Exetel 'Blocked' IP Addresses (10.x.x.x)

Old, inactive threads
JamesR

Exetel 'Blocked' IP Addresses (10.x.x.x)

Post by JamesR » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 pm

From my personal experience of setting up and supporting my friends' modems on the Exetel network, I'd like to designate in this simple post the differences of the 10.x.x.x IP addresses that may be given to users if they are blocked for one reason or another. This will hopefully help some of you when you are questioning why you have been blocked but aren't shown the blocked pages.

- 10.35.x.x is simply a incorrect username and/or password that you have entered into your modem. You should follow the instructions at http://www.exetel.com.au/a_connecting_to_exetel.php to resolve this problem.

- 10.32.x.x is a spam block - these are put on accounts if they are known to be sending out 'spam' from their IP. This is sometimes caused by a virus or trojan. I recommend downloading/updating your virus scanner and also a spyware scanner. These should pick up the problem and you can then apply for your service to be unblocked - but only if you are sure that you have removed the cause of the spam.

- 10.34.x.x is a payment block; which is self-explanatory. To find out what to do with this, you simply need to login to your user facilities and it will be on the first page as you login. You are given options on how to fix this.

- 10.33.x.x is an abuse block. Usually you should receive an email about this if you are ever blocked for this reason.

If these are incorrect, please let me know as these are the ones that I have recorded from my experiences. Lucky I have never had to experience a spam or abuse block :)
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks JamesR :D As far as I know, you are correct. I've made the thread a "sticky".

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Need2No

Re: Exetel 'Blocked' IP Addresses (10.x.x.x)

Post by Need2No » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:24 pm

JamesR wrote:From my personal experience of setting up and supporting my friends' modems on the Exetel network, I'd like to designate in this simple post the differences of the 10.x.x.x IP addresses that may be given to users if they are blocked for one reason or another. This will hopefully help some of you when you are questioning why you have been blocked but aren't shown the blocked pages.
Great idea. I was blocked recently, but my Firefox or IE did not show any pages, so I had no idea why. As it was about the middle of the month, and I had not changed any settings in my router, I concluded that I was spam blocked. Turned out that my guess was correct.
I would also like to find something like this in the user facility. That way I wont have to search the forum for the information.

Regards

NetworkAdmin

Post by NetworkAdmin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:48 am

I will ask a sysadmin for the actual redirect code from the captive portal server and post it.

Alfred

Re:

Post by Alfred » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:09 am

NetworkAdmin wrote:I will ask a sysadmin for the actual redirect code from the captive portal server and post it.
Now would be a good time to do so LOL