Fring/NimBuzz Replacement

Old, inactive threads
thomashouseman

Re: Fring/NimBuzz Replacement

Post by thomashouseman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 am

Back to ontopic....

I just tried accessing my VOIP mailbox (121) and the exeVOIP application won't allow me to send tones across it to control the mailbox. i.e. Press 1 for new messages. etc

Will the next release fix this issue?

Thanks,

T.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:05 am

thomashouseman wrote:Back to ontopic....

I just tried accessing my VOIP mailbox (121) and the exeVOIP application won't allow me to send tones across it to control the mailbox. i.e. Press 1 for new messages. etc

Will the next release fix this issue?

Thanks,

T.
Yes, but the next release is still undergoing testing.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:09 am

toast wrote:Hi, thought id post on the experience using the exetel voip software.
Hi Clive

The version of ExeVOIP that is currently available via this thread is still a demo version - keep watching this thread for news of further releases with bug fixes and more features.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

Mick01

Post by Mick01 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Gidget wrote: the next release is still undergoing testing.
Any estimate of when we can expect a new release. I note development has fallen behind the original schedule and there hasn't been a new release in quite a while. Is Exetel still developing the app? I'm hoping for a release that works with my Symbian based Samsung i560.

mick

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:13 pm

It's only a day late:
ForumAdmin wrote:The scheduled next release has failed QA and Raymond will provide it "shortly".

The planned completion date for this service has been put back 2 weeks to 30th March 2009.

toast

Post by toast » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Gidget wrote:
toast wrote:Hi, thought id post on the experience using the exetel voip software.
Hi Clive

The version of ExeVOIP that is currently available via this thread is still a demo version - keep watching this thread for news of further releases with bug fixes and more features.

Gidget
Has anyone experienced the 'self echo' problems I described earlier, where the person can hear their own voice in their headset before the receiver hears the sounds in their headset?

I can't imagine that this problem was because I was testing the app on Telstra's NextG network.

b9force

Post by b9force » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:25 pm

ahas wrote:makes my 6121c run hot & extremely high battery use
Same here on my 6121c (tried it out for the first time tonight). My ear feels very warm indeed! :shock:

I think the battery use issue is a potential show-stopper for me, as it renders the application impractical for real-world use (unless I keep my phone charger plugged in!).

Not much luck with my test calls so far in Melbourne (both to PSTN and mobile). The other person couldn't hear me at all, and I could hear them only intermittently.

Anyway... well done on the demo so far, thanks. Keep up the good work! :)

Cheers
B9

wadeholmes

Post by wadeholmes » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:30 pm

just reporting that I have the demo version working on the nokia 6120classic - tip top reception, good quality, very little lag to both mobile or landline. Installed by downloading the files and bluetoothing them to my phone and then saving the files (I have a mac, so nokia sooftware suite for me - when exetel do user guides, you might want to mention that it can be done by bluetoothing the files)

Minor annoyance that I have is that when you call a landline, it doesn't do the traditional dialing - it is all quiet, and then the other person starts speaking - takes a bit to get used to.

The first time I use it, I didn't close the application properly (just hit red hang up, not options -> close or whatever) and it sucked the battery dry in 4 hours from I assume talking to the internet - won't make that mistake again!

On the point of closing the application - I note it takes a while to close and disconnect from the internet - wondering why? (not really an issue, again more of an annoyance and I guess I need to be patient)

Also would like the ability to search phone's contacts like the colbysms application - maybe the two need to be combined somehow?

and also a six minute phone call to a landline used 1.51mb up, 1.82mb down = 3.33mb per six minutes - and at 1.5c per MB equals less than 5c for six minutes in the data access - bugger all if you ask me (this was a worry for me when I signed up!)

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:02 pm

wadeholmes wrote:Also would like the ability to search phone's contacts
It's coming - see this post earlier in this thread
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p232988
for the project scope - the timeline for the final release has slipped a little, though (sorry, I don't know when it will be ready).

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:00 pm

wadeholmes wrote:just reporting that I have the demo version working on the nokia 6120classic - tip top reception, good quality, very little lag to both mobile or landline. Installed by downloading the files and bluetoothing them to my phone and then saving the files (I have a mac, so nokia sooftware suite for me - when exetel do user guides, you might want to mention that it can be done by bluetoothing the files)

Where did you put the files? I tried emailing the files to the phone and it saves the certificates as "notes", which they are not.

wadeholmes

Post by wadeholmes » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:43 pm

peterh_oz wrote: Where did you put the files? I tried emailing the files to the phone and it saves the certificates as "notes", which they are not.
ehh... from memory now, I had to bluetooth three files to my phone - they came into my inbox, I opened the key gen file, it was like a text file, I just clicked on save attachment. (no idea where it saved). then opened the cer file, same deal - like a text file, and clicked save file. Then I opened the sis file, which installed.

Initially I thought "where have they just saved, and shouldn't it be in the same folder?", but it seems to be working

probably not really an answer to your question!

wadeholmes

Post by wadeholmes » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 am

any updates on the application?

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:08 pm

The application is in the final stage of development. We will send to Symbian for signing next week. Once Symbian verify the application, it will be formally avaialbe for our customers.

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:21 pm

raymond wrote:The application is in the final stage of development. We will send to Symbian for signing next week. Once Symbian verify the application, it will be formally avaialbe for our customers.
Does it now work on the Samsung i560?

gearo

Post by gearo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Hello Raymond,
I have been playing with v1.0 exevoip.
Is this the latest ?
Where can the latest be found?
Haven't heard from anyone regards why bluetooth connection in cars doesn't work with voip?
Can anyone get their bluetooth voip to operate in a car? (seems as soon as the internet gets connected via the Access Point, the audio and visual on dash part of the bluetooth connection is lost)
thanks.