EVE Online

Old, inactive threads
RandomState

EVE Online

Post by RandomState » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:25 pm

I have seen similar posts about games running slowly from around 9-10pm and onwards and am having a similar problem with EVE Online. It feels like the port is being heavily shaped to minimize traffic resulting in 10 minute logons and massively delayed commands. Can the chaps at ExeTel see if they can open up access on IP address 87.237.38.200 TCP port 26000. And also 70.42.62.0 /24 UDP 3478 and 5062 which is used for EVE Voice.

I should probably mention that I am on Fair Play so would expect reasonably high response times. Browsing and the like are fine.

James D

Re: EVE Online

Post by James D » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:45 am

I have added your IP address to the EVE online pool. Please try again tonight and see how it goes.

abdul

Post by abdul » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:19 pm

RandomState wrote: It feels like the port is being heavily shaped to minimize traffic resulting in 10 minute logons and massively delayed commands.
We are not constraining the port. I can confirm that we've already prioritised this game.

stealthmonkey

Post by stealthmonkey » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 am

James D wrote:I have added your IP address to the EVE online pool. Please try again tonight and see how it goes.
Sorry, I thought it would be better to bump an old thread than to start a new one. Could you please add me to this list? IP address 220.233.185.80

We are not constraining the port. I can confirm that we've already prioritised this game.
I'm sorry, but you are either incorrect or something else is wrong, it is close to impossible to play the game during offpeak hours (5-10 min connections, if it lets you through, 30sec-1min lag), and you'll occasionally have problems even during peak hours

RandomState

Post by RandomState » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:05 am

James, thanks for your help but the speed did not improve until I followed the advice in another post I found on the forums http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=293&t=26842 and set the port in the prefs.ini to the same port as World of Warcraft 3724 and also set the networkAdvanced=1 option. (It seems that just setting networkAdvanced=1 and leaving the port at 26000 helps indicating a possible anomoly in the EVE Client). This seems to have resolved the connection issues and I can at least connect and play with improved (if not optimal) speed. It occurs to me that although ExeTel may not be shaping the port that some other provider on route to the EVE Servers in London is and that the problem is occuring there.

It is interesting to note that I have tried several other ports including those available to Direct X games and the only one that will allow me to connect besides 26000 is the World of Warcraft port 3724. It may be that someone on the EVE Server farm has opened that port so they can play WoW or perhaps WoW servers are hosted from the same provider thus providing access.

holefx

Post by holefx » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Hey JamesD,

I am also having chronic and Bloody frustraing lag issues with eve.

Can i also be added to this "eve pool"

Ip: 220.233.5.42