New ADSL1 And ADSL2Plans

Old, inactive threads
Locked
peteru
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

No minimum spend dial out only VoIP

Post by peteru » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:05 pm

I would like to see a VoIP option introduced that has no DID number and no minimum spend, so that you only pay for outgoing calls. This should be available to all customers, new and existing.

I used to have iiNetPhone (with free DID number and no minimum spend) and found that using PSTN to receive calls and VoIP to make calls is the normal mode of operation. Only rarely would I override the VoIP dial plan to make a PSTN call, but I have only ever received 3 calls on the VoIP number when I was testing it out.

For bonus points, the caller ID sent on calls made using this service could be set to match the ADSL service number of the customer to provide a seamless experience.

Edwin
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:25 am
Location: Sydney

Re: New ADSL1 And ADSL2Plans

Post by Edwin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:06 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: IncPhoneB**
$75.00
16 gbytes

IncPhoneC**
$85.00
32 gbytes

IncPhoneD**
$105.00
48 gbytes

IncPhoneE**
$120.00
60 gbytes
I'm curious to know what the reasoning is behind the increasing price per GB for the high end plans. It costs $10 to increase peak downloads by 16GB from B to C ($0.63/GB), then $20 between C and D ($1.25/GB), then $15 for the next 12GB between D and E ($1.25/GB).

Stunned Mullet
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Mt Druitt

Re: Want low-end plans

Post by Stunned Mullet » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Stunned Mullet wrote:I would also like to see a return of the low-end ADSL2 plans that offer 2GB or 4GB (peak) plans. That would help you to achieve your growth goal by enticing dialup users to go broadband.
I think that the new IncPhoneZ plan at $55.00 a month (zero activation fee) is the lowest cost ADSL2 plan in Australia.

Much better deal than any other ADSL2 plan I can see being offered by any other ISP.
That's cool. I didn't see your post as I was entering mine at the time. :wink:

Craig Ballard
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Re: Want low-end plans

Post by Craig Ballard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
I think that the new IncPhoneZ plan at $55.00 a month (zero activation fee) is the lowest cost ADSL2 plan in Australia.

Much better deal than any other ADSL2 plan I can see being offered by any other ISP.
This is, one other offer this low, but with only 300mb usage. whats the point of that.

Great Job on introducing this plan. Would this be available with Naked ADSL as well?

petemoss
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Re: Take care of existing users

Post by petemoss » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:22 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: One of the things we are considering is 'bundling' VoIP and Mobile with all new plans if we can find a sensible (and financially viable) way of doing that.
I assume that wouldn't be a forced bundle ? Not all new customers want VoIP and Mobile. I certainly don't want it.

I'm on the lowest ADSL1 plan, and would prefer to only pay $30 per mth for less bandwidth. I doubt if I ever use approx. 1Gb per mth, on average, but there are some mths when I would need more. So, I'd rather pay less each mth, and pay (say) $3 per Gb when I use more.

At present, I'm not using about 51 Gb per month, so why pay for it ? In short, make plan TELA available for existing users, instead of giving preference to new users.

Affinity
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Post by Affinity » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Yes Peter, but if the ADSL1 Bundled plans -- currently VoIP and mobile, could be made available with just VoIP, then the total cost at the 1GB level for the 1500/256 plan would be $35 including $5 worth of VoIP calls. VoIP can actually be used without VoIP equipment too but I am not sure right now if that is possible without any additional other costs.

petemoss
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by petemoss » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:37 pm

If Exetel want to be competitive on the Telephony side of things, take a look at what Telstra offer. We use Telstra, and the plan we are on has ..

1. Untimed local calls ( 18.5 cents each including GST).
2. STD is capped at $2, if you make the call during 7 pm to 7 am (I think that is the time period).

Another benefit that Telstra offer people, is a pensioners concession, which can be as much as $11 to $12 per mth.

It all adds up, Exetel's Telephony costs are too high for people to consider moving from Telstra. :oops:

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New ADSL1 And ADSL2Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm

robytseng wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
robytseng wrote:
I can't see how this proposal will add value as you have effectively increased the monthly rate by $5 and reduced my download by 48GBs!

Would you consider a monthly rate of $60 ($30 for ADSL2 and $30 for line rental which includes $5 of included call credits). Download limits can be either 2GB Peak and 2GB off-peak or 4GB peak and no off-peak downloads?
The monthly cost has increased by $5.00 but the 48 gb allowance, off peak, has remained.
Ok so what your saying is you will keep my plan the same but just increase the monthly rate by $5? Sure, I will definitely be up for that!!! :D
It's on the web site and user facilities now.

