Record ADSL Order Day

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin

Record ADSL Order Day

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:07 pm

We haven't paid much attention to raw order statistics for a while (since we discontinued offering the unbundled ADSL2 services) but today set a new record for the number of new and churn ADSL orders processed in a single day.

All the previous record days for the past 12 months coincided with the end of various promotions so this is unusual.

Col

Re: Record ADSL Order Day

Post by Col » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:04 am

ForumAdmin wrote:We haven't paid much attention to raw order statistics for a while (since we discontinued offering the unbundled ADSL2 services) but today set a new record for the number of new and churn ADSL orders processed in a single day.

Al the previous record days for the past 12 months coincided with the end of various promotions so this is unusual.
Congratulations! Very nice indeed :). What did most of them put down as the source of them hearing about Exetel?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:59 am

Col wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:We haven't paid much attention to raw order statistics for a while (since we discontinued offering the unbundled ADSL2 services) but today set a new record for the number of new and churn ADSL orders processed in a single day.

Al the previous record days for the past 12 months coincided with the end of various promotions so this is unusual.
Congratulations! Very nice indeed :). What did most of them put down as the source of them hearing about Exetel?
We dont look at that information on a daily basis. The overwhelming majority of sign ups come from recommendations by friend/family/colleague.

codywilson

Post by codywilson » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Well done guys.
It's good to see strong growth in these economically troubling times. Potentially exetel may become the ISP that people move to so as to save money while still having the "necessity" of broadband. If that the case maybe people should sit outside mortgage refinacers and sell exetel...
In other news, Col deserves a gold star for his whirlpool efforts. I've seen a few unsure people Swing in favor of exetel based on his advice.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:41 pm

We very much appreciate al the assistance our customers are kind enough to provide.

Col

Post by Col » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:06 am

codywilson wrote:In other news, Col deserves a gold star for his whirlpool efforts. I've seen a few unsure people Swing in favor of exetel based on his advice.
:oops: That's why I asked the question.. I was kinda wanting to know if the % of people saying they heard about Exetel from Whirlpool or Broadband Choice had increased much since I started um... showing people that there are greener pastures if you look for them. I am surprised the Node fanbois haven't ganged up on me to lower my Aura a great deal... though if they read this *gulp*.
ForumAdmin wrote:We very much appreciate al the assistance our customers are kind enough to provide.
Every customer gains by helping Exetel grow, so I for one am happy to help. And all without getting a referral credit so far :).

Flame

Post by Flame » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:50 am

Hi guys :) I applied to churn on the 18th (work to be done hopefully on monday 23rd), and my work mate applied on 17th. We basically just heard good things from other Exetel users down here in Hobart. If I'd investigated Exetel's packages earlier I probably would have switched and tried them out months ago.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:15 am

Col wrote:
codywilson wrote:In other news, Col deserves a gold star for his whirlpool efforts. I've seen a few unsure people Swing in favor of exetel based on his advice.
:oops: That's why I asked the question.. I was kinda wanting to know if the % of people saying they heard about Exetel from Whirlpool or Broadband Choice had increased much since I started um... showing people that there are greener pastures if you look for them. I am surprised the Node fanbois haven't ganged up on me to lower my Aura a great deal... though if they read this *gulp*.
There is a noticeable increase of people citing Whirlpool as the source of their decision to sign up with Exetel.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:16 am

Flame wrote:Hi guys :) I applied to churn on the 18th (work to be done hopefully on monday 23rd), and my work mate applied on 17th. We basically just heard good things from other Exetel users down here in Hobart. If I'd investigated Exetel's packages earlier I probably would have switched and tried them out months ago.
Nice to have you with us.

Col

Post by Col » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 am

ForumAdmin wrote:There is a noticeable increase of people citing Whirlpool as the source of their decision to sign up with Exetel.
Music to my ears :). I think it is time we brought Exetel officially back into the Whirlpool forums, and to slowly keep building up its reputation. Updates and news from this forum, for example, and even the monthly newsletter could be posted by a Rep in the Exetel section to reduce the % of threads that have a negative tone (it is nicknamed Whingepool afterall).

