Plan change without email notification?

Old, inactive threads
kiwigene

Plan change without email notification?

Post by kiwigene » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:53 am

I've just had my plan changed from Opt-A to IncPhoneY without any notification and not at my request.

Is this standard practice? My Opt-A contract expired last month and I know this plan is no longer
available to new customers, but I would have thought that an email notifying me of the change,
or at least giving me the option of choosing which plan to go on would have been courteous.

Preferably I would have liked to stay on Opt-A. Are plans not "grandfathered"?

I've never been a big user of the Offpeak period, but potentially I could have unwittingly downloaded
many gigabytes and be up for an unexpected bill!

Can someone from Exetel please explain to me formally why my plan is now IncPhoneY and not Opt-A
and why I didn't at least get an email informing me of this change?

Thanks,

Gene

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Plan change without email notification?

Post by jokiin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:20 am

kiwigene wrote:I've just had my plan changed from Opt-A to IncPhoneY without any notification and not at my request.

Is this standard practice? My Opt-A contract expired last month and I know this plan is no longer
available to new customers, but I would have thought that an email notifying me of the change,
or at least giving me the option of choosing which plan to go on would have been courteous.

Preferably I would have liked to stay on Opt-A. Are plans not "grandfathered"?

I've never been a big user of the Offpeak period, but potentially I could have unwittingly downloaded
many gigabytes and be up for an unexpected bill!

Can someone from Exetel please explain to me formally why my plan is now IncPhoneY and not Opt-A
and why I didn't at least get an email informing me of this change?

Thanks,

Gene
have you checked the junkmail folder in your email account, the notification may have been sent there in error, I'm not aware of them ever doing this without an email notification as these things are system generated

James D

Post by James D » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:24 am

An email should have been sent notifying of the change to your nominated email contact on the account.

No there are no "grandfather" plans.

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Ok, I've checked all my mail folders and no, I didn't receive any notification.

Thanks for the info though.

I guess i'll have to assess the plan I'm on now. No off-peak is a real bummer...

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:39 pm

kiwigene wrote:Ok, I've checked all my mail folders and no, I didn't receive any notification.
Maybe you should access your Member's Facilities page and ensure your email address listed with Exetel is current.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:04 pm

kiwigene wrote:I guess i'll have to assess the plan I'm on now. No off-peak is a real bummer...
Plus, you can still switch between IncPhone plans at will

mattski

Post by mattski » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:21 pm

kiwigene wrote:No off-peak is a real bummer...
Note that there is 1GB off-peak included (and 2GB peak) for IncPhone Y...

...that is despite the "Change Plan" page saying it is 2GB peak + 0GB off-peak, and this page http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2.php saying that it is 1 + 1. This still needs to be fixed.

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:06 pm

Yes, thanks for all the advice.

The reason I raised this issue is because I DID check my Member's Facilities page
(after noticing the Mini Exetel Usage Meter wasn't reading what I thought it should).
Rest assured all my account details are/were correct. Yes, my email is correct. I get
the weekly phone usage update, I get all those messages about saving birds etc.
I get all the messages about general plan changes and quota upgrades.
BUT I DID NOT GET AN EMAIL INFORMING ME OF MY OWN PLAN CHANGE.

And yes I did notice that 1GB does seem to be included in off-peak, which is good.
And I noticed all those other issues you raised too. That was why I was concerned
about having no off-peak and potentially downloading many dollars worth without
being aware of the plan change.

And while obviously it is easy to change plans, you must concede that going from 500MB + 48GB
to 2GB + 1GB is a huge reduction in dowload allowance. Yes, I know the off-peak is a "bonus", but
effectively the lowest price plan which sets Exetel apart from the rest is $10 a month more than
what I'm paying now. So effectively a $10 a month price increase.

Still I'm happy with the service, value for money etc. overall - just wish I'd known what was
happening before it happened...

hoey

Post by hoey » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:34 pm

I too have been force migrated fro the OPT-A plan without being notified.
And I have also checked my contact email address is up to date.
I would have been quite happy to change to another plan (of my own choice) if I had been notified beforehand.