Possible New ADSL2 Plans For New Financial Year

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin

Possible New ADSL2 Plans For New Financial Year

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 28, 2008 2:07 pm

We are in the final stages of negotiating a new ADSL2 supply contract with a new, to us, ADSL2 provider.

We are also considering whether we should continue to use our current ADSL2 provider (Optus) after our contract expires in mid July 2008.

Either way we will be revising our ADSL2 (inc telephone line) bundled pricing.

Should you have any suggestions about how the current ADSL2 offerings could be improved we would, as always, welcome your suggestions.

drnick_

Re: Possible New ADSL2 Plans For New Financial Year

Post by drnick_ » Wed May 28, 2008 2:18 pm

as an ADSL2 inc phone user, i can happily say that i am more than satisfied with my current plan pricing and inclusions. If any new provider were to come in, as long inclusions and cost were on par with (or better than :) ) what we currently have, it would be great.

Thanks,
Nick

nbrooky

Post by nbrooky » Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 pm

I am also happy with my Plan with ADSL2+ including phone on the Optus DSLAM's althought I am interested to find out who the new supplier is. Agile or Chime maybe?

karLos

Post by karLos » Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 pm

if the optus service is discontinued, how will existing customers be handled?

i don't mind so much if the prices change a bit, but interruption would be a big problem for me. (i have a naked service, so not including phone - but as i understand this is still an optus service)

GLOpro

Post by GLOpro » Wed May 28, 2008 2:28 pm

I am only new to Exetel, but as i am signing up about 6 new services before the switch over, i would have to ask, what pricing should remain the same or improve (not increase) and what impact to the end user will there be during your ADSL2 provider switchover?

Thanks

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Wed May 28, 2008 2:29 pm

I am happy with my Naked ADSL2. Extremely happy.

Please dont change the structure too much. Otherwise it will mean people will be less likely to migrate.

Also, it takes 2 weeks of downtime to get of ADSL2 setup. If providers change regularly, it makes the jump harder - more downtime, more fussing around, less willingness to change. We want ease of use, no hassle and cheap prices.

frankcellini

Post by frankcellini » Wed May 28, 2008 2:30 pm

I hope I can get ADSL2 at my exchange (Matraville NSW) where current cannot.

funkz

Post by funkz » Wed May 28, 2008 2:31 pm

I think Exetel is great value (compared to other ISPs in Australia, not the rest of the world but that's a different topic), and the service is very good.

The only thing I can think of is the usual 'make it cheaper' thing. More data, for less cost. But I'm sure there's a hard limit on that given upstream suppliers still basically set the price. One thing which maybe could do with some attention is the gap between the Naked ADSL2+ NONPHONE B ($60/m) and NONPHONE C ($70/m) plans. I'm on NONPHONE B and for an extra $10/month, it's over double the peak data (12GB to 30GB/m). Maybe increase NONPHONE B's data to 20GB? Or is the idea that you encourage people onto the $70 plan? :)

I was thinking the other day, IPTV would be cool. Like how TPG do it, a dedicated virtual ATM channel or QOS or something, to deliver TV channels. The VOIP service seems to work good, though I haven't used it that much because I can't find my cordless phone. But 100 free calls/month is great.

Also, is it just me, or are we limited to ADSL2, rather than ADSL2+? When I set my AG310 modem to use ADSL2+ mode, it doesn't get sync, but putting it on Multimode, it syncs on ADSL2 (not ADSL2+)? I'd get better bandwidth if I could use ASDL2+, as I'm pretty far from Blackburn exchange.

Cheers.

austdata

Post by austdata » Wed May 28, 2008 2:32 pm

karLos wrote:if the optus service is discontinued, how will existing customers be handled?
I'd be interested in that too.

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

soaper

Post by soaper » Wed May 28, 2008 2:34 pm

i hate to say it
but
i prefer to have Telstra closer to my keyboard, keypad
simply on account of the CSG

if another supplier was found........would it be a real trial to switch over if they were Telstra based.

or is that a dumb question??

nbrooky

Post by nbrooky » Wed May 28, 2008 2:35 pm

austdata wrote:
karLos wrote:if the optus service is discontinued, how will existing customers be handled?
I'd be interested in that too.

Cheers,

Mike
Well as ExeTEL own the IP's etc they could jsut do a massive CHURN and move everyone over and the downtime would be extremely minimal I would imagine?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 28, 2008 2:40 pm

karLos wrote:
1) if the optus service is discontinued, how will existing customers be handled?

2) i don't mind so much if the prices change a bit, but interruption would be a big problem for me. (i have a naked service, so not including phone - but as i understand this is still an optus service)
1) No current or then current user would be affected - Exetel would simply stop offering those services to new customers.

2) If we made the decision to use a new provider's services (which we did in the past when we offered the Powertel ADSL2 service and still have around 3,000 customers on that infrastructure) we just offer services to new customers on that infrastructure.

We have absolutely no intention of making anything difficult for our current Optus ADSL2 customers.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 28, 2008 2:43 pm

GLOpro wrote:I am only new to Exetel, but as i am signing up about 6 new services before the switch over, i would have to ask, what pricing should remain the same or improve (not increase) and what impact to the end user will there be during your ADSL2 provider switchover?

Thanks
Exetel always passes on any price advantages that occur to current users while not passing on any disadvantages for the term of your contract.

So, if we were to improve current plan offerings as we did some 2 - 3 months ago the advantages go to all current users.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 28, 2008 2:45 pm

soaper wrote:i hate to say it
but
i prefer to have Telstra closer to my keyboard, keypad
simply on account of the CSG

if another supplier was found........would it be a real trial to switch over if they were Telstra based.

or is that a dumb question??
We won't be 'moving' any current customers to any new infrastructure is that eventuates. We will simply use the new provider for new customers.

However, if there are better plans available with a new provider any benefits will be provided to current customers.

dlinker

Post by dlinker » Wed May 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Would be very interested if people switching from "with phone" to naked ADSL2 can "bring their phone number" to the VOIP service. One or two of the other ISPs currently offer this option. This is the only thing preventing me from moving my ADSL2 with phone service to a Naked ADSL service using VOIP with my current land line phone number.