Affinity
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Post by Affinity » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm

The pensioner discount of $11 to $12 per month is significant, but with VoIP there is no such thing as STD, so your $2 max call cost would be just 10c and 'free' if part of a bundled call credits. All other fixed line calls are untimed at 10c each too. It would only take 6 of the $2 calls to make up for a $12 saving on line rental.....

btw I just thought a little more about VoIP without extra costs.. there would be a yearly cost of $US15 per year to use Exetel properly with Voxalot and not having to use any VoIP equipment.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: No minimum spend dial out only VoIP

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm

peteru wrote:I would like to see a VoIP option introduced that has no DID number and no minimum spend, so that you only pay for outgoing calls. This should be available to all customers, new and existing.

I used to have iiNetPhone (with free DID number and no minimum spend) and found that using PSTN to receive calls and VoIP to make calls is the normal mode of operation. Only rarely would I override the VoIP dial plan to make a PSTN call, but I have only ever received 3 calls on the VoIP number when I was testing it out.

For bonus points, the caller ID sent on calls made using this service could be set to match the ADSL service number of the customer to provide a seamless experience.
That option is already available to all customers.

Craig Ballard
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by Craig Ballard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:45 pm

petemoss wrote:
It all adds up, Exetel's Telephony costs are too high for people to consider moving from Telstra. :oops:
Hi I currently compare peoples phone (Mobile & internet) usage to over 100 plans that are on the market and what I find is Telstra is the last one you want to go to. Yes it all looks good on paper but when you look at what peoples call usage actually is they are not so good and Exetel comes up pretty good.

This is what I do as a business.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Want low-end plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Craig Ballard wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
I think that the new IncPhoneZ plan at $55.00 a month (zero activation fee) is the lowest cost ADSL2 plan in Australia.

Much better deal than any other ADSL2 plan I can see being offered by any other ISP.
This is, one other offer this low, but with only 300mb usage. whats the point of that.

Great Job on introducing this plan. Would this be available with Naked ADSL as well?
That's still being worked on.

petemoss
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by petemoss » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Affinity wrote:Yes Peter, but if the ADSL1 Bundled plans -- currently VoIP and mobile, could be made available with just VoIP, then the total cost at the 1GB level for the 1500/256 plan would be $35 including $5 worth of VoIP calls. VoIP can actually be used without VoIP equipment too but I am not sure right now if that is possible without any additional other costs.
Good point. If there was a plan like that, my total ADSL and telephony costs per mth would actually be less, even after adding the $20 per mth line rental with Telstra.

That is, ADSL1 bundled including VoIP is $35, plus Telstra line rental is $20, total $55 per month. There is no way we would use 50 calls per month, I have all the Telstra call details and know how many we make, so the $5 included, at 10 cents per call, would be adequate for us.

The BIG question is, would the VoIP quality be as good as incoming calls, on this exchange. Recently a person here dropped Exetel VoIP, claiming that the VoIP quality was poor. We both know this person, and the factors behind this, however I would want to know that VoIP line quality was "as good as" incoming calls, on this exchange, before I committed to such a change.

We are on a country exchange, which in general, get poorer service, older equipment, and more problems.

HTH

Affinity
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Post by Affinity » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm

The alternative without VoIP equipment is to use Voxalot Web Callback. If you do a call back via two normal fixed line phones it would cost 10c per leg of the call, but you can then eliminate bandwidth usage on your own actual connection (assuming your home leg is your standard number and not the voip number).

Next comes the problem of your DID being presented to callers which I'm not sure can be suppressed; perhaps an email to voip@exetel.com.au will give that answer.

fester
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Tasmania

Re: No minimum spend dial out only VoIP

Post by fester » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:08 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
peteru wrote:I would like to see a VoIP option introduced that has no DID number and no minimum spend, so that you only pay for outgoing calls. This should be available to all customers, new and existing.

I used to have iiNetPhone (with free DID number and no minimum spend) and found that using PSTN to receive calls and VoIP to make calls is the normal mode of operation. Only rarely would I override the VoIP dial plan to make a PSTN call, but I have only ever received 3 calls on the VoIP number when I was testing it out.

For bonus points, the caller ID sent on calls made using this service could be set to match the ADSL service number of the customer to provide a seamless experience.
That option is already available to all customers.
where is that option? I have never seen it and your earlier reply suggested it did not exist but was being looked at.

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 399#204399 :?:

Locked