Age Of Conan

Old, inactive threads
bundywow

Re: Age Of Conan

Post by bundywow » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:30 am

I signed up to fair play last night and i didn't get the latency spikes, however my friend who wasn't did get the spikes.
i suggest you try it tonight for anyone having trouble.

I really hope this gets some Exetel Attention soon as alot of people are playing this game and i know of 5 people other then myself who during off peak time find this game unplayable..

Fair play isn't an option for everyone as some people still P2P after they game.

Matsky

Post by Matsky » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Oh ok, thanks. Well I really hope Exetel looks into it. Any chance of some word from an Exetel representative?

Also, how do I select this fair play thing? I can't seem to find it in my account options. Can it be turned on and off? Like, can I enable it on weekends when I game but turn it off during the week when I use p2p?

Cheers.

James D

Post by James D » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:11 pm

Can you please email your phone numbers to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au and I will see what I can do.

Please attention it to James D

bundywow

Post by bundywow » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:29 pm

yes you can turn it on and off at will but you must do it before 11pm that night.

Tir

Post by Tir » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:21 pm

bundywow wrote:I signed up to fair play last night and i didn't get the latency spikes, however my friend who wasn't did get the spikes.
I was in fair play last night and still got them.
James D wrote:Can you please email your phone numbers to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au and I will see what I can do.

I sent one to that address before but I'll resend it with an attn: to you.

Malignance

Post by Malignance » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:15 am

Just got it again tonight about 5mins ago.

not sure if this has anything to do with it but tonight I just zoned out and zoned back into the place and lag disappeared.

edit: Gah it came back, that doesn't work. Please help this needs to be fixed it's really startin to annoy me after a week of not being able to play at night.

Is there an option to use that fair play thing.. but not have 600 meg limit for WHOLE MONTH? what the...

Matsky

Post by Matsky » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:09 am

Well I tried signing up for the fair play deal...

Yep, Saturday night is finally here, I'm all set up with a six-pack, a bag of chips, ready to play AoC, sure that my fair play will fix it...

...it just hit 11:05 (I'm in WA, so it's off-peak). BOOM. 9,000ms latency lag spikes.

Game is unplayable.

Another night of planned gaming down the drain.

A word, please? I've emailed you my number.

Malignance

Post by Malignance » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:29 am

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=68764

This might help some people but the OP used Regcure not Regclean (said it was typo in a different thread).

Didn't help my lag but increased frame rate =P

bundywow

Post by bundywow » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:26 am

James D wrote:Can you please email your phone numbers to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au and I will see what I can do.

Just bumping James' message for anyone else who comes along.
It happened to me again last night but they are working on it so hold tight!

Malignance

Post by Malignance » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:28 am

12pm hit and ping is now 10,000. WOOOT.. awesome =P

Any updates? this is screwing me over when im trying to raid.

Rips

Post by Rips » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:58 am

The adsl 2 thread along the same lines as this post got locked. So I will post here.

Same problems still with Age of Conan, post 11pm massive spikes in latency, however the frequency is not as severe. 2k spikes instead of 9k spikes happening 5-10min apart instead of 2min.

In fact using exetel off peak for anything is painfully slow.

This ISP's performance off peak speaks for itself with off peak speed issue posts littering various forums (e.g whirlpool), its pathetic! Wish I knew sooner.

I didn't sign up for or agree to a service that is virtual unusable for half of every day, looks like its time to churn.

Malignance

Post by Malignance » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:16 am

Yeah i've been testing alot of things and my stream speed seems to have also dropped around the same time.

Tir

Post by Tir » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:49 am

I've been testing the spikes ingame, I've noticed if I'm in a zone instance with a lot of people I spike and lag to hell, if I'm only with party member or by myself I don't. This is probably why some people say switching current instances can fix it. For example Khopshef right now is lagging me to hell and there's only the single instance so I can't switch, but if I go in that house dungeon by myself I get constant green sub 350ms latency.

So do any of you lag in an instance by yourself?

Oh also, Exetel is hardly alone with this issue lul, not like the main 10k spike thread on the official forums got to over 60 pages and 1.2k replies with just Exetel customers.

Malignance

Post by Malignance » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:56 am

Tir wrote:Oh also, Exetel is hardly alone with this issue lul, not like the main 10k spike thread on the official forums got to over 60 pages and 1.2k replies with just Exetel customers.
Yes this is true but it could also be the way certain ISP's handle traffic.

I heard something about WoW being mistaken as P2P during offpeak and then they fixed it. Could a possible fix be done for Age of Conan and see what happens?

Tir

Post by Tir » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:20 am

^ That's what I'm hoping.

As much as it seems like a server-side issue with the different latency I get between zones, petitions to GMs all insist there's nothing wrong with the servers, and that I have to talk to my ISP. So... yeah.

edit: dunno if I mentioned it in this thread but years ago I had awful 10k+ spikes in WoW too, I quit because of them but when I started playing again like a year ago it worked absolutely fine. So hopefully if Exetel did do something then to fix it, they can do the same here.