Age Of Conan

Old, inactive threads
CrackerJak

Re: Age Of Conan

Post by CrackerJak » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:30 am

The 12am to 12pm off peak time is practically unusable, the blame can be laid solely on the leechers who you (Exetel) intentionally entice by offering 48gigs off peak on every plan. Some one on a $50 or less plan should not be entitled to the same off peak quota as those on the $85+ plans.

Restructure your plans, or increase your capacity. Doing nothing will cost you customers and your reputation.

Rips

Post by Rips » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:36 am

bundywow wrote: Rips wait for more feed back if you are the only person who this did not help then perhaps your latency was caused by another issue?
I can maintain 200-300ish pings in the peak period most days. Off peak my ping is all over the place, the 9k ping isn't as common as a few nights ago but still regular enough to prevent gaming.

On top of the horrid pings I'm dealing with a download speed on average of 54kb for 12hours everyday, making gaming impossible for half of everyday. This on adsl2 is really beyond poor.

I really don't see how it could be at my end when I can get consistent sub 300 ping & 8-12mbps bandwith during peak period, however am willing to listen to any explanation or ideas.

An explanation from a Support manager would also be helpful.

At this point in time I would settle for & be grateful for a refund of this months fees & the option to opt out of the service without further fees... I feel the contract has already been breached by Exetel by either a failure to properly advise of (the extent thereof) or alternatively rectify the off-peak speed issue.

James D

Post by James D » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:15 am

When i get into the office I will have another look at the work around with the network team. At this stage it is odd that it worked for some of you and not others.

Tir

Post by Tir » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:26 am

The spikes have always been a bit random, it's possible they were just lucky like I was a couple nights ago. I was still getting 9k spikes up to around 7pm yesterday when I stopped playing, but again it was only in certain zones, dungeons had mostly perfect latency. I'll log on now to test it some more.

edit: 7:30am running around Purple Lotus Swamp for a few minutes, hangs around 320ms (very good with my wireless) but it gets spikes up to 2k ms every minute or so... then bam a 9861ms one. :cry:

edit2: had four 9k spikes within the space of 15mins now.

edit3: James D does your NE workaround cover all of your services? Wireless, ADSL and ADSL2? Just checking.

bundywow

Post by bundywow » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:45 am

The game overall lastnight worked fine for me could it be working fine now for ADSL 1 and not 2?

saintau

Post by saintau » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:34 am

I suggest that everyone that still has the issue is placed in an excluion list in your packet prioritisation box untill your vendor can release a signature.

Second thought is why not just make your own sig file cant be any harder then an IDS/IPS sig file. I can do packet captures if thats what you need.
bundywow wrote: Saintau i seriously doubt even 2 computers running vent and a mmo each would even touch on 600MB. For instance i spend an entire day on vent playing wow or AoC and net limiter almost never exceeds 100mb for the days total download.
No idea mate never played WoW, but i know for fact that if 2 pc on vent+eq2 raid we hit around 350MB for a 12 hr slot, and since AoC is so much more intensive on the network i would expect to see more in AoC raiding.

bundywow

Post by bundywow » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:46 am

Ok 11am 9k latency spikes that other people on the server are not experiencing. nothing obvious at home that caused it power down and power up cycle of router doesn't do anything .

Matsky

Post by Matsky » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:01 pm

James D wrote:When i get into the office I will have another look at the work around with the network team. At this stage it is odd that it worked for some of you and not others.
Yeah, mine doesn't seem any better. I think some people might have thought it was improved just because the off-peak speed is so random. They were probably just getting good latency at the time. I'm still getting 9k spikes early into the off-peak period. Please keep looking into it. You plans have the best download limit but this random off-peak spiking is killing my AoC.

Matsky

Post by Matsky » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:17 am

Gah, off-peak on the fair-play still and it's even worse, 9k peaks ever 20 seconds or so, once again I can't play. Please, please, please, please can you fix the problem with Net Enforcer before the weekend? Begging you!

Malignance

Post by Malignance » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:05 am

Yes please ! lol i'm about to get kicked from guild for lack of attendance.

James D

Post by James D » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:50 am

There is an upgrade of the NE due for today, once this is done I will advise it is complete and get some more testing done.

Tir

Post by Tir » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks James keep us updated. Just asking again to make sure, NE covers all your services including wireless?

James D

Post by James D » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:18 am

Tir wrote:Thanks James keep us updated. Just asking again to make sure, NE covers all your services including wireless?
Yes all services.

saintau

Post by saintau » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:22 pm

James D, ive PM'd you a work around ive found. Seemed to work well for me. PM if you need more info or tests from my end.

Tir

Post by Tir » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:53 pm

Played decently today up until the servers went down at 9pm I think it was. Some spikes here and there but stayed playable unlike usual. Hope I wasn't just being lucky again.