Question about long distance calls

Old, inactive threads
MaxPower

Question about long distance calls

Post by MaxPower » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Hey there,

Finally planning to go ahead and upgrade from ADSL1 to ADSL2+ and phone from Exetel on the INC2DSLD plan. Just looking at the sign-up page though, and came across these things so thought I'd ask before going ahead with it. If this is the wrong section, please move this to the right one.

What exactly does this mean?
I understand that my monthly access charge will increase by $10.00 per month if I choose to use another provider for long distance calls
Or this one.
Yes, I agree to preselect Exetel for long distance calls?
Sure, I understand what it is saying, but does it apply only to calls being made directly from the PSTN line? For example, I already have a VoIP plan with another provider which is used for both national and long distance calls. Will this mean I have to pay $10 extra every month? Also, will using one of those calling cards while signed up with Exetel mean I get charged $10 extra every month?

Hope you guys can clear this up. Thanks.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Question about long distance calls

Post by Dazzled » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:02 pm

It means that if you make STD calls on PSTN, then you agree to do it on the Exetel PSTN phone. You can't use an override code to another supplier, such as Telstra.

Like you, I have VoIP, and never make PSTN outward calls. VoIP is an internet thing, and is excluded from this clause. There are 100 Exetel VoIP calls p.m.included in the INCDSL plans. Calling cards are usually local PSTN calls. (I used to use them once for overseas calls, but find that Exetel VoIP is better value)

MaxPower

Post by MaxPower » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Cool, thanks for the reply.

So basically, they both won't affect the whole "long distance" clause Exetel has? Guess I'll go ahead and upgrade. :)

xsilver

Post by xsilver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:31 pm

Can someone provide a link to the page for exetel's charges via voip to overseas destinations?

Do you have to be on a package to call overseas??

http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_planA.php

this link has a whole list of $5/10 packages - what happens if I dont join any of these in the members area and just dial overseas via voip?

sable

Post by sable » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:45 pm

One line above what you were looking at

http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_pricelist.php

xsilver

Post by xsilver » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:28 pm

oh thanks - dang - Im so blind.

I assume also that the 100 free voip calls has nothing to do with international - every call will be charged

and also the charges per minute but billed per second - Some locations are 1-2c /min - what if you make a 15 sec call - lol - 1/4 cent bill?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:41 pm

I just checked one of mine - 11 sec call to UK (answering machine) - cost 1c. The later 55 minute call to the same number - $1.10