SIP Server upgrade

Old, inactive threads
raymond
Exetel Staff

Re: SIP Server upgrade

Post by raymond » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:49 pm

We will release the new feature late, not now.

The new feature include:
Prepaid VOIP feature.
Call forwarding - Forward your VOIP calls to your mobile or landline.
Hourly based CDR usage meter.
VOIP wholesale via gateway.

Shortlegs

Post by Shortlegs » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:20 pm

My voip service is back and running OK, thank you. I did not change any settings in the modem. :D :D :D

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:16 pm

I've made some outbound VoIP calls this morning and had some inbound calls also, using my Nokia N82. The call quality has been excellent, even the other parties I've spoken to have been impressed.

I have configured my N82 to work when logging into known access points, so when ever I am visiting friends or family it automatically connects to VoIP.

Thanks Exetel. :D
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

terrox

Post by terrox » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:14 am

If this new software can be configured to allow more than one incoming SIP registration for calls, that would be sweet. At the moment we (or just me?) can only get incoming calls through the "first" device which registers with the SIP server (primarily my modem). If I had a second/third incoming SIP account I would be able to get calls on my computer or mobile phone while near wireless access points - that would be l337! *cough* I mean "good".

Aquard

Post by Aquard » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:26 pm

JamesR wrote:
VoIP Admin wrote:Some of you may have problem with sip1.exetel.com.au, which probably related to dns issue / registration message too big. I suggest try 58.96.1.2 as it connect straight to the server without resolving any dns.
Being an agent, we have setup all our customers connections with sip1.exetel.com.au per the instruction manuals, and now the business VoIP here does not like the sip1.exetel.com.au but does accept 58.96.1.2.

Will this mean we need to reconfigure all my VoIP customers to the IP instead of the domain? Is there any chance that the sip1.exetel.com.au will still work? Why isn't it working for us - have we set something wrong somewhere?
If it's a DNS updating issue, it will work fine in time. Patience! Those who desire instant connectivity, go through the change to IP.