Naked ADSL2+ rejected due to inactive number - Number active

Old, inactive threads
RVining

Naked ADSL2+ rejected due to inactive number - Number active

Post by RVining » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi, I have recently applied for a new naked dsl connection through Exetel. Today I received a text message and email stating that the application was rejected due to the number either not being active or not being connected to a telstra exchange.

I have noticed that when i put the number into the exete number check facility in the order page for new accounts that it does come up with some sort of error, saying to try again later. I have spoken to telstra and they have confirmed that the number is connected to an adsl2+ compatible exchange and I know that the number is active as I have called it a few times recently, including after I received the rejection notice. I have run a number search on teh Whirlpool site and it says that number is connected to Camp Hill exchange and that the exchange is enabled for ADSL2+ through iiNet, Optus and TPG. Telstra have also stated to my via phone that the exchange is ADSL2+ through them as well.

On a side note, I did apply for this service in my name, and the number is in my brothers name, though he has notified his phone company that I am to be listed as someone authorized to make decisions on that phone account. The phone calls are billed through Soul Communications and there is also an ADSL 1 account currently active on that number. I spoke to someone on the Exetel support IRC applet and they said that me having authority on the account would be sufficient to go ahead with this application.

Could I get some advice on where to go from here as I am having the adsl account at my current residence disconnected and would like to try and have a new one up at my new residence as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance R Vining.

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:41 pm

If the phone is only a recent connection (as in today / yesterday) submit your application again in just 2 days, Telstra should have updated the database that is looked at for active numbers by that point in time.

RVining

Post by RVining » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:31 pm

The phone has been connected for over a year.

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:37 pm

Pick up the phone, dial 12722123.

Does that read back your phone number? If so, it is a Telstra service and there should be no issue transferring!

If it doesn't, then Soul might have equipment in the exchange which the phone is connected to.

James D

Post by James D » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 am

Please email your details to provisioning@exetel.com.au and they will be able to look into it for you.

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 am

[quote="tocpcs"]Pick up the phone, dial 12722123.
Does that read back your phone number? If so, it is a Telstra service and there should be no issue transferring!

Ive done that and i get a phone number, i ring it and its somebody else s number :? Seems strange

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:47 am

Wow. That's very interesting! What happens when you ring your own number?

Do as the Exetel Rep also suggested, and email provisioning, but I'd be curious if you have a crossed line or something if you are getting a different number, or your number is pointing 'elsewhere'.

RVining

Post by RVining » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:48 am

I emailed a copy of the original post to them, as it covers everything.

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:30 am

tocpcs wrote:Wow. That's very interesting! What happens when you ring your own number?
Its not connected,it has a dial tone. I ring the number to check what my number is, call it from my mobile, somebody answers the call.
Maybe i could just get ''naked'' with that number and bill it to the owner of that number :lol:
Telstra have probably got a plastic bag over the line or something lmao

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:41 am

Ahhh.. So, you have not connected a phone service yet? Actually I'm confused, you say in the OP your brother has the service connected?

True or False, the phone service at your address is an active phone service, which can make calls in and out, and is billed for?

RVining

Post by RVining » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:55 am

Thanks for your replies topcs. It looks like another user is commenting on his own issues which where different to mine which may be confusing.
Yes the number was connected to a telstra exchange, dialing that number from the phone read back the proper service number. I believe the issue was that my brother had the line scheduled to be terminated at the end of this month and as such the telstra provisioning systems would probably not allowed a dsl application on it. I was hoping to get the line changed over before the cancellation date but now I am just going to have to get a new line with telstra today.