New ADSL1 And ADSL2Plans

Old, inactive threads
ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:02 pm

TELN 48/16 - $75.00 (increased 4 gb peak)
Another thank you, much appreciated.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Lithic wrote:Its a little bit off topic, but I want to know why I was forced to change from the TELA plan ($30 month, 256k, 1 Gb) to the TELB plan ($35, 256k, 4 Gb) when (a) the TELA plan still exists (and now has 2 Gb D/Ls).... (b) 1 Gb was generally more than enough for me.

The way I see it, Exetel will introduce more plans that don't interest me, and will then one day force me to sign up to one of them...
I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying.

You can change to whatever plan you wish to at any time.

Perhaps it would be better if you emailed:

paulp@exetel.com.au

specul8

High-volume users...

Post by specul8 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:06 pm

I average about 100GB per month (about 90% of that is P2P traffic), and have been stung by the after hours pricing model put in place a few months ago. It would be great if that decision was reversed, but I do understand the need to remain economically viable.

It would also be great if we were able to set up trigger email alerts when we hit usage in peak times, similar to what the off-peak bandwidth does now. This last request is a little off-topic, but closely related.

Thanks!

greg1960

Re: Take care of existing users

Post by greg1960 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:07 pm

microbe wrote:My suggestion is that you take care of those of us that are existing users.

it is very frustrating to receive emails with offers such as bundled VOIP, Mobile and ADSL being made available for new users, but those of us who have been supporting exetel by being customers can't take advantage of the same offers.

Steve
I concur with Steve.
I have been a long time customer of Exetel ADSL1 and honestly they haven't been very understanding or constructive for their income generating customers.
My original ADSL1 plan was scrapped and I was put on a new plan. I would now like to go up to ADSL2+ and find that I wil be charged a fee for this and be without service for some time while the ADSL1 is cancelled and ADSL2+ activated. What stops a seamless transfer and no fees for existing customers out of contract? It might help retain them.
Greg

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:14 pm

greg1960 wrote:I have been a long time customer of Exetel ADSL1 and honestly they haven't been very understanding or constructive for their income generating customers.
My original ADSL1 plan was scrapped and I was put on a new plan. I would now like to go up to ADSL2+ and find that I wil be charged a fee for this and be without service for some time while the ADSL1 is cancelled and ADSL2+ activated. What stops a seamless transfer and no fees for existing customers out of contract? It might help retain them.
Greg
I'm not sure why you think this to be true. ADSL plans need to be continually reviewed (and unfortunately, sometimes replaced). It is a necessary part of maintaining a sustainable business. Upgrades to ADSL2+ will clearly involve a fee as there are costs incurred in doing so, thinking anything otherwise is just foolish. And seemless ADSL1->ADSL2+ upgrades are already possible.

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:20 pm

I note that web page explaining/selling the ADSL Bundled plans doesn't mention the $5 minimum usage requirement for the bundled mobile or voip service.

The Application Form still does.

Has this requirement now been dropped?

(I have an application pending Telstra approval atm)

Regards,

Harry.

metino

Post by metino » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 pm

I would like to see a plan with a larger download limit something like the tpg 150gb plan (69.95) but i would be willing to pay double what tpg charge to stay with exetel.

greg1960

Post by greg1960 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:37 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
greg1960 wrote:I have been a long time customer of Exetel ADSL1 and honestly they haven't been very understanding or constructive for their income generating customers.
Greg
I'm not sure why you think this to be true. ADSL plans need to be continually reviewed (and unfortunately, sometimes replaced). It is a necessary part of maintaining a sustainable business. Upgrades to ADSL2+ will clearly involve a fee as there are costs incurred in doing so, thinking anything otherwise is just foolish. And seemless ADSL1->ADSL2+ upgrades are already possible.
CoreyPlover,
As for the fees, perhaps they are a necessary cost but I have asked the Change plan question previously and have received emails from Exetel telling me that the changeover time could be up to a week.
Greg

peteru

Thank You!

Post by peteru » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:47 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Affinity wrote:Both equipment required and equipment-less point here for the order link:
https://www.exetel.com.au/members/voip_ ... ink=link08
- that page has no option for zero minimum cost or buying without DID
It should say that now.
Thank You. The new VoIP option is what I was after, so I signed up and started using it today.

The Exetel VoIP quality appears to be better than what I was getting through iiNetPhone with exactly the same equipment. Thumbs up!

:D

peteru

Post by peteru » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 pm

While we are suggesting ideas that result in happy customers...

Would it be possible to have traffic from Exetel servers, such as mirror, not counted in the usage?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:13 pm

greg1960 wrote:As for the fees, perhaps they are a necessary cost but I have asked the Change plan question previously and have received emails from Exetel telling me that the changeover time could be up to a week.
Things have changed since then. The process now is that ADSL1->ADSL2+ can still take up to 14 days, but you retain your ADSL connection up until the very last moment and only experience a few hours downtime.

tomdavies

Post by tomdavies » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 pm

I'm very happy on a IncPhoneB, but I have 3 relatives who are respectively, on a TELA, iprimus dialup, and no internet (were on TELA, but found it frustratingly slow).

They have no interest in VOIP or mobile bundles.

What I'd like for them is something below IncPhoneZ -- 1GB, *no* off -peak allowance, $10/GB excess for $45/month.

Looking at the price differences for the IncPhone plans, perhaps this is getting down into your fixed costs -- unless the cost of people on low price plans leeching their 48GB is significant...

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:48 pm

tomdavies wrote:I'm very happy on a IncPhoneB, but I have 3 relatives who are respectively, on a TELA, iprimus dialup, and no internet (were on TELA, but found it frustratingly slow).

They have no interest in VOIP or mobile bundles.

What I'd like for them is something below IncPhoneZ -- 1GB, *no* off -peak allowance, $10/GB excess for $45/month.

Looking at the price differences for the IncPhone plans, perhaps this is getting down into your fixed costs -- unless the cost of people on low price plans leeching their 48GB is significant...
It's not possible to do.

I will re-look at the numbers but it's below our cost.

tomdavies

Post by tomdavies » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:50 pm

And a PS:

If you did want to waste your time and money making someone who is already happy enough happier, the things which could make Exetel even better for me are:

- VDSL2 :-)
- Failing that, Annex M
- Reduced off peak quota and reduced price
- more bandwidth to the internet.
- ability to buy more bandwidth -- if you have plans with different quotas, why not plans with different shares of bandwidth?
- congestion charging for bandwidth -- rather than having a quota which you can use at any time, make the peak/off-peak trade off continuous based on load.

I also think you should make spam protection free -- I have moved all my email from exemail to gmail to avoid spam, which has the side effect that if I did wish to move, I would not have to go through the pain of changing my email address. If exetel spam protection was free I might not have bothered, and would be a bt more locked in.

soaper

Post by soaper » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 pm

suffice to say that i was saddened to see that the adsl 2 plan 12 GB was cut back to 8 GB for the equivelant new one of Incphone A

as one of two people in the house who hardly touch the off peak usage allowence, i would rather see that 12GB be restored for peak times in the adsl 2 and the equivelant naked plan...... and take some off the huge off peak download allowed.