VoIP Issues

Old, inactive threads
kenobiajay

Re: VoIP Issues

Post by kenobiajay » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:06 am

ExetelVoice wrote:We are reverting to the old SIP server configuration at 6:00am tomorrow (Thursday 12/11/2009) morning.

The problems experienced should then be fixed. Exetel of course apologises for those issues experienced.
So has this happened now?

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:31 am

Yes. Please advise if there are any issues still.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 am

I noticed the CLI from my VOIP to my work phone isn't working. It says Unknown caller instead of my VOIP number. Is this happening for anyone else?

Mike Agent N040

Post by Mike Agent N040 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am

The 7 ring problem is gone :)

CallerID is OK too - as long as the "Display Name" is the same as the account DID :)

Thank you for the reversion! It's like we've gone back to XP from Vista.
Exetel Agent N040
http://auzzie.net/cccweb

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:00 am

I am still unable to register with my Nokia E66.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 am

Am able to register my 2nd Exetel VOIP no. on my Nokia 6120 okay, but no caller ID appearing on the called phone again with this account either... Using the ExeVOIP application on this phone that Exetel were developing. i'm sure it used to display the caller ID when I called from it....

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 am

vk3xem wrote:I am still unable to register with my Nokia E66.
My Nokia E71 registers OK (using a DID attached to my HSPA account), although I had to change the Realm to FQDN rather than IP (but I'm not 100% sure that was the issue).

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:28 am

thomashouseman wrote:...but no caller ID appearing on the called phone again with this account either...
Confirmed , no caller ID from my E71, using Nokia's inbuilt SIP client. My DID settings in member facilities is set to send caller ID.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:36 am

I am using Nokia's native SIP client on my E66 and Registration is still failing. I have tried rebooting the phone and cycling Registration between Always On and When Needed and back to Always On, which normally fixes registration issues but still no success.

Any suggestions what I should do next?
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

odenchan

Post by odenchan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:56 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:Yes. Please advise if there are any issues still.
the light for voip came back on from the modem and there's a dial tone but still can't receive or make calls, any suggestions?

sable

Post by sable » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 pm

odenchan wrote:
ExetelVoice wrote:Yes. Please advise if there are any issues still.
the light for voip came back on from the modem and there's a dial tone but still can't receive or make calls, any suggestions?
A bit more info would be useful to troubleshoot your problem
eg

modem/ata model
firmware
codecs
is sip server gegistered?

odenchan

Post by odenchan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:06 pm

the light for "voip ready"came back on from the modem, there's a dial tone and "phone 1" light came on also when i activate the hanset but when i try to make a call, the phone dials the number but then it get to busy tone as well as the " phone 1" light goes off. when i try calling my voip number from my mobile, the line is not available at all. any more sugguestion?

modem: dynalink RTA1046VW
firmware: 3.63U
codecs: G729
is sip server registered? all input as "sip1.exetel.com.au"
it would be great if u could help,
thank you

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 pm

I lodged a fault ticket early today and then rang customer support over my SIP Registration Failure. After about 20 min on the phone the support guy said he would re-create the VoIP account with the same phone number and text me the details. I also requested that my HSPA number continue to mask the VoIP number, being one of the lucky ones that got this enabled.

Sure enough about 10 min later I got the text message with the password to re-enter. My VoIP number is now registered on my Nokia E66 and the caller ID is still showing as my HSPA number!

Thank you to Exetel for resolving my VoIP issue.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

sable

Post by sable » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:28 am

odenchan wrote:the light for "voip ready"came back on from the modem, there's a dial tone and "phone 1" light came on also when i activate the hanset but when i try to make a call, the phone dials the number but then it get to busy tone as well as the " phone 1" light goes off. when i try calling my voip number from my mobile, the line is not available at all. any more sugguestion?

thank you
I am afraid I have no knowledge of your modem, but suggest you try 58.96.1.2 in place of sip1.exetel.com.au

odenchan

Post by odenchan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:21 pm

sable wrote:
odenchan wrote:the light for "voip ready"came back on from the modem, there's a dial tone and "phone 1" light came on also when i activate the hanset but when i try to make a call, the phone dials the number but then it get to busy tone as well as the " phone 1" light goes off. when i try calling my voip number from my mobile, the line is not available at all. any more sugguestion?

thank you
I am afraid I have no knowledge of your modem, but suggest you try 58.96.1.2 in place of sip1.exetel.com.au

Thanks, but already tried that and still no luck. Already lodge a fault ticket, have check settings according to the exetel setup but VoIP not working still