Referral Bonus Doubled To $60.00

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Referral Bonus Doubled To $60.00

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:30 am

Exetel has doubled the referral bonus from $30.00 to $60.00 per referral for all new ADSL1 customers recommended by a current Exetel ADSL1, ADSL2 or wireless customer for applications received from 0.01 am on 26th March 2008 to midnight on May 31st 2008.

The referral bonus of $30.00 will remain in place for referrals of customers who “churn” to an Exetel ADSL1 service from another ADSL1 ISP.

More information about the ‘mechanics’ of this referral bonus can be found in the Exetel User Facilities here:

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/refer ... ink=link14

There is no limit on the number of referrals you can make and if the amount of your referral(s) exceed the amount of your monthly broadband charge any balance will be rolled over to future months.

What you do with the bonus, keep it for yourself, give it to the customer you are referring is entirely your decision.

fester
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Tasmania

Post by fester » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:34 pm

I didn't think the referral bonus applied to churns before?, your post suggests it did.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 pm

fester wrote:I didn't think the referral bonus applied to churns before?, your post suggests it did.
I has done for a while - I don't remember when exactly.

fester
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Tasmania

Post by fester » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:48 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
fester wrote:I didn't think the referral bonus applied to churns before?, your post suggests it did.
I has done for a while - I don't remember when exactly.
I referred someone (churn completed 5/3/08) that churned and never got a credit, after that I read somewhere on here that churns did not count.

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2023
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Post by James » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:56 pm

fester wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
fester wrote:I didn't think the referral bonus applied to churns before?, your post suggests it did.
I has done for a while - I don't remember when exactly.
I referred someone (churn completed 5/3/08) that churned and never got a credit, after that I read somewhere on here that churns did not count.
It was only very recently added.

Tafkam
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: Northern Rivers NSW

Post by Tafkam » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:34 pm

If someone is going from Telstra cable to Exetel ADSL does that count as churn or new ADSL customer???

Also, I tried the number in question in the ADSL availability checker here http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2.pl and it says :
Your phone line xxxxxxxxxx is connected To XXXX exchange, which is ADSL2 enabled. Exetel is able to provide ADSL2 for your premises.
How can I find out if she can get ADSL1 ?

Thanks :D

JamesR
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 10:20 am

Post by JamesR » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Tafkam wrote:If someone is going from Telstra cable to Exetel ADSL does that count as churn or new ADSL customer???

Also, I tried the number in question in the ADSL availability checker here http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2.pl and it says :
Your phone line xxxxxxxxxx is connected To XXXX exchange, which is ADSL2 enabled. Exetel is able to provide ADSL2 for your premises.
How can I find out if she can get ADSL1 ?

Thanks :D
1) You cannot churn a cable connection to a ADSL1 connection as far as I know... you'll need to have a telephone line available with a Telstra (preferrably) connection present. This makes the NEW ADSL application process much smoother.

2) If she can get ADSL2, there should be a great chance she can get ADSL1, but you can email provisioning@exetel.com.au if you wish, just for verification.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

Tafkam
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: Northern Rivers NSW

Post by Tafkam » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks JamesR. I've emailed provisioning.

cryptwizard
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:16 am

Post by cryptwizard » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:I has done for a while - I don't remember when exactly.
James wrote:It was only very recently added.
Interesting... :?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Tafkam wrote:If someone is going from Telstra cable to Exetel ADSL does that count as churn or new ADSL customer???

Also, I tried the number in question in the ADSL availability checker here http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2.pl and it says :
Your phone line xxxxxxxxxx is connected To XXXX exchange, which is ADSL2 enabled. Exetel is able to provide ADSL2 for your premises.
How can I find out if she can get ADSL1 ?

Thanks :D
A new customer.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Tafkam wrote:
How can I find out if she can get ADSL1 ?

Thanks :D
It's almost certain.

Tafkam
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: Northern Rivers NSW

Post by Tafkam » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Thank you :)

Razza
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:12 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by Razza » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:52 pm

why doesn't the referral bonuses apply to other products such as ADSL2 or naked DSL?

I know epople who want naked, but why should I recommend exetel if I get no bonus for it? I'd be better of recomending they get ADSL1 with exetel

Moonman
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Geraldton, WA

Post by Moonman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Razza wrote:I know epople who want naked, but why should I recommend exetel if I get no bonus for it?
Because not everything in life is about greed? :)

Tafkam
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: Northern Rivers NSW

Post by Tafkam » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:36 pm

As far as I'm aware, the customer benefits from ADSL2 by having no activation charge. I guess there's no referral bonus because there's only so much can be given away for free - it is a business after all.
If you know people who you can recommend to Exetel, why not just do it because Exetel is a great ISP, and you'd like your friends to benefit from them? Doing it only because of the bonus is a bit slack if you ask me.

Post Reply