Half connected to Exetel half to AAPT. Stuck in no mans land

Old, inactive threads
bowjjj

Half connected to Exetel half to AAPT. Stuck in no mans land

Post by bowjjj » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Gday all, We are "sort of" in the process of getting ADSL2 + phone with exetel. The cutover date has changed a few time and was to be 2 days ago. Short story is though - We can't connect with AAPT adsl ( keep getting "failed login page from exetel" when ever we try to go anywhere) we can login to exetel ADSL and browse most of the exetel site ( at blazing speed, login to the user pages, read helps on exetel.... AAPT was on the Telstra line, exetel is on Optus line.
Our cutover date is currenty showing " awaiting confirmation"
We can brouse the exetel wiki pages, but not this forum for some reason. ( I'm back to dialup with aapt writing this...:( )

Just wondering if I've missed something obvious, other than "we're in the pipeline..."
Interesting we can get to most of exetel??? now is there a secret door on the site to the world...
Thanks for any advice.
Jim

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi Jim

It sounds like you are using the incorrect Exetel username and password in your modem, hence you are seeing the "failed login" page.

Are you aware that if you change your password for accessing your Exetel User Facilities, you need to change your modem password to the identical password.

If that isn't your issue, PM me your ADSL number and the username and password you are using and I'll have a look for you.

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

richardk
Exetel Staff

Post by richardk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Hello,

I believe I may of fixed your problem.
There were no login details created for your account.

Please reset the modem and try again. If you don't have your EXETEL username and password please pm me.

Thank You

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Thanks, All working now.

trev

Post by trev » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:11 pm

richardk wrote: Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:20 pm
[...]
I believe I may of fixed your problem.
[...]
bowjjj wrote: Thanks, All working now.
And people (not necessarily always actual Exetel customers, of course) complain that there is no "customer support" !

This just proves yet again that there is excellent Exetel customer support, not just after hours, but after hours on the Good Friday public holiday.

Well done "richardk" and Exetel.