There are a few active people on there that keep posting about Exetel when people are looking for good, affordable plans. There aren't enough of us though (it looks weird having the same people over and over again saying to join Exetel). To all happy customers: We need your help! :P

Case in point: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... m?t=997934 - the poll will easily go in Internode's favour due to them having so many active members on Whirlpool. Such is life though :roll:

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:36 am

Col wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:There is a noticeable increase of people citing Whirlpool as the source of their decision to sign up with Exetel.
Music to my ears :). I think it is time we brought Exetel officially back into the Whirlpool forums, and to slowly keep building up its reputation. Updates and news from this forum, for example, and even the monthly newsletter could be posted by a Rep in the Exetel section to reduce the % of threads that have a negative tone (it is nicknamed Whingepool afterall).

There are a few active people on there that keep posting about Exetel when people are looking for good, affordable plans. There aren't enough of us though (it looks weird having the same people over and over again saying to join Exetel). To all happy customers: We need your help! :P

Case in point: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... m?t=997934 - the poll will easily go in Internode's favour due to them having so many active members on Whirlpool. Such is life though :roll:
Again, we really appreciate your assistance.

Having some reasonably long experience in how public fora work I agree with you that positive 'presences' are a very necessary part of any forum providing a benefit to 'impartial' visitors and this is especially the case, from my personal point of view, with fora such as Whirlpool where moderation is done by unpaid volunteers who have, by definition, limited time resources to apply to their responsibilities. Possibly Exetel's reputation and therefore 'new customer sign ups' have been adversely affected by the efforts of some competitors but it has never mattered to what we have tried to accomplish over the past four years and there is a wide body of evidence that 'professional' negativity actually produces the reverse of the effect intended by the perpetrator.

Whether Exetel should devote some of its own, extremely busy, personnel resources to a public forum when we struggle to provide adequate resources to our own forum is not an easy decision to make in the positive.

CCCs

Post by CCCs » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:37 am

How about having a volunteer rep on whirlpool like the volunteer admins on here?
Give them special access to Exetel staff like the volunteers here?

Either way I have stopped going to whirlpool for ADSL news as most of the info over there on their "Exetel" forum is either irrelevant or old news.

Probably having volunteer reps there would give a semblence of Exetel "presence" for those looking to sign up.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:08 pm

CCCs wrote:How about having a volunteer rep on whirlpool like the volunteer admins on here?
Give them special access to Exetel staff like the volunteers here?

Either way I have stopped going to whirlpool for ADSL news as most of the info over there on their "Exetel" forum is either irrelevant or old news.

Probably having volunteer reps there would give a semblence of Exetel "presence" for those looking to sign up.
If someone wanted to give their time to do such a thing then Exetel would be very happy to accept the assistance.

However, it's an onerous responsibility and not very rewarding - sometimes quite the reverse of rewarding.

The assistance that such a person could get would be the same as is given to our kind volunteers here - email access to the correct person within Exetel capable of clarifying any point.

The only 'reward' that could be given would be a no charge ADSL account.

Col

Post by Col » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:08 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:If someone wanted to give their time to do such a thing then Exetel would be very happy to accept the assistance.

However, it's an onerous responsibility and not very rewarding - sometimes quite the reverse of rewarding.

The assistance that such a person could get would be the same as is given to our kind volunteers here - email access to the correct person within Exetel capable of clarifying any point.

The only 'reward' that could be given would be a no charge ADSL account.
I think there might actually be a few interested people who might contact you about it. I wouldn't mind actually doing it, if only I knew more about the technical aspects of a broadband service so I would be able to answer questions and help people properly. Also, being a Rep would tie my hands behind my back in some respects as I would no longer be able to continue recommending Exetel in the 'Choosing an ISP' forum, or engage in discussions about the pros and cons of going with whatever ISP they are discussing - which is why I am posting there in the first place. That's if I have interpreted the Rep Guidelines properly. Otherwise I would be jumping at the opportunity.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Following the record ADSL order week we had ending last Sunday (June 21st), today set another new record day for ADSL orders with another almost two and a half hours still to go.