if i go over. Anyone offer some assistance??
Do you have the same modem - a netcomm NB9W? Cause when exetel made a change on their switch (a couple of weeks back) it screwed up VOIP on these modems. Wonder whether it is modem specific. Best.

richardk

Post by richardk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:14 am

Hi,

Could you all pm me your service number and I will further investigate with our engineers.
When replying please include the link to this thread.

Thank You

StaRbursT

No Connection

Post by StaRbursT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:22 am

No i dont have the same modem i use a dynalink RTA770. Service went down yesterday when my wife rang me and said it wasnt working. It has a diagnostic check in it and it tests all ok.

I put up a ticket ID: 652595

Ive had a lot of rain in my area the last few days so i put it down to that, but now that all the servicing on the servers etc, its still being blocked. Thanks for you time
Last edited by StaRbursT on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

richardk

Post by richardk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:30 am

Hi,

We do block our customers at 47 GB for usage.
StaRbusT I can see that you have downloaded that amount during the off peak period.

If you can't unblock yourself please let us know and we will unblock your account.
It is never a good idea to put your telephone number on a public forum.

Thank You

StaRbursT

Request Unblock

Post by StaRbursT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 am

Im not really sure how im supposed to unblock it myself. If you can point me in the right direction???

OR if you could do it for me that would be sweeter still. Thanks

colostomy bag

Post by colostomy bag » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:39 am

richardk wrote:Hi,

We do block our customers at 47 GB for usage.
StaRbusT I can see that you have downloaded that amount during the off peak period.

If you can't unblock yourself please let us know and we will unblock your account.
It is never a good idea to put your telephone number on a public forum.

Thank You
Why are you blocking people as you make money over 48 gb? Has this been advertised - that you will be blocked and need to unblock yourself? Surely people should still be allowed to surf?

richardk

Post by richardk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:46 am

Hi StaRbusT,

I would suggest that you reply to the ticket and asked to be unblocked.
Make sure that the account holder sends the email to ask to be unblocked.

Thank You

StaRbursT

All done

Post by StaRbursT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

THanks posted a reply to it.

colostomy bag how did you go, get yours fixed as well??

Im doing this from work so i dont know if its even going to be going until i get home

colostomy bag

Re: All done

Post by colostomy bag » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:17 am

StaRbursT wrote:THanks posted a reply to it.

colostomy bag how did you go, get yours fixed as well??

Im doing this from work so i dont know if its even going to be going until i get home
Got no idea whats going on. They haven't PMed me back. I've trawled thru old emails and seen this;;

If you reach 47 gb in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period your internet connection will be temporarily blocked by sending you to a 10.x.x.x. page where you will be required to 'click' on a statement acknowledging you are aware that downloads over 48 gb in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period are chargeable after 48 gb. Your internet connection will be 'instantly' restored when you acknowledge this.

I presume this is my problem BUT THIS DID NOT WORK. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PAGE and thus can't respond to it. I spent hours last night rebooting PC and router and checking config etc.

richardk

Post by richardk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 am

Hello Colostomy bag,

I would sugget that you send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au asking for your connection to be unblocked.
You have to be the account holder for the account when emailing us as you have to agree to being charged if you go over the 48 GB for the month.

The reason why you may of not got the blocked page is because in your routers configuration page you might have a static setting for your IP address. If you change this to obtain the WAN IP address from the ISP you should then be able to reach the page.

Thank You

colostomy bag

Post by colostomy bag » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:36 am

richardk wrote:Hello Colostomy bag,

I would sugget that you send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au asking for your connection to be unblocked.
You have to be the account holder for the account when emailing us as you have to agree to being charged if you go over the 48 GB for the month.

The reason why you may of not got the blocked page is because in your routers configuration page you might have a static setting for your IP address. If you change this to obtain the WAN IP address from the ISP you should then be able to reach the page.

Thank You
You should have factored the IP situation in and warned us properly. A pilot scenario would have picked this up. Exetel have a reputation for abysmal communication. This only confirms it. As I said I it took days to find out an efficiency upgrade to the VOIP server screwed the netcomm modems. It been a great month...

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 pm

colostomy bag

An email was sent to all customers to their nominated contact email address on 1 February entitled "Change To 12 Midnight To 12 Noon Download Conditions". I received my copy at 12:48 pm that day. This email provided explicit information about the changes, to wit:
This is a reminder that from February 1st 2008 you will be charged for downloads that exceed 48 gb in the period 12 midnight to 12 noon.

Should you exceed 48 gb in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period you will be charged at a rate of $3.00 per gb or part gb.

You will receive 3 emails warning you that you are approaching the 48 gb threshold at 40 gb, 45 gb and 48gb.

If you reach 47 gb in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period your internet connection will be temporarily blocked by sending you to a 10.x.x.x. page where you will be required to 'click' on a statement acknowledging you are aware that downloads over 48 gb in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period are chargeable after 48 gb. Your internet connection will be 'instantly' restored when you acknowledge this.

We will continue this process for February, March and April and will then discontinue it.

If you want more information/clarification on this issue please go here:

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 336#196336
If you did not receive this email then you should check that you have a valid, current email address in your User Facilities as your contact email address and that any spam filtering you have in place allows emails from Exetel.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

tycannah

Post by tycannah » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:34 pm

I have the same problem.Spent half the day trying to work out if I had an equipment problem especially as it cut out mid morning when everything was travelling just fine. The 10.x.x.x page failed to appear.
Exetel Tech service got me going again and indicated some modems may be incompatible. I have an Netcomm NB5580W running firmware 1.05.3 Dec13 2005. Your tech service guy was not interested in this detail.

I dont know what settings you want me to change in the modem to prevent the problem next month. The modem has the DHCP set to "enable" for the Dynamic IP address. The One Page set-up has a "Private IP Address" that I can change. I dont know how the "enabled DHCP" relates to this "Private IP Address". Please advise.