discontinued plan

Old, inactive threads
Post Reply
marafice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:50 am
Location: langwarrin

discontinued plan

Post by marafice » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:47 am

i've sent emails to res support but thought it couldnt hurt to post here as well.
my current rx2t plan is discontinued at the end of the month so i thought i'd change to naked adsl as i'm going to use a voip service for phone calls but there are no options for me to do that.
it seems i must transfer my phone service back to telstra, cancel my existing plan, and when that expiress apply for naked adsl.
this would mean being without both internet and phone for a week or more while waiting for the new service. also, as i'm an existing customer why isnt there a transfer option for me?. the new 12 month contract isn't a worry but as exetel already have all my details the current method seems awfully complicated. any thoughts?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: discontinued plan

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:10 pm

marafice wrote:i've sent emails to res support but thought it couldnt hurt to post here as well.
my current rx2t plan is discontinued at the end of the month so i thought i'd change to naked adsl as i'm going to use a voip service for phone calls but there are no options for me to do that.
it seems i must transfer my phone service back to telstra, cancel my existing plan, and when that expiress apply for naked adsl.
this would mean being without both internet and phone for a week or more while waiting for the new service. also, as i'm an existing customer why isnt there a transfer option for me?. the new 12 month contract isn't a worry but as exetel already have all my details the current method seems awfully complicated. any thoughts?
I've asked someone knowledgable to respond.

paulp
Exetel Staff
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:13 am
Location: Sydney

Post by paulp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello,

I will get back to you on this shortly.

paulp
Exetel Staff
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:13 am
Location: Sydney

Post by paulp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Hi,

I can confirm that by the end of next week, we will have a facility up for those customers on a bundled ADSL2 plan such as yourself to apply for the naked ASDL2 service.

The provisioning time to change your current bundled service to a naked plan will take around 2-3 working days.(you should stay connected the entire time)

Check your user facilities for more information within the next 7 days.

marafice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:50 am
Location: langwarrin

Post by marafice » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:53 pm

that is great news paul but i've already put in both my telstra transfer and my cancellation for my exetel service
so 2 questions
1... should i ring telstra and cancel the transfer
2... can u stop the cancellation request i put in so i can do the transfer next week
thx in advance
steve

marafice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:50 am
Location: langwarrin

Post by marafice » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:14 am

all cleared up by jeremy. theres lots of bad press around about exetel's customer service but this has been an example of excellent and very helpful service form all concerned.
my thanks again to all, especially jeremy

GaryG
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by GaryG » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:31 pm

paulp wrote:Hi,

I can confirm that by the end of next week, we will have a facility up for those customers on a bundled ADSL2 plan such as yourself to apply for the naked ASDL2 service.

The provisioning time to change your current bundled service to a naked plan will take around 2-3 working days.(you should stay connected the entire time)

Check your user facilities for more information within the next 7 days.
Paul

That sounds like a great arrangement.

Is there any chance that number porting will also be available?

thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:30 pm

GaryG wrote:
paulp wrote:Hi,

I can confirm that by the end of next week, we will have a facility up for those customers on a bundled ADSL2 plan such as yourself to apply for the naked ASDL2 service.

The provisioning time to change your current bundled service to a naked plan will take around 2-3 working days.(you should stay connected the entire time)

Check your user facilities for more information within the next 7 days.
Paul

That sounds like a great arrangement.

Is there any chance that number porting will also be available?
And... will it include another 12 month contract?

Migitis
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Post by Migitis » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:25 pm

i too would be interested in this, if there was no additional contract period

ssyt99
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Sydney

Post by ssyt99 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:44 pm

There will be a new 12 month contract as stated in another thread:
shermanf wrote:If you are on a 12 month contract there is a $100 early cancellation fee if you cancel your existing ADSL2 service. Once you submit a Naked ADSL2 application that will start a new 12 month contract.


We are working on the members facilities where an exetel member can change there ADSL2 bundle service to a Naked ADSL2 service and this should be updated on the exetel members facilities next week.

The change of service from ADSL2 bundle to Naked ADSL2 will only come into effect on the 1st of the billing month.

The change to the Naked ADSL2 service will be $88 and starts a new 12 month contract.

GaryG
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by GaryG » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 pm

Well that leaves one question then. :)
GaryG wrote:Is there any chance that number porting will also be available?

Post Reply