More Formalised Forum Administration

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin

More Formalised Forum Administration

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:01 am

From my point of view this Forum has operated very well and very helpfully since it was created. This has only been because of the knowledge, patience, often kindness and dedication brought to it by the people who take their personal time to provide assistance to the customers who look for resolution to their problems here.

One of the things that we have, almost, always done (originally at Gillian's suggestion I think) was to ask admin to refer posts he/she couldn't answer themselves to the most appropriate person within Exetel so that the time between a question being asked and the time a sensible answer was given could be reduced to a minimum. (doubtless you have seen my countless posts of "I've asked someone more competent to assist you" type of posts.

I will be going to Sri Lanka next weekend to finalise, or at least advance, the planning for Exetel Lanka and, due to the schedule, the time difference and the tiredness of that trip I won't be able to play my usual referral part for a week. When I return I will only be in Australia for a relatively short while before I take 4 weeks leave in an attempt to recover from the exhaustion that I currently feel - mainly due to my years/decades of unhealthy lifestyle exacerbated by the past 4 plus years of playing a part in running Exetel.

Now that the new forum format provides some easier navigation I would like to more formally monitor new posts by any of us who admin here. My suggestion is no more than what is being done already but just in a more formal way.

I think it would be useful for whichever of us spends time here to check the new post listing to firstly see if we can help the poster and if not to send an email to someone who can in the simple format of cutting and pasting the post reference and sending it to the person best able to assist.

We should update the 'contact list' with people who would be able to answer the posts best.

We will also incorporate 'thread responsibility' in to GURUS by the end of June and use it as one measure of the quality of service we are providing to the customers.

John Linton

James D

Re: More Formalised Forum Administration

Post by James D » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:40 am

Hi john,

I will update the contact list at the top of this forum today for staff that are responsible for the different areas and general contacts what can handle all threads.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: More Formalised Forum Administration

Post by Gidget » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:18 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:One of the things that we have, almost, always done (originally at Gillian's suggestion I think) was to ask admin to refer posts he/she couldn't answer themselves to the most appropriate person within Exetel so that the time between a question being asked and the time a sensible answer was given could be reduced to a minimum. (doubtless you have seen my countless posts of "I've asked someone more competent to assist you" type of posts.
I still do this, especially after hours when there are fewer people monitoring the Forum. I usually, but not always, post on the thread to let the customer know. I'll endeavour now to always post if I refer a question on.
I think it would be useful for whichever of us spends time here to check the new post listing to firstly see if we can help the poster and if not to send an email to someone who can in the simple format of cutting and pasting the post reference and sending it to the person best able to assist.
I missed seeing your post until today, John, as I had a very heavy week and didn't scan the "new posts" as often as usual. However, I would normally have read it straight away (attracted by the title) as a result of receiving the "new thread" notifications by email - these seem to have stopped since the Forum was upgraded. I found them very useful as a quick way to scan new threads. I'll ask Andrew about the notifications.

Gillian
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal