Will Exetel Use Telstra Wholesale ADSL2+

Old, inactive threads
kjd

Will Exetel Use Telstra Wholesale ADSL2+

Post by kjd » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Will you guys be wholesaling from Tesltra for ADSL2+?
ADSL2+ is enabled from telstra at my exchange and they have just offered it for wholesale so I am hoping exetel will offer it?

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/sto ... 06,00.html

austdata

Re: Will Exetel Use Telstra Wholesale ADSL2+

Post by austdata » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:45 pm

G'day kjd,
From earlier posts by Exetel staff and volunteers, I think that would have more to do with Telstra Wholesale (TW). If TW only release to, shall we say, selected customers then Exetel will be out of luck. If TW release it for more than their ADLS1, which is what I suspect, the price will be prohibitive.

However time will tell. It will be interesting to see what FA has to say (if he reads the forum again tonight during "family time").....

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 pm

austdata wrote:G'day kjd,
From earlier posts by Exetel staff and volunteers, I think that would have more to do with Telstra Wholesale (TW). If TW only release to, shall we say, selected customers then Exetel will be out of luck. If TW release it for more than their ADLS1, which is what I suspect, the price will be prohibitive.

However time will tell. It will be interesting to see what FA has to say (if he reads the forum again tonight during "family time").....

Cheers,

Mike
I haven't heard anything about them contacting Exetel.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:53 am

It will be very interesting to see how Tel$tra Wholsale ADSL2+ develops. My guess this is just another tactic of Tel$tra to try and grab the funding for the NBN.